Trying to Get Pregnant

Thanksgiving to remember (BFP)

I'm still trying to believe it, but all the sex has finally worked!  I'm pregnant!

Cycle/Month:

CD/DPO: 40/13 

EDD: August 8th, 2015

What We Did: Temping, OPKs, and sex every 2 or 3 days (hit -4 and -1).

Symptoms: A bunch, but I suspect some are all in my head.  Sore boobs, cramps, nausea.  Also, really really thirsty, which I didn't even realize was a pregnancy symptom until I experienced it and looked it up here on the Bump.  Also (possibly related to the thirst), having to pee every 30 minutes.

How I told DH and others: On Wednesday, my temp shot up to its highest point since I began temping in June, so I took a test even though I hadn't planned to until AF was late.  I got a squinter on a wondfo and drove myself nuts looking at it all day trying to decide if it was or it wasn't.  When DH got home from work, I think I really scared him because I guess I stared at him very intensely and said, "I need to tell you something....(long pause)...I think I am pregnant."  I took a FRER (and another Wondfo) on Thanksgiving morning to confirm.  The timing was a little awkward because Thanksgiving AM, I flew to my sister's (without my husband) to help her care for her newborn for a week.  My mom and I overlapped our visits by a few days so we could all spend Thanksgiving together, so I got to tell my mom and sister in person right away even though we all live in different states and rarely are all together.  And now I get a week of hands-on instruction with a newborn.  But I hate that DH and I got barely an hour together between BFP and me having to go to the airport, so we haven't been able to celebrate or even talk about it much.

The Mushy Stuff: Ladies, thanks for the education!  When I came here, I had no clue what I was doing.  I lurked much more than I posted, but I really appreciate all of the honest and helpful answers (even when I wasn't the one asking the questions).  Thank you so much, and I hope to see everybody in August 15.

Re: Thanksgiving to remember (BFP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"