3rd Trimester

Is a membrane sweep sore?

Coming up to my due date 29th of November and not sure to get this done if im offered it. Please help ladies

Re: Is a membrane sweep sore?

• What? I've had a membrane sweep. I hated it, it hurt & I don't recommend it. It may have worked, but if I could do it over I would have passed.

Don't obsess over your due date. You could go over.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• abbyfulabbyful member
    edited November 2014
    It was uncomfortable getting and left me really crampy the rest of the day.

I did go into active labor that evening. (I was having intermittent contractions since the day before), and baby was born less than 12 hrs after the sweep. Results vary.

I was 41w2d when I had it done. I asked for it because they were having me schedule induction for a few days later.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I had it done at 40 weeks. I wouldn't do it before my due date. It wasn't pleasant but not the worst thing either. I had mild cramping that night. Went to work the next day. Labor started about 30 hours after the sweep.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Thing 1: 6/2012 Thing 2: Due 12/2014
  • I had a sweep at 40w3d it made me really crampy all day, and uncomfortable. It also didn't work, and was induced at 42 weeks.
  • I had it with my first. It was so painful. I wouldn't do it again. I went into labor 4 days later.
  • They were no big deal in my case. It was done with #2 and #4. It definitely did something with #2. That is our plan this time as well.
    G 12.04 | E 11.06 | D 11.08  | H 12.09 | R 11.14 | Expecting #6 2.16.18.

• Mine was not even a little bit painful when I had it done. No cramps, no discomfort, etc. On the other hand, I did go into labor the next day (my due date). All that said, I have no intention of having it done again until I hit my due date.

• Im only getting back onto check comments now. Thanks for all the advice ladies and reassurance I had the sweep done about 48 hours ago. It wasn't really painful just more uncomfortable midwife said baby is 3/5ths engaged and im 1 cm dilated with good soft cervix. I lost part of my mucus plug yesterday and have been very tired and emotional. Due date tomorrow so hope these are signs thigs are progressing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"