Pregnant after a Loss

Movement after 30 weeks..

Please help talk me down..

I know it's perfectly normal for babies to slow down as we near the end of pregnancy. And it's not like I'm not feeling him regularly... And I know I can go to L&D any time for an NST (my doctor strongly advises that over stressing)... And I have my doppler at hand to listen whenever I want..
So, I trust he's okay in there.. BUT I still can't help but feel frustrated with worry because I'm not feeling the jumping jacks I was feeling for so long.

What's your experience with movement after 30 weeks?

:S

Re: Movement after 30 weeks..

• Thanks @mmheartspb‌ ..that's reassuring. I keep reminding myself that his heart rate is great, and of course now that I've posted this he's giving me some good strong kicks to the ribs ..hah!

:) Oliver and Olivia :)
  • I've been there! I think my baby is not a very active one to begin with. Before, I was definitely feeling harder jabs/kicks or whatever they were, could see m stomach jump in a more definite manner. Once 30+ weeks hit, I feel more twisty motions, for lack of better wording, and not those jabs. I also equate the actual impact like how it would feel to have a goldfish in a bag and you feel it bump on the sides. My ob and NP assured me this happens as baby grows and has less room. Definitely does NOT help with PgAL, but I'm try to tell myself it's normal!

~ES~

~*~EVERYONE always welcome!!~*~
    TTC #1 since October 2012
    BFP #1 11/22/12 EDD 7/29/13 MMC 1/14/13, D&C 1/16/13
    BFP #2 5/7/13 EDD 1/14/2014 Ectopic discovered 5/21/13, lost left tube
    Referred to RE, blood work done August 2013, AMH 0.27, all else normal, HSG clear
    BFP #3 12/1/13 EDD 8/8/14, MC 12/24/13
    January 2014: RE #2, blood work repeated, homozygous MTHFR c677t, SHG clear
    BFP #4 4/7/14 EDD 12/15/14 Our rainbow was born 12/6/14 at 4:26pm! <3 

• Loading the player...
  • dragonfly1809dragonfly1809 member
    edited November 2014
    I love the goldfish in a bag analogy @Eliz77 :)

Thanks ;)
  • Mine doesn't feel as much like kicks as jerks and shifting now. I think they are getting cramped in there.my lo is also head down. I also was told they sleep more to gain weight and up to 45-55 mins at a time! Hope that makes you feel better! Thinking of you!
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • Thanks @Samuelismomma ..that does help. The sleeping more makes sense.

Of course after being quiet all night, he's been wiggling up a storm in there since I posted.
    This kid is going to keep me on my toes! :D
  • I think I have a stinker too! Glad you feel better...
    ***ticker warning*** DS 3/27/12 born 6 weeks early....my perfect boy !! Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers [url=http://lilypie.com][img]http://lb1f.lilypie.com/z5R8p1.png[/img][/url] image<a href="http://www.thebump.com/?
  • I agree with the goldfish in a bag analogy! Movement has totally and completely changed for me since 30 weeks - more of limbs sticking out and feeling weird over jumping jacks. I freaked out too at first!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • It definitely changes the further you get into pregnancy...also once baby starts to drop into position, movement will change as well. They have less space and once they are lower that will change movements and how we feel them. Keep up with kick counts though, those are important because babies do still move up until delivery.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• taberbtbtaberbtb member
    edited November 2014
    I have also noticed a change in movement. As PP's have said it feels more like shifting now instead of kicks and jabs, with the exception of a foot poking out the side every now and then (LO is lying transverse). The past week I actually can no longer lie on my right side at nights because her little feet poke out and move enough that it is too painful to sleep.

ETA: About once every other day I feel this whole shaking of my belly. The only thing I can think to compare it to is a dog shaking themselves dry after they come out of the water. Anybody else experience this or is baby girl just weird?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Anniversary

TTC Since 04/01/13 

BFP #1 04/28/13 Its twins! EDD 01/08/2014 MMC confirmed 06/27/13 D&C 07/17/13

BFP#2 05/19/14 EDD 01/30/2015 Please be our rainbow!

My Ovulation Chart

*~*~* All AL Welcome*~*~*

• taberbtb said:

I have also noticed a change in movement. As PP's have said it feels more like shifting now instead of kicks and jabs, with the exception of a foot poking out the side every now and then (LO is lying transverse). The past week I actually can no longer lie on my right side at nights because her little feet poke out and move enough that it is too painful to sleep.

ETA: About once every other day I feel this whole shaking of my belly. The only thing I can think to compare it to is a dog shaking themselves dry after they come out of the water. Anybody else experience this or is baby girl just weird?

@taberbtb‌ I experienced the shaking, it freaked me out at first. I'm still not sure what it was, but others suggested it was LO moving the cord. *shrug* I described it as a dog fast&promptly wagging their tail.

I was in the same camp as @Hawkward‌ - LO would have active days, then calm days. I chalked it up to him wearing himself out on the active days!

BFP#4 3/17/14 - rainbow Baby BOY arrived 11/10/14 !!

DX: Uterine Septum - Resection 9/5/13 || MTHFR Hetero A1298C || My Chart

image    image

• I don't have any advice but being 27 weeks this is EXTREMELY helpful for me to know and anticipate. Thank you for posting this because I would have been freaked out if my little marathon runner just stopped.
    Married the love of my life June 18, 2011 -- Me (28) DH (29)
    TTC #1 since June 2012
    BFP #1 6.29.12 EDD 3.12.13 MMC discovered 8.11.12 9w5d D&C 8.15.12
    BFP #2 11.2.12 EDD 7.14.13 MMC 6w5d discovered 8w6d 2 failed rounds miso D&C 12.27.12
    BFP #3 8.5.13 EDD 4.18.14 MMC 7w4d discovered 9.25.13 at 10w6d -Trisomy 13- 1 round miso & emergency D&C 10.2.13
    RPL Testing. DX Asherman's November 2013. Low AMH (0.44) January 2014. 
    Operative Hysteroscopy January 2014 to remove scar tissue.
    BFP#4 6.18.14 EDD 3.3.15 Team Pink
    --AL always welcome--
  • @taberbtb‌ I've experienced the shaking also!!! I have no idea what that's all about!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1 10/5/13 MMC 11/13/13 D&C 11/15/13
    BFP #2 5/14/14 EDD 1/19/15 Beta 1: 728 Beta 2: 1858 We have a heartbeat! 166 @ 7w3d  Please be our RAINBOW!
    Baby G is a BOY!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"