1st Trimester

Holiday Announcements

edited November 2014 in 1st Trimester

*I searched and didn't see another post like this so if I missed it, I apologize*

Is anyone planning on announcing their pregnancy at Thanksgiving or Christmas? Do you have a cute idea or just are you just going to tell everyone?!

I am hoping for a BFP before Christmas so we could do something Christmas related to announce! (I know, totally counting my chickens here lol just wishful thinking!)

ETA: I'm not looking for ideas for myself, I'm simply asking if anyone plans to announce at holiday parties and if they have cute ideas to do so :)

My Ovulation Chart

TTC our first together <3
Removed Mirena 11/4/14
DD 6/27/2011
SO's DD 5/30/2009

Re: Holiday Announcements

• We just got our BFP on Sunday so I'm afraid we're planning too soon BUT...we are planning to tell our families for Christmas. We celebrate with his family on Christmas Eve and mine the next day. 

We are going to give both sets of parents a frame that says "#1 Grandparents" or something (need to find frames still) with a message saying "Baby (last name), Expected August 2015" in the frame. 

This is all assuming I can wait 4 more weeks to tell my mom!
  • We are announcing at Thanksgiving. We both got shirts to wear. :)
  • Loading the player...
  •     *I searched and didn't see another post like this so if I missed it, I apologize*

Is anyone planning on announcing their pregnancy at Thanksgiving or Christmas? Do you have a cute idea or just are you just going to tell everyone?!

I am hoping for a BFP before Christmas so we could do something Christmas related to announce! (I know, totally counting my chickens here lol just wishful thinking!)

I would really, really wait to find ideas until after you have your BFP. It can take months before your body will return to "normal" after Mirena. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, just trying to give you some realistic advice. You just had your IUD removed three weeks ago... Thanksgiving is in 2 days, and Christmas is one month away. I just don't think it's smart to get your hopes up.

ETA: Sorry, I can't count weeks. Fixed that.

Oh, I'm not looking for ideas I was just curious to hear other people's ideas :D I know my chances of getting a BFP before Christmas

My Ovulation Chart

Removed Mirena 11/4/14
    DD 6/27/2011
    SO's DD 5/30/2009

• i think were going to give our parents onesies that say grandma/ grandpa loves me.. can't wait to see their faces when they figure it out :)
  • abrook02 said:
    i