July 2013 Moms
Options

how many words?

How many words is LO saying these days??

Re: how many words?

• Options
    Clyde013Clyde013 member
    edited November 2014
    Too many to count. She's saying 2-3 word phrases like "all done" "byebye mama" etc

Oh but she didn't start walking until a couple of weeks ago.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    We've got about 25, plus a few animal noises and two-word phrases. It is crazy, he learns new words almost every day!
  • Options
    None but his receptive language is starting to develop slowly. He is still a very frustrated 16 month old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Mama, Dada, Max (our dog), Lila (my parents dog), duck, flower, llama, no, yeah, hot, quack, Doc, Elsa, Anna, Olaf (yup, I have a Disney kid, lol), mine, down, ah-boom (he falls a lot), uh-oh, RaRa (big sis Corrine), water, moon and probably a few others that I'm forgetting, plus some animal sounds like neigh, moo, meow, quack and arf. 

He also has a big sister that NEVER shuts up, which I think has helped his vocabulary. Corri did not have anywhere near this many words at 16 months. 
  • Options
    We have dada, but everything is dada to her.  She can sign milk. 
  • Options
    Too many to count, but I'd estimate between 80-100. He's saying phrases now, and occasionally actually says mama.

But, He has started saying no when he means yes. Including shaking his head. It's weird and frustrating for us both.
    Married 6/18/11
    BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
    BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
    BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Too many to count. She tries to repeat everything we say. No 2 word phrases, but she did point to her diaper the other day and say mama, poop. Her receptive language is really good too. She can follow most one step directions. She also just started calling me mommy and DH daddy instead of mama and dada.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One: mama. Otherwise not a peep except for the occasionally freak out. I caught him saying "hello" into the play phone.

So I guess two... Le sigh. Speech therapy is on our docket for 18 months. We are working on animal sounds & beverage/food sounds. Sign language is a frustration because he wants to talk. Argh.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    He doesn't say any real words yet.
  • Options
    30-40 but a non parent would only understand about five of them. My current favorite is "rapbay" for raspberry.
  • Options
    There are some that are clear: Mama, Dada, hi, kitty, bye bye, cheese, keys, no no, bottle

Then some only mom and dad (and grammy) can decipher: dog, Batman, Elmo, bath

And some names, but they aren't very clear: Brooke, Bri, Grandpa, Grammy

I know I'm missing some but those are the main ones.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    it seems like we get a new word every couple days.... Mom, mommy, dad, daddy, owl, bock bock (for chicken), beep, whoa, wow, uh-oh, hi, bye, baby, shoe.... I'm missing several. These are the most used ones.
  • Options
    I think over 100.
  • Options
    24 unless I'm forgetting some
  • Options
    A few. Like some of you said - I think some are only known by me and MIL (since she watches her every day)

Hi, mama, dada, dog (da). There's a few words I think I've heard her say but it's not consistent.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi, bye, mama, dada, kitty, kissy, papa, water, ball, whoa, uh oh, nana, ni-night, Ta (aunt Tehya), book. Thats all I can think of right now.

image image

BFP: 12/01/2012      EDD: 07/26/2013    Birthday: 07/25/2013 

• Options
    Too many to count. She's like a parrot and repeats everything we say. But it takes a couple of days of repetition for her to associate the new word with what it really is. If that makes sense. Her new words this week are airplane, turkey, blanket, mouse, and bless you (when we sneeze).
  • Options
    Mamasighs said:

Too many to count, but some are intelligible. Some two word phrases. Lately she gets her shoes and her coat before school and says "oush! Shuz! Go!" While trying to open the door.

Mostly though it's "NO!" With a vigorous head shake.

This is us, too. Her favorites right now are "mine!" and, while nursing, "other side!"
  • Options
    Momma, dadda, dog, duck, quack, book, apple, bababa (banana), santa, this, that, tractor, raspberry, hi, bye, thank you and some others that I have forgotten.
    Like others have said, sometimes you wouldn't know that it was a word unless you are me.
  • Options
    Too many to count here as well, with lots of two word phrases. "Where's daddy?" is popular right now since he started working early again....

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We are up to 4 words now- mama, dada, thank you and go. It's exciting in our household even though some of her J13 buddies are in the 100s! Don't they just have the cutest little voices? I can't wait to hear the silly stuff that will come out of her mouth when she really gets going!

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

• Options
    He babbles so much, but he only says a few words. He says mama, dada, baby, dit (my grandma), Gigi (my mom), bye, no, yes, and cat. 

He does like to sing songs. If you start to sing Old McDonald, he will finish and say "EIEIO"
    He also likes to sing "bye bye babies", which is from our baby play group.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"