Working Moms
Options

Tuesday GTKY (all from your suggestions!)

1. Beauty product you can't live without
2. Location of first kiss with your SO
3. Pets - bonus for photos
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday GTKY (all from your suggestions!)

• Options
    litzo27litzo27 member
    edited November 2014
    1. Olay sensitive skin moisturizer and a Vitamin C serum underneath
    2. At a comedy club on our first date
    3. Two siamese cats, 12 years old already.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1) Clinique yellow moisturizer

2) At a club on Halloween.  I think I was dressed as a drunk magic 8 ball. 

3) uhmm...we have a caterpillar in a mason jar.  His name is Fred.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Tie between L'oreal BB bream and cetaphil moisturizer. A dream team of products that don't make me break out.

2. In the doorway to his apartment, almost 12 years ago.

3. One of our fuzzballs helping us watch tennis.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    1. Clinique moisturizer
    2. My apartment
    3. We have a 6 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever (Kona). We got her as an 8 week old puppy right after we got married.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    1.  concealer

2.  My college apartment

3.  1 dog, 8-year-old "miniature" schnauzer (he's 30 lbs)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    1. Lip balm!

2. In the front yard at my dad's house when DH came over to "re-meet" the family.

3. 4 year old pit - Keeda, 10 month old pit - Ruckus.
  • Options
    vvvvvfeevvvvvfee member
    edited November 2014
    1. lip balm
    2. my parents' driveway
    3. we have three cats that like to sleep in a big pile:

• Options
    1. Blush? I don't do anything to myself any more (sad)
    2. A couch in his college house. 
    3. We have a beagle mix named Dewey, fondly known as doodoo.
  • Options
    1. Hand lotion....not particular about what kind. 2. Outside my parents house. 3. Three cats-Frank, Lily and Butters, and my horse, Standish (although I don't really consider him a pet.)
  • Options

1. Base.  No matter what I can't go outside without applying base.

2. After a movie, sitting in the theater. No we weren't making out in a movie theater.

3. We have 5 cats.

s/o pets, does anyone WANT a cat. Jk...sort of.

We never planned on having this many. DH and I each had 2 when we got married, so that was 4. Then a cat showed up at our house and had kittens. We rehomed the kittens, fixed the cat and just fed her outside until we moved. At that point she graduated to our cat. You can tell by the 5th's cat name ("Kitty") that we were kind of quitting by that point. But she's the sweetest one we have.  

\image  image

• Options
    beaubecca said:
    1. Nexxus shampoo and conditioner, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, Philosophy Hope in a Jar.
    A bar - we're so klassy.
    2 dogs - a schnoodle and a standard poodle.

imageimage
    Oh my gawd your dogs are so gorgeous! I also had a mini poodle until this year when she passed away  
    =((

\image  image

• Options
    litzo27 said:
    1. Neutrogena microderm abrasion thing - exfoliating awesomeness
    2. My car after our 2nd date. I kissed him although he denies it. He knows it was a precursor for me wearing the pants. ;)
    3. A Norwegian Elkhound in the past who I loved so much; none right now; hopefully a big fuzzy guy when the kids are a little older
    One boy (11.26.12) and one girl (2.28.14)
  • Options
    1. Chanel Le Volume Mascara
    2. His fraternity house?  It's all a little hazy since it was 17 years ago
    3. One cat Phoebe
  • Options

1. Coconut oil- I am new on this band wagon but I clean my face with it and use it as a moisturizer at night - amazing stuff for my face.
    2.  Dorm room 

3. We had a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog - Maggie but she passed away last year.  We miss her dearly. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    beaubecca said:
    1. Nexxus shampoo and conditioner, Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, Philosophy Hope in a Jar.
    A bar - we're so klassy.

imageimage
    Your dogs are adorable!  I love all the -oodle breeds.  Does your schnoodle have a lot of dander?  I'm allergic (hence why we have a schnauzer) and we're looking at a labradoodle or goldendoodle as our next dog but have heard that although they don't shed they still produce a lot of dander.  Would be interested in your experience.

View Full Size Image

• Options

1.  BB cream

2. I was buckled into my car and he was above me on a high curb and opened the door and kissed me outside his office. 

3.  A dingo x kelpie who immigrated back to the US with me from Australia.  She's 12 and I hope her life span runs true to dingo - they can apparently live to 22.

• Options
    1. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and Brow Box.  As long as my eyebrows are groomed, I feel ok to face the world.

2. At a bus stop outside the movie theater.  We'd just seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.  (Totally dating myself) and were waiting for the busses to take us back to our respective colleges.

