Trying to Get Pregnant

prenatal vitamin while TTC

Hello, my doc has me taking prenatal vitamins while ttc. Is anyone else taking prenatal vitamins while ttc?

Re: prenatal vitamin while TTC

• I think a good number here are - helps to build up the folic acid.  I use the Target  gummies.  I like gummies :)

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• cpeters30 said:

Hello, my doc has me taking prenatal vitamins while ttc. Is anyone else taking prenatal vitamins while ttc?

Yep
  • Loading the player...
  • I have low iron so taking this vitamin will definitely help!
  • Does it really boost your chances of conceiving?
  • cpeters30 said:

Does it really boost your chances of conceiving?

Nope
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • cpeters30 said:

No. But the vitamins are good for you. Especially if you concieve.
  • Do you ladies have any tips as to what else I should do to boost my chances of getting pregnant? I, of course keep track of my fertile days and ovulation. Exercise on the regular. Try to eat well etc.
  • cpeters30 said:

Do you ladies have any tips as to what else I should do to boost my chances of getting pregnant? I, of course keep track of my fertile days and ovulation. Exercise on the regular. Try to eat well etc.

Nope. You have a 20% chance each cycle. Good luck.
    DS#1 5/31/12
    DS#2 5/11/13
    #3 EDD 8/7/15
  • cpeters30 said:

No. But the vitamins are good for you. Especially if you concieve.
    Thanks

• pmcd886 said:

cpeters30 said:

Do you ladies have any tips as to what else I should do to boost my chances of getting pregnant? I, of course keep track of my fertile days and ovulation. Exercise on the regular. Try to eat well etc.

Nope. You have a 20% chance each cycle. Good luck.
    Thanks
  • riderchik said:

Did you read the newbie blog?

I have not...

• Most things I've read recommend taking prenatal vitamins for at least a couple of months before TTC and of course while you are TTC.  The folate helps prevent neural tube defects, not to mention having other vitamins and minerals that generally support good health.  
    Me: 33
    Him: 35
    Together since 2005, Married: 10/8/11
    TTC #1:  August 2014

• I also take gummies

My Ovulation Chart

TTC our first together <3
    Removed Mirena 11/4/14
    DD 6/27/2011
    SO's DD 5/30/2009

• I take the rainbow light horsepills. The main allure is that they contain probiotics and that saves me one pill to swallow.
    Anniversary
    Me: 27 | DH: 30
    TTC #1 since 10/14
  • +1 for Target brand gummies. And definitely read the Newbie Blog. It's very informative and should be read by all.
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm also taking the Rainbow Lite kind. It's good to get in the habit early on. They made me a little queasy for about 2 weeks but I think I'm either starting to get used to it, or I just don't notice anymore.

TTGP January Siggy Challenge:  Workout Fails

• I like the kinds that have Dhea in them. I am away from home and can't remember exactly what brand I am using but they are awesome prenatels and not too expensive either. I have heard Target brand is decent. 
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• If you really need iron, then check the ingredients in any PNV you buy. A lot don't include iron. Especially the gummies. You can supplement with a separate Fe. Unless you're confident that you are currently anemic, I wouldn't bother with it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• My doctor recommended taking them 6 months before TTC. I have been taking the Nature Made with DHA and iron.
  • I take gummies because I can't swallow pills, plus it makes me feel like I'm eating candy... I also take a separate folic acid supplement that dissolves under your tongue and vitamin D3
  • Thanks so much everyone! I've read the newbie blog and yes, i agree it's quite helpful!
  • I started with the pills a few months before TTC but they made me feel icky for some reason so I switched to the gummies and I love them!
  • I take the gummies as well. I'm more likely to take a vitamin if I don't have to pour a drink to take them with. Gummies are great if you have a habit of forgetting to take them with a meal or right before you walk out the door.
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge!
    Favorite Christmas Movie: ELF
    Our Journey
    Married, April 5th, 2014
    Adopted a furbaby, October 2014
    TTC #1 since November 2014
  • Im on Womens one a day per my doctor. She said for now the multivitamin is all I need since it does have 400mg of folate acid in on. Once pregnant I would switch.
    Married: 6/11/05- TTC #1 since October 2014

• If you really need iron, then check the ingredients in any PNV you buy. A lot don't include iron. Especially the gummies. You can supplement with a separate Fe. Unless you're confident that you are currently anemic, I wouldn't bother with it.
    This is the point I did a poor job articulating in my previous comment. Gummy vites do not have added iron, which is why they are fine for TTC and 1st tri but you really should switch or add a separate iron supplement after that. Or if you are anemic. I am assuming something about iron doesn't allow it to be in gummy form because I could never find any that had it. They are delicious though.

One of the reasons why you won't find iron in gummies is because they are delicious. You can overdose or even die from too much iron and kids like to sneak the gummies because they taste like candy. Iron in gummy form is also incompatible with omega 3s which is harder to get in your diet than iron.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Little O- 2/25/12
    BFP 2/28/14 MMC 14W2D D&C 5/07/14

• I take the one a day prenatals. Before that I took nature vitamins brand of prenatal but they made me have severe dry month. If the vitamins make you feel nauseous take them at night before bed and you should be fine.
    Me: 26 DH:28
    TTC - Sept 2014
    # 1 BFP - October 5, 2014 EDD June 5, 2015 CP - October 14, 2014

TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animal Interactions in the Snow
  • +1 for the one a day prenatals. There were a few brands that my doctor gave me that I liked because they were easy to swallow but these have been fine as well. Just make sure you take them right before or after you have eaten something.

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"