August 2012 Moms
Options

Gift Ideas

ccamccam member
edited November 2014 in August 2012 Moms

What's on your LO's Christmas/holiday list for this year?  I know it's sort of far out, but just curious what everyone is thinking.  Besides a few little things for DS, I'm sort of lost on what to get him!  Or maybe this is the furthest thing from your mind right now!

I'm trying to do some shopping ahead of time since I'm due with #2 on the 24th.  So far I bought some books, puzzles, a few clothes, PJs & slippers, new sneakers and a Mr. Potato Head set. 

ETA:  I'm already getting questions from family about what to get him for Christmas, too!  I suggested a snow suit and boots to my mother, which she already picked up.

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Re: Gift Ideas

• Options

we're kind of stumped as well. we don't want DS to be too overloaded with toys and we'd prefer to get him active/movement/sports-related toys or art supplies.

we definitely want to get him one of those play rugs with the roads on it, since he really likes to drive his hot wheels around. I was also thinking of getting him an easel. ikea has an inexpensive one (also an inexpensive play rug). we'll also get him some books, and little stocking stuffers.

I'm interested to hear others' ideas.

• Options
    I got the Radio Flyer Blaze interactive riding horse as her big gift from Santa. Sorry to not post a link but I'm lazy. Also got various Little People sets, bath toys and bath paint set as she's going through bath hate currently and I'm hoping to ease that. I ordered old school Color Forms from Amazon because she played with those at my boss's house and loved them. She's obsessed with Peppa Pig, so I got her the school house and figures. I also bought her a more advanced cash register than the one she has because she loves ringing up the groceries that came with her shopping cart and bagging them. And a Velcro food set with a plastic knife so she can "cut" food. Books, slippers, bath foam, fruit and Hershey's kisses will be stocking stuffers. That's all I can remember offhand, but more things keep arriving that I forgot I ordered. As you can tell, I'm a little excited about this Christmas and I've already got an advent calendar and Elf on the Shelf ready for December. Having a kid(s) makes it so much more fun.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is getting a kitchen from Santa. Then I got her a mermaid barbie and a Frozen fleece blanket and pillow set. Then for her stocking we got the bath fizzes that turn the water colors and picking up Monsters University.

She is still young enough she doesn't need much more than that. Plus she will get things from her grandparents and aunts and uncles.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Baby dolls ... She loves loves them all Big girl bedding Nice outfit A few new books Some stocking stuffers
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm thinking about a mini trampoline with a handle for DD's big present.
  • Options
    What we have for DS's presents:
    Kindle Fire kids edition
    Play grill set
    Ball pit
    Hot Wheels cars (he already has tons, but loves them)
    Books

Ideas we're giving others:
    Art easle
    Mr. Potato Head
    Giant stuffed bear
    DVDs
    Remote control car
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We will be getting DD a new portable DVD player for the car. The one we bought last year is broken because the battery exploded and its not in warranty anymore...grrr

We are going to get her a game for her leap pad, an activity book, pjs, a Barbie, and a Disney DVD to start her collection. Sports stuff is traditionally given at Easter in our family, so ill save the balls and jump ropes and such for then.

DD Born August 16, 2012
    DS Due April 27, 2015
  • Options
    We are getting DS an easel from Ikea and art supplies, a toy helicopter, possibly a wheely bug (he loved it at a friends house), and I'm not sure what else.

My parents are getting him a leapfrog. I also put a tricycle and sandbox on his wish list.

#2 BFP 8/23/14, EDD 5/1/15, M/C 9/17/14 - Forever in our hearts <3

• Options
    SJandVASJandVA member
    edited November 2014
    Both girls are getting new play kitchen stuff. We've had our kitchen since 2009 so we need to up grade our accessories. Maybe a play tent. 
    Train tracks for her train
     A toddler singing Elsa doll. 
    Play dough 
     Magic Kingdom little people play set
    victoria5month samantha5
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"