3. A 7 tear old Olde English Bulldogge (basically a bulldog mix) and a tank with a Beta and Catfish.  I love those fish.
  • Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited November 2014
    1. Beauty product you can't live without - My mascara is it
    2. Location of first kiss with your SO - outside his apartment forever ago
    3. Pets - bonus for photos - 11 year old pom Bailey - In my signature!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    @beaubecca - So we're going to get a dog next year (assuming I don't keep having them babies). And have agreed on a poodle. DH wants a miniature one (not a toy one, the middle size). Because "big dogs shouldn't live in houses". He grew up in a big house where dogs lived outside in a warm country. To me that's ludicrous - of course my dog will live inside! (and hello, we're in CT). But I'm absolutely in love with standard poodles and want nothing more than 1 (or 2) of those. Any tips on how to convince DH to go for standard vs. miniature? :)
  • Options
    1. Beauty product you can't live without Cerave face wash and moisturizer.  Everything else I've ever tried has done terrible things to my skin.
    2. Location of first kiss with your SO On a street corner after our second date.
    3. Pets - bonus for photos No pets.  I have terrible allergies.  Cat allergies are worse than dog allergies for me.  Cat allergies involve hives (particularly fun when they appear on my eyeballs - I look like Woogie from There's Something About Mary), asthma attacks, sneezing, etc.  It can take days to recover from one exposure.  Dog allergies still exist, though not nearly as severe.  But at this point in my life, I have no desire to train a puppy.  None.
  • Options

It is easier to scoop the backyard because you can see it?

No annoying yip.

Doubles as a pony.  In our house this would be a selling point because I respond to most unreasonable requests with "And I want a pink pony."  You could have an apricot standard poodle and a pink pony all in one.

It will not get stepped on/crushed by the children/you/DH.

(I don't like little dogs.  DD dogsits two Great Pyrenees and does great with them, so if he needs an anecdote about little kids and big dogs....there you go.)

• Options
    1-moisturizer (the only form of cosmetics that i use any more
    imageimage
    God Bless You my Little One
    Farida, our first child, born on the 19th of July 2014
    Farida, at 8 weeks
  • Options
    shannmshannm member
    edited November 2014
    1. Aveda color conserve shampoo and conditioner. I am very low maintanence.
    2. We were out as friends with a huge group of people. A drunken night in grad school (Houston, Texas). I was in his car and he got out to look for someone. He came over and gave me a peck through the window before walking away. Good times.
    3. Grew up with dogs and cats. Have had only cats after living on my own because I don't like leaving dogs alone for long days. Had 3 cats forever and then my spunky calico passed about two years ago after a long fight with cancer. I now have 2 old, crazy, and obese cats.
  • Options
    shannmshannm member
    edited November 2014
    jlaOK said:

beaubecca said:

A bar - we're so klassy.

imageimage

Your dogs are adorable!  I love all the -oodle breeds.  Does your schnoodle have a lot of dander?  I'm allergic (hence why we have a schnauzer) and we're looking at a labradoodle or goldendoodle as our next dog but have heard that although they don't shed they still produce a lot of dander.  Would be interested in your experience.

Butting in...my son had his most severe dog allergic reaction to a labradoodle. Not sure about the dander, he seems sensitive to protein in saliva. It was my boss's dog and she kept saying "no, can't be...he is a hypoallergenic dog." As my kid was covered in hives and heavy wheezing.
  • Options
    @litzo27

hope it's okay if i butt in to add my 2 cents. :)

i think a standard poodle would be better with kids because they are larger and more durable. also, you don't have the concern with shedding that you would with most other larger dogs.

a couple of things about poodles- don't forget about the cost/hassle of constant grooming. also, they are incredibly intelligent, but they are also very emotionally sensitive to what is going on in the household. they can tend towards being high strung and nervous (i think this is more true of the toy/miniatures than the standards).

my mom has a miniature poodle. she is a wonderful dog, always playful and energetic, and loved kids when she encountered them on walks. but, she had a really hard time adjusting to DS. he is very active and once he was mobile and all over her, she got very scared and nervous around him. we tried very hard to protect her from DS and soothe her, but it was tough on her. she is just now getting over it, now that DS can control his impulses a little. she is only one dog, and she was introduced to DS as an adult, but my experience with her and DS makes me inclined to say that miniatures might not be the best choice for younger kids.

these links have good personality breakdowns if you haven't already seen them:
    https://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/miniaturepoodles.html
    https://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/standardpoodles.html
  • Options
    1. Aveda deep moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and a turby towel! Has seriously made my straight-but-wants-to-frizz hair so much better. 2. In the living room of my apartment. About 19 years ago! 3. None. DH is open to getting a cat. He claims to hate dogs though he loves every dog he's ever met. My money is on our getting a dog when we have a house with a better yard and we may get a cat sooner but when the kids are a bit older.
  • Options
    mcgeevamcgeeva member
    edited November 2014
    vvvvvfee said:
    @litzo27

hope it's okay if i butt in to add my 2 cents. :)

i think a standard poodle would be better with kids because they are larger and more durable. also, you don't have the concern with shedding that you would with most other larger dogs.

