One & Done: Only child

Need a major reality check

Hi ladies,

So I was pretty staunchly O and D up until a year ago. I have a DS 6 years and have a pretty stressful time with him to frequent illnesses and feeding issues. But now that things have calmed downed, I find myself really wanting a little girl. Now Im dreaming of pink stuff and dresses and all that other stuff. I know obviously the sex of a child is not a guarantee. I guess Im kind of on the fence right now. But part of me is thinking I want another baby for mostly superficial reasons. Anyone been in this boat or have advise?

Re: Need a major reality check

• Sure, I think a lot of us can relate.  I am OaD mostly by circumstance ( recent single mom).

I have a DD, but find myself daydreaming about both scenarios-- two little girls (matching outfits!) and one of each sex (brother/ sister fun!)

But for me, for my situation, this is not something that can be reality.  Even if I do wind up getting remarried, I am not sure my OaD status would change, because as it is DD gives me a run for my money, andplusalso, I have gotten so used to the idea of her being an only.

But I think you will find a lot of support-- there are quite a few fence sitters that go back and forth.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• I have times where I think how cute it would be to see DD with a sibling and how I wouldn't mind having another but then I remember all the reasons why I'm OAD.  I've made a pro/cons list every time I get that feeling and like @2013mommy said, the cons far outweigh the pros.  I like the idea of another baby but I know that the reality of having two kids is just not for me. 
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Loading the player...
  • I'm just 5 months out from DS and since delivery I've been seriously OaD.  Now, DH and in-laws have been bugging me for a sibling for DS.  DH loved having LO as a BABY baby and I think of how much fun my LO is now and that I don't want this time with him to end, but then I remember all of the reasons I'm strongly OandD and the feeling passes rather quickly.
    Egg Retrieval - Feb. 2013 -> OHSS.  FET#1 - June 2013(failed). FET#2 - October 2013(success!) Griffin Alistair: 6#10oz 20" long, born 6/19/14 @ 4:04am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"