Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

4 Months Old & No Soft Spot

MommaleenaMommaleena member
edited November 2014 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
So today was baby boy's 4 month shots. When the nurse was assessing him she couldn't find his soft spot...AT ALL. It's completely grown in. She seemed a bit concerned and now I'm freaking out. Is this bad??!! I'm googling shit like crazy now...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 4 Months Old & No Soft Spot

• Options
    Easier said than done and I know because I've been there, but try not to freak out.

Did the dr actually examine him?

DS had a VERY small fontanelle, which was noticed and mentioned when he was <1m old. It freaked me out and I was paranoid after that. I searched and searched and brought it up every time I saw a dr. It is the last fontanelle to close, so I was very concerned about it closing to early. I remember I kept wishing that it stayed up until his next appointment, and next appointment, and so on. I finally relaxed after his 6m well visit.

Every time we saw the dr, even though it wasn't a well visit, she checked for it. She had a really hard time finding it, but she did. I myself could never find it. DH said he could all the time, but I was never convinced. 

That being said, can you go see your pedi to discuss this if you didn't see him/her at the 4m visit? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    It was only the nurse that examined him. I'll be seeing my doc right away just to double check and make sure everything is as it should be. I think a very small fontanelle might be the case with my babe as well. His head is perfectly round and is not misshapen at all and there is a small indent on the top of his head. I'm sure that's supposed to be his soft spot. Geez, those nurses really know how to scare the living shit out of you!! Thanks so much for your reply. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does only the nurse check your baby every time? I would get a different dr if that is the case.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    TeacherVickyTeacherVicky member
    edited November 2014
    Does only the nurse check your baby every time? I would get a different dr if that is the case.
    I believe some practices have a nurse practitioner that will take care of the assessment and only have the dr come in if there are concerns that she/he cannot address. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"