September 2014 Moms
Options

Thoughts on outfits

who is planning to dress up LO for holiday/special occasions when so small or are you going to let them rock something comfy like a sleeper?

Re: Thoughts on outfits

• Options

We are bringing a nice outfit, a play outfit, and a sleeper. He will show up in his nice outfit, if we need a wardrobe change he will go in the play outfit, and if we stay past bedtime he will go in the sleeper.

This.

BabyFruit Ticker Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're doing something similar with a nice outfit and a sleep n play. If we go through the first outfit, she gets to be comfy in fleece.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    So far (Halloween and Thanksgiving) LO has worn a sleeper and a long sleeve onesie. I think I'm going to get her a Christmas dress and then maybe a sleeper or an outfit. She can wear the dress to dinner then change into the outfit or sleeper later so she's comfortable.
  • Options
    He is wearing a nice outfit and then we will bring a sleeper as well. Plus an extra outfit if something happens to his nice one.
    Finally! My September Siggy Challenge: TV Show I'll Be Binge Watching
    REVENGE!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've been getting cute / funny holiday onsies. Jack o Lantern for Halloween, "gobble til you wobble" for today. Christmas her papaw got her a dress. I take her pictures right away then if she spits up, we change her into another outfit or sleeper.
    Eliza Mae - September 16th, 2014
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have her just in a my first THanksgiving onesie and pant set and will bring just normal pajamas for later. For Christmas she will have a fancy dress, a comfy dress, and pajamas.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I have a "I'm stuffed" long sleeve onesie for today. But brought a short sleeve onesie and sleeper as well.
  • Options

I have a "I'm stuffed" long sleeve onesie for today. But brought a short sleeve onesie and sleeper as well.

I think that you and I have the same onesie. I had it from when DS was this size. Lol
  • Options

I think that you and I have the same onesie. I had it from when DS was this size. Lol
    It has a little turkey on it? And orange, red and brownish tones?

I got it from Walmart. It was an impulse by like really close to Haloween lol
  • Options
    My son wore comfy clothes expect for like 2 hours he wore a "real
    Outfit"
    I just feel so bad for him in jeans and cords... Can't possibly be comfortable! But we needed pictures- of course.
  • Options
    I had an extended family members girlfriend (who doesn't have kids and she's in her mid 30s) made a comment about how "full of crap" my diaper bag was at Thanksgiving. We were out from 9:30am to almost 10pm! So I had two extra sets of clothes, four bottles, bottled water, gas drops, burp rags, wash cloth, diapers (of course :P), as stuffed toy, wipes, and a few other things ... Yes it's a lot of a whole day out of the house! She also commented that I'm "such a typical FTM" because my bag was so full ...

Am I missing something here? Are you suppose to pack diaper bags with bare minimums? DS is 13w tomorrow ... And he's a little pig, eats a ton (and I don't BF), is messy (needs all kinds of extra clothes, heck a good day is 3 onesies) and I have to be over prepared, it's who I am. I plan for the worse case scenario.

Anyways, I tried not to be too hurt by her comment but was kind of pissed she was kind of negative about it, judgy more like it.

Are your bags packed full all the time or filled on a as needed basis depending on your day?
  • Options
    Something nice for pictures, until it gets spit up on or pooped/peed on (so about an hour tops), then a comfy outfit, then sleeper with halo sleepsack for after bedtime.
  • Options

I had an extended family members girlfriend (who doesn't have kids and she's in her mid 30s) made a comment about how "full of crap" my diaper bag was at Thanksgiving. We were out from 9:30am to almost 10pm! So I had two extra sets of clothes, four bottles, bottled water, gas drops, burp rags, wash cloth, diapers (of course :P), as stuffed toy, wipes, and a few other things ... Yes it's a lot of a whole day out of the house! She also commented that I'm "such a typical FTM" because my bag was so full ...

Am I missing something here? Are you suppose to pack diaper bags with bare minimums? DS is 13w tomorrow ... And he's a little pig, eats a ton (and I don't BF), is messy (needs all kinds of extra clothes, heck a good day is 3 onesies) and I have to be over prepared, it's who I am. I plan for the worse case scenario.

Anyways, I tried not to be too hurt by her comment but was kind of pissed she was kind of negative about it, judgy more like it.

Are your bags packed full all the time or filled on a as needed basis depending on your day?

Do not feel bad for being prepared. My family gives me crap but I rather be safe then sorry. I have a sleeper and onsie with socks and a hat in the diaper bag at all times. Along with at least 8 diapers with wipes, butt cram and baby powder, little first aid kit, nose sucker, baby nail clippers, 2 burp rags and a rattle toy and some other stuff.
  • Options
    @JanisBaby14‌ that would have been my diaper bag just leaving the house for an hour with DD bc she spit up constantly. She would soak 6 burp rags in an hour and two outfits. I also had to pack a shirt for me.
  • Options
    @JanisBaby14‌ this woman may be a jerk but I think it's pretty unfair to shame her for being childless in her mid-30s.
  • Options

@JanisBaby14‌ this woman may be a jerk but I think it's pretty unfair to shame her for being childless in her mid-30s.

Oh no I wasn't trying to shame at all. I am mid 30s with my first baby. I was just using that as a description as to why she would be commenting/judging about my diaper bag without said experience of having a baby--not a negative dig to the person by any means. I actually like her quite a bit. And do not judge anyone at any age who does not have a baby.

She just really irked me about my diaper bag experience. And then I got all defensive because I thought I was doing it wrong or no idea what I'm doing with a diaper bag.
  • Options
    I really hate carrying a lot of things around so usually i pack light for my diaper bag and then leave things in the car. Like one change of clothes and two diapers in my diaper bag and then if I'm bringing more clothes or whatever is a "just in case" thing, leave it in the car and grab it if I need to or refill my bag between stops. Just an idea.
    image        image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"