1st Trimester
Options

First BFP...but can I trust it?

We've been TTC for 14 months and this morning I got my first BFP. I'm excited. i'm nervous. I'm dying to talk to my mom but I don't want to get her too excited. I just channeled my energy into making an appointment with my OB and updating info here. But I feel like I can't be *sure* based on an HPT. So here's what's going on in my head.

FACTS & FEELINGS
  • (-) I got off the pill in Sept 2013 and my cycles have been irregular, ranging from 25 days to 31 max. After 10+ years on the pill, I'm not shocked that my body is still figuring itself out.
  • (+) Even considering the regular irregularities, I'm late: it's day 32.
  • (-) My BBT didn't show a clear OV date.
  • (+) My BBT has been higher than not since ~CD21.
  • (+) I've been a bit suspicious. In the last week, I've felt a bit nauseated in a few mornings, I've been unnaturally exhausted, I had zero appetite for Thanksgiving (?!!), and I've had weird gurgles.
So maybe it's not that I don't trust the test, and more that I don't trust my body yet. I don't want to get another single person excited until I feel like there's something to get excited about. And I really don't want to get super confident now and then get to my OB's in late December and hear that I shouldn't have been confident about anything.

Advice? Thoughts? Recommendations? Do I just wait a week and retest to be entirely sure?
____

Me: 28 | DH: 35

TTC: since 9/2013
BFP: 11/28/2014 (!!!)
EDD: 8/4/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

beach

Re: First BFP...but can I trust it?

• Options
    Confirm with a digital hpt. Most doctors won't do beta draws unless you are high risk or have a history of miscarriage. My doctor relies on the same urine test as you can get in the store, so congrats, you're pregnant!

I am 10+ weeks now and aside from bloating and sore boobs I haven't had any traditional "symptoms" so I'd advise you not to symptom-spot. Baby had a strong heartbeat at its 8 week ultrasound, so I know it's in there! It is stressful waiting for your first scan so try to distract yourself with other hobbies.

Call your doctor Monday and schedule your first appointment...assuming you're using an obgyn who you have a history with, your first appointment will likely be somewhere between 8 and 12 weeks based on the first day of your last period. Unless you have severe cramping and enough bleeding to fill a pad before then, there is no reason to go in earlier than that. You can't see a baby on an ultrasound until at least 5-6 weeks, and you probably wouldn't see a heartbeat until 6-7 weeks either.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! <3
    ____

Me: 28 | DH: 35

TTC: since 9/2013
    BFP: 11/28/2014 (!!!)
    EDD: 8/4/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

beach
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats! I got a squinter on Monday and it was hard for me to believe as well. :)
  • Options
    You're pregant, trust it. That said, a lot of people wait to share the news, even with parents, with early loss being fairly common.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    Congrats on your BFP, try not to over think it. Make an appointment with your doctor and take it from there. Relax settle in its a long 9 months ahead. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    Congrats!

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"