a couple of things about poodles- don't forget about the cost/hassle of constant grooming. also, they are incredibly intelligent, but they are also very emotionally sensitive to what is going on in the household. they can tend towards being high strung and nervous (i think this is more true of the toy/miniatures than the standards).

my mom has a miniature poodle. she is a wonderful dog, always playful and energetic, and loved kids when she encountered them on walks. but, she had a really hard time adjusting to DS. he is very active and once he was mobile and all over her, she got very scared and nervous around him. we tried very hard to protect her from DS and soothe her, but it was tough on her. she is just now getting over it, now that DS can control his impulses a little. she is only one dog, and she was introduced to DS as an adult, but my experience with her and DS makes me inclined to say that miniatures might not be the best choice for younger kids.

these links have good personality breakdowns if you haven't already seen them:
    https://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/miniaturepoodles.html
    https://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/reviews/standardpoodles.html
    Jumping in as well! I have horrible allergies and bad asthma. I am allergic to most dogs and cats will flipping kill me. I have a pom - he hasn't bothered me over the years since he doesn't really shed. If I do go away for a week and come home my eyes will really bother me but once I get use to him again I am fine. I shave him once a month to save the 85 bucks to have it done at petsmart..yes the size of the dog means nothing. I was just going to say I don't think small dogs are a bad idea around kids. Mine is 11 and only 12 pounds so of course he was use to being the baby before my boys came around. But by my sons having a small dog around they have never ever been rough with him or hurt him. We have taught them since day one to be super gentle. Even at age 2 there hasn't been any times where DS has kicked or even patted our dog too hard. 

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Options
    1. Clinique Moisture Surge
    2. In his car in front of a restaurant. We worked together and had just gone out to lunch. 
    3. We have a beagle, Comet, that is a saint with our three girls, hence the tutu. We also have an all black cat, Gypsy, but she's too cool for pictures :)

• Options
    @mcgeeva I've thought about a standard poodle but have heard that they aren't good around kids (I need to do more research).  Grooming shouldn't be an issue because DH grooms our schnauzer every 6 weeks.

A lot of my issue is DH.  He has always wanted a more masculine dog (lab, golden retriever, etc.) but I can't have those dogs because of my allergies.  Getting our schnauzer was a huge compromise and I think the only reason DH was okay with it was because the breeder we got him from told us he would probably be way bigger than the average miniature schnauzer.

Thanks for those websites.  I'll definitely look into some other breeds. 

View Full Size Image

• Options
    Mascara - expensive kinds like Benefit They're Real or Dior Show
    I think DH's condo when he was single
    No pets, I've never had one

• Options

1. BB cream - Garnier or CVS brand because I'm cheap

2. at the stop sign down the road from my parents house

3. we have a lab/shepherd mix... so a mutt. His name is Diesel and he is a 4 year old puppy.

• Options
    1. Mascara
    2. At a bar :(
    3. A Vizsla
  • Options
    jlaOK my friend has a miniature poodle who is great with kids. But no advice on standard. My husband grew up with big dogs and when we were dating he would call my dog a rat POS. But guess what the dog and me were a package deal and 10+ years later he loves this dog. The only deal is he refuses to walk him if his hair is all gown out because he is a fluffy dog :) 

• Options
    1. Shampoo. On a Joico kick lately.
    2. In the kitchen of my third floor apartment. We, too, were *ahem* joined at the hip from our first date on.
    3. Down to one ten year old cat currently.
  • Options
    1. Conditioner. I have fine, thin hair that tangles so easily. I was super pissed at DH, who bought travel size toiletries when I went to the hospital to have DS. He did not get conditioner. My hair was a horrible mess, and when I took the post-birth shower my arms were weak. It was awful.

2. On my living room couch. I took out my contacts and put on my glasses and he asked to get a closer look at my glasses and then moved in for the kiss. It was pretty cute.

3. We have two chihuahuas, Brownie:

and Mocha:

• Options

Late to the party...

1) Aveeno diaper rash cream as a moisterizer...my rosacea is finally under control thanks to that!

2) on the coush in his parent's basement

3) two cats

• Options

1. Tarte Amazonian clay BB cream.

2. At my first apartment, after our first date.

3. We have a German Shepherd; she's 8 years old.  Best dog we could've asked for.  She is so loving and loyal.

• Options
    litzo27 said:

1.) Facial mask

2.) My apartment from senior year of college...up against a wall if you must know.

3.) Cats: Jameson (7 y.o), Newton (6 y.o), Horse: Red (18 y.o.)

Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"