Trouble TTC
Options

Throat Punch Thursday ~ Thanksgiving Edition

For you non-Americans, this can just be a normal TPT. For the American ladies, happy thanksgiving!
Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole

Re: Throat Punch Thursday ~ Thanksgiving Edition

• Options
    pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
    edited November 2014
    TP to my co-worker who thinks that a ten minute break means "half hour break" and who thinks a half hour break means "an hour break." I'm a preschool teacher, so that means I am stuck alone with a bunch of napping four year olds and a fill in teacher that has no idea what the hell she is doing. Here's to a 4 day weekend away from her!
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    I have no TP today. So mine can go to all of those who need it :)

@pinkdoggie‌ I totally get it. I'm a SLP for Early Intervention. 4 year olds can be insane to handle in large groups lol.

@NariaDreaming‌ are you serious?! They'd be getting a literal TP from me lol.

@rainbowbridge14‌ I'm so sorry you hardly got any sleep. I've been up 2 hours before my alarm should have went off. Maybe anticipation for all the yummy food! FX you can get through the day without falling asleep :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @NariaDreaming - That sucks! What little jerks. See that is why I am a preschool teacher and work with young kids rather than the older ones...kids nowadays have no respect!
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    My TP goes to my pressure cooker. It has never sealed correctly (except the first time I used it). It was my first one so I have no idea why it won't work and it was expensive! I'm so pissed.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    @BlueFairy5‌ I'm sorry you're spotting! My LP used to be short that's why they gave progesterone post IUI. I don't get AF until I stop the drugs after negative blood test... I know mines about to come and I'll be benching myself for December and the holidays... I'd like to TP that decision too!
     Me: 30 ~ DH: 30
    Married: October 1, 2011
       TTC: since Jan 2013
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility March 2014
    IUI 1 & 2 - Natural - BFN
    IUI 3 & 4-  50 mg Clomid+ Trigger = BFN
     IUI 5 & 6 50mg Clomid +Trigger + Crinone = BFFN
    Benched Dec 2014
    IUI 7 - gonal-f + trigger + Crinone = BFFN

• Options
    TP to birthdays, holidays and all other awful milestones. Wine for everyone!

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    ***warning-LO MENTIONED, not mine****

TP punch to my sister in-law who said at dinner-"since you guys haven't gotten pregnant yet come to the extended family thanksgiving so you can play with all the cute new babies". Cue long trip to the bathroom for an ugly cry :(
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to give myself a TP for getting teary eyed while watching my PVR'd episode of the voice this week. Like they are singing, who cares, but I get emotional when some people show their talent....but I will settle for a throat flick and give my TP to @cateyes543‌ and you or asshole SIL. Sorry family gathering get ruined by idiots.

************Siggy warning, LO & loss***************

Me 37 - DH 37 unexplained infertility
    DS born 09/99
    TTC since 2010
    12/11 BFP - ectopic, received methotrexate, benched 4 months 
    08/14 - exploring fertility options

Tubes clear, SA for DH all clear
    10/14- #1 IUI (femera/ovadril/progesterone), 2 follicles 22/17, post wash count 94 million BFN

10/14 - #2 IUI (Femera/ovidrel/progesterone ), 2 follies 19/20, post wash 111 million, BFN Dec 2014 Femera BFFN Taking a break to explore foster to adopt!

• Options
    ** other children mentioned ** Can I TP myself? Haha! I went Black Friday shopping with my DH, mom, and brother. We have been shopping for about 3 hours and my hip( replaced about 3 months ago) was killing me and swelling horribly. I was super nauseated and just felt rough. So I decided it was time for us to leave. My brother starts teasing me. Just like we always do, and I lose it in the middle of the store. I start crying for absolutely no reason. Yes I was hurting and not feeling well, but definitely not bad enough to warrant the breakdown. Oh to make it worse we were in line with about 6 people from my church. I am going to blame it on spending the day with too many children and my horrid hormones that have been insane lately.
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Thanks @rainbowbridge14‌. I came home and put my sweats on first thing and curled up with my heated blanket and just cried. My poor hubby just didn't know what to do, so he just sat there next to me and was so sweet. I know tomorrow will be better :)

doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    @redandblue‌ and @rainbowbridge14‌ -thanks ladies. Today has just been one of this super sucky IF days. Trying to retail therapy myself!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    Not sure if I like the idea of TPing my own mom, so...a TP to ignorance.

She voiced concerns over risks of cancer associated with the hormones I'm taking. Apparently she and my grandma were discussing this. Their sole source of information - the fact that a random friend did fertility treatments at one point. And also ended up with breast cancer, a double mastectomy, and now a poor prognosis.

I calmly shared with my mom exactly what the RE had told me (when I voiced my own concerns), that any suspected risk of cancer with the Bravelle shots I take has been shown to be correlated with the type of women who need fertility treatment, not the treatment itself. And added that increased estrogen is linked to cancer, but I'm getting it in the amounts that equate to having a few extra menstrual cycles in life.

Her response - "You really need to think about doing this. Do you want to finally have kids and then not be around for them?"

WT.., histrionic much? She recently did a master's degree in social work and I know she learned how to research, evaluate sources, and think critically about disease/risk. I finally told her that those words were ringing in my head all day, and I couldn't figure out if I was more upset from the fear-mongering or from the fact that my mom doesn't care about me enough to take the time to give real, caring advice instead of garbage because apparently any excuse she can find she thinks I should stop trying to conceive. (Anytime I mention something difficult about the process - hard to rearrange work for an appointment, or SEs, or whatever, she says, "You know, you don't have to do any of this").
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    @BunnyBerry‌ I'm sorry!! I also have researched this as I already had cancer one time and didn't want to put myself at any higher of a risk for my future. From what my oncologist, myself, and my RE found there is nothing that links the meds themselves with the cancer. Yes estrogen does cause some cancers to grow faster etc but it doesn't cause it to develop in the amount that most of the ladies here are taking. I'm sorry your mom isn't supportive :/ (((hugs)))

@BlueFairy5‌ thank you! Today I am determined to start fresh... :)

doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    @BunnyBerry‌-ouch! So sorry you are having to deal with ignorance and people worrying because 1 person had side effects. Hopefully your family will get some more accurate information and be better able to support you!
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Options
    Thanks, wow you guys understand so well!! I love this place. :)
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"