May 2014 Moms

Pregnant or trying for another?

deanna1313deanna1313 member
edited November 2014 in May 2014 Moms
My period is late and it had me thinking. How many of you are already pregnant? Trying? Or waiting?

Pregnant or trying for another? 232 votes

Already pregnant
1% 3 votes
Trying
3% 9 votes
Waiting until LO is a year old.
26% 62 votes
Waiting a few years before trying again
31% 73 votes
Done! No more kids for me!
22% 53 votes
SS
13% 32 votes

Re: Pregnant or trying for another?

• I've really been feeling like I want to try for another now.... I feel crazy. Lol. We decided to not actively try like we did for DS but to not prevent at this point. I think we will start trying for real when DS is 9 months to a year old.
  • Loading the player...
  • I put ss. I still haven't gotten my period yet, and we are definitely not being careful. So I guess I'm in the NTNP club. I always thought I'd want to wait until she was one, but if we found out I was pregnant tomorrow, we'd be thrilled.
    BFP#1 8/3/12~EDD 4/1/13~Natural M/C 9/1/12-9w6d 
    BFP#2 5/30/13~EDD 2/3/14~Confirmed CP 5/31/13
    7/12/13 Hysteroscopy & Lap Lysis of Adhesions
    1st Cycle on Clomid Aug '13: BFP#3 8/24/13~EDD 5/3/14
    Hoping Third Time's a Charm!!- IT'S A GIRL!!!! 
    KAYLIE MARIE IS HERE! BORN 5/4/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie - (nUwf)

All AL-ers welcome in my posts! <3
  • JKBMA2014 said:

Voted ss. My ttc journey depends on dds behavior each day. Some days I scream "no more!" And then some days I'm thinking we will try again within the next year. Deep down I know we will have another, but not even I know when! Taking it day by day

This.
  • Junebug060609Junebug060609 member
    edited November 2014
    Done. Done. Done.

For so many reasons: I'm AMA, every odd numbered pregnancy I've had has ended in m/c and the next one would be #5, my son has SNs and any subsequent children are at increased risk of the same/similar, finances, we'd have to get a new car, I'm stretched so thin right now emotionally and physically, not to mention 3rd tri is a bear for me (pre-e with DS, GD with DD). I could keep going. The writing is clearly on the wall. Very thankful for the two happy and healthy kids we have here in our arms.

ETA: Got Mirena in earlier this month

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Waiting til lo is around 18 m...,that's the recommendation of ob/midwife wait to conceive after a c section. We are hoping the babes will be around 2 years a part as is so this works out

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I get my Mirena out in April and we will ntnp for a month after that.
  • JKBMA2014 said:

Voted ss. My ttc journey depends on dds behavior each day. Some days I scream "no more!" And then some days I'm thinking we will try again within the next year. Deep down I know we will have another, but not even I know when! Taking it day by day

This! My husband is dead set on no more and it makes me sad but I hope he will change his mind when she gets a little older.

• We are hoping for more but with PCOS its hard to say. So we are going to try to wait for at least a year.

Hbird05 My husband was the same way, now that LO is a bit older you can't pry them apart. He has already been talking about when we have another one. Good luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @ladywolf1313‌ thanks! That makes me feel better :)

• yepyepsmsyepyepsms member
    edited November 2014
    SS: I think we are done, but there is a small part of me that still thinks "oh maybe one more". If it were up to DH we would have 5. We have two so far:)

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I voted wait until she is 1 but we may try earlier in the spring
  • Current plan is to start trying for another next fall but I'm starting to think about pushing that back a bit.
  • Just had nexplanon inserted, so we'll be waiting a couple of years, sometime in 2017 I'm thinking. The fourth child will be dependent on how good #3 is.

T 2.12 | W 5.14

• I put we are done but I would be ok with a 3rd. DH is done with two... Really he was good with just 1 so im lucky for our two now!
  • I go back and forth all the time.

About 75% of the time I'm done. I like life with my 2 men. 25% I feel I should have another but for reasons that appease others. Not myself. Or its just want you do.

