October 2013 Moms
Options

this is gross but I need reassurance- sorry its long

Dd had a little bit of a tough time in the transition to wcm. Even though we gradually switched, she got really constipated. She still has her sporadic tough days. The day before yesterday she had a couple poopsplosions and one of them was really runny. Yesterday at daycare she had another one and spit up once. At 3:00 this morning, dd woke up crying. When I picked her up she was wet and stunk. When I turned the light on I realized she had thrown up everywhere and was covered in it. I have never seen so much throw up come from her. I'm trying not to be too graphic since this is the day of eating. I was really bothered by it and haven't been able to go back to sleep.

Things I've been thinking about: I think she has a bunch of teeth coming in and maybe all this is related to that. She had a thanksgiving feast at school yesterday and the teacher said they had a lot of fruit (although she spit up and had the poopsplosions prior to the feast). She's had this gradual cough for about a week now that is starting to sound pretty ugly. When she got home yesterday, she wouldn't even look at food and didn't really care for a bottle either (but I wasn't concerned bc her teacher said she ate well at school).

I intend on taking her to be seen on Friday, but I'm worried and don't know if I should call the on call pediatrician. I don't want to disturb someone's holiday if I don't have to. If it was a little bit of vomit I wouldn't be as worried, but I can't believe how much there was, and that's kind of what's concerning me.

Can this potentially be something serious that I should call about asap? Or do you think I can wait til Friday? Thanks in advance.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: this is gross but I need reassurance- sorry its long

• Options
    How is she doing now? If probably call the pedi just to be sure there's nothing you should worry about.

DS was sick at daycare Tuesday afternoon as well with apparently a "large" quantity of vomit and he ended up being ok Tuesday night and yesterday. We've also had issues with constipation/poopsplosions, as well as a cough/runny nose and teething!!

Hugs and hope she's feeling better soon!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies! This morning, Olivia seems to be action like her normal self. I think she may have a low grade fever, but she's acting okay and had a bottle and some cereal this morning. I think I'm going to keep an eye on her and if she stays the same, just have her seen tomorrow as. Was planning. Thank you all so much!

@lia1303 I'm not sure if she was coughing, but its a possibility. We were all asleep so I could have missed it.

Enjoy your thanksgiving, ladies.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Joey has done the same thing while in the transition to WCM. He was also sick for 3 wks during this process. Our pedi had us put him back on formula and start the process all over again. He's been fine since the switch back to formula. If we give him WCM at night thought, it's a complete shit show. He screams bloody murder and ends up throwing up all over.

I hope Olivia is continuing to feel better. Keep us posted on what your pedi says tomorrow.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    photo ae9d6512-aa3f-4ee3-9605-e9c1b685f0eb_zps385c8147.jpg
  • Options
    We are going through the same thing except that mine is vomiting!.... He is super constipated so i have to give him natural remedies and he is coughing. I really didn't know that while they are transitioning, they get sick... Mine has a horrible cough with mucus. It sucks that I can't take him to the doctor everytime I'm worried or call our doc (visiting my parents in Texas, we live in Europe) our kid got sick here and we took him to the hospital.... Now we are currently waiting for that lovely hospital bill! But if he doesn't improve I guess we don't have a choice but take him to the doctor again! :((
  • Options
    Just got back from the pediatrician. The dr said O has a stomach virus :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"