September 2014 Moms

What's the trick...

To putting baby down without waking him up?! I suck. He wakes up everytime No matter where I try to put him down. DH can do it no problem. Even my grandma can do it and she can barely bend over. I hold him close and bend down with him but the second I walk away he's up and crying. Wth.

TTC since 2.11
BFP #1: 3.15.11- c/p
MTHFR Dx 6.13-Rx- folate and B12
BFP #2: 11.9.13 -m/c Trisomy 4
BFP #3 1.18.14 EDD 9.27.2014

Re: What's the trick...

• JanisBaby14JanisBaby14 member
    edited November 2014
    I put an article of my clothing (tank top, light shirt) in DS RnP so he can still smell my scent. I honestly don't know if it helps but he will stay asleep once I put him in it after falling asleep in my arms. It might be a comfort thing.

Edited to add: he might not be as use to your DH and others and find comfort in your scent.

Oh and I started doing this the week of my gallbladder surgery when DS was four weeks old because I couldn't pick him up for five days it took to get through the pain.
  • I'm not sure where you're putting LO down, but my LO will stay asleep for a while if the RnP or bassinet is set to vibrate BEFORE I put her in. If I put her in and then turn it on, she wakes up.
  • Loading the player...
  • I also struggle in getting LO to nap during the day when I put her down. Hell, she wakes up within 5-10 minutes after I unlatch her. The swing is the only thing that's doing it, as long she's cranky/tired to begin with.

• I don't know - I can't do it. DH seems to be the only one that can. Fortunately, LO soothes himself back to sleep immediately.

• During the day it's almost always a fail at putting DS down when he's sleeping. But I have had the best results with having him swaddled before he passes out to limit the amount of moving him once he's asleep. Also propping his head up a little during naps seems to help. And I always try to put his head down on the same side he was against me so it's not a sudden temperature change against his face.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • White noise has helped me. The sleep sheep is amazing! We use an app on the phone while we rock her then turn the sleep sheep on once we put her in the crib. We have her sleep in a halo sleep sack, arms in.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I also make sure we have the white noise going before I lay her down. I also make sure I'm holding her in the same direction that she is going to be laying down so I'm not trying to flip her around. Whenever I forget to do that it is a lost cause.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have this problem when trying to put LO down in the bassinet. She will sleep in the swing and the bouncer just fine, but if you try the bassinet or the crib....forget it. She wakes right up. When I do put her down though, I try to make sure that she is completely out.
  • Is it a warm temp for LO? With my DS he wakes up cuz he missed our body heat so I put a blankie on him or turn up the heat just a tish and that works a lot of the time.
  • I use to have to put the vacuum in the hallway and turn it on..it worked now I can just lay him down and he will go back to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"