• I voted SS because I haven't had my period return yet and we are NTNP. We would be thrilled with a BFP tomorrow.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • My girls are 19.5 months apart (we were trying for them close). I really like the age difference, but it is harder than I expected. I initially thought we would try to have #3 when DD2 would be around 2 years old, but I'm thinking now that I would prefer to have #3 when DD1 is almost 5 and DD2 is 3. Then I can (hopefully) have DD2 potty-trained and she will be more self-sufficient. I have PCOS though, so it's all kind of a gamble if I can get pregnant easily when I decide to try.

• Done. Husband had a vasectomy in October. He would have been okay with three but I am very happy with our two. Not to mention I will be 39 in a few weeks, so we'd have to move fast and we couldnt afford three in daycare at once.
  • @Chevygrrl91‌ DH is not the best with babies but he is awesome with our toddler. Everytime he has the baby by himself he always tells me when I get home that babies need their mommies.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @bridetobe9132013‌ No. I'm in complete denial and afraid to test. I'd love another baby, but this PPD scares me to death. I'm so afraid that I might have it again and it really scares me to not be 100% recovered before getting pregnant again.
    Hoping there wasn't a mishap with the condom!!! Lol
  • JKBMA2014 said:

Replace DD with DH and that's pretty much my situation. He still says he wants 2or 3 but on the other hand seems really unhappywith how much of my time baby-care takes and is often a jerk about that.So... we'll see. Except that I'll be 40 in a month so I don't have too much time left to try to have the sibling I hope DD will have.
    Me: 39  DH: 44  together since 2000 married 9/2004 TTC #1 since 2/2012
    BFP #1 6/5/2012  m/c 6/15/2012 about 5w3d   BFP #2 6/?/2013 m/c 7/1/2013 5w 3d
    BFP #3 8/25/2013  EDD 5/7/2014    DD A. born 5/8/2014!!  Love!!!!
  • I'm glad that some said they would also foster or foster to adopt. It's something we want to do too when we're finished making babies, or sooner.

Isabella & Julian & and now #3!
  • If I still had a uterus we would probably be trying for #3 in a year or two. But instead we're 2 and done. I'd like to foster when our girls are a bit older but, unfortunately, I don't think DH will go for it.
  • No no no no nooooooooooooo

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• We decided we were done a couple months ago for various reasons but then a couple weeks ago DH said he wouldn't mind a second, but it's up to me since I'd be the one pregnant. Being pregnant again doesn't scare me but having a toddler plus a newborn does. And I wouldn't want to wait too long since I'm already 37. Plus idk how we'd afford 2 in DC. So who knows...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We are 99% done. We were pretty sure we were done even before DS was born, but DD's difficult adjustment to her role as a sibling has made it even more likely. Still not confident enough to make any permanent decisions.
    BFP#1 11-26-10 MMC 1-13-11
    BFP#2 6-8-11 Eleanor Beatrice born 2-15-12
    BFP#3 9-4-13 Benjamin Lee born 4-28-14

• @bridetobe9132013‌ No. I'm in complete denial and afraid to test. I'd love another baby, but this PPD scares me to death. I'm so afraid that I might have it again and it really scares me to not be 100% recovered before getting pregnant again. Hoping there wasn't a mishap with the condom!!! Lol

Right? I was a MESS during my pregnancy. I was mood swings Magee! I feel like with the stress of a new baby combined with pregnancy it would put a damper on my marriage.

It's a BOY

• @JKBMA2014‌ do you have PPD?
    my pregnancy was fabulous! I had no mood issues at all. I feel like I will be waiting on pins and needles to see if I end up with PPD again and would definitely like to be recovered from this bout first. Still haven't tested. Lol
  • @deanna1313‌ you should test so if its negative you can relax :)
  • @bridetobe9132013‌ @kat8805‌ haha! I know I'm nuts. The funny thing is I'm not even worried. Once in a while it crosses my mind and I think "uh-oh!" Don't get me wrong. I'd be worried if I find out I am.
    No, stopped breastfeeding a couple months ago and have had AF sine September :-S
  • @kat8805 thank you for the laugh :)
  • I have drinks occasionally so I would want to know :)
  • @bridetobe9132013‌ I hear you!!! I haven't had a drink since being late, but I'm sure I'll be tempted soon.
    I'm gonna run out and buy a test today. I just really thought it would be a little late, but was coming. We'll see!
  • What does your DH think about it @deanna1313?
  • Im planning to start ttc in May so if I got pregnant now, I wouldn't be devastated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"