Last week I got a new toy for my sewing and I've been totally geeking out over it. I got a soldering iron, which works perfectly for cutting pieces out of fabric that usually frays. It's really for a massive costume project I'm going to be working on in the new year, but of course I had to try it out, and I decided that a 50's style dress would be the way to go! So I picked up some taffeta (1.50 a meter!) and got to work.
Now, it's not done yet, but I'm pretty proud of what I have so far. It still needs the lining to be sewed in and (obviously) the crinoline (and I think I'm going to put some boning in the waistband as well, but I'll wait and see on that). So I put it on and came downstairs to show MH. I had to tell him to stop laughing v.v;
Yes, it does look like a bad 80's prom dress right now lol
Married November 19, 2010
BFP April 18, 2014, EDD December 19
MMC diagnosed May 15, 2014, completed May 24
TTA for the foreseeable future
TTCAL December Siggy Challenge - Auto Correct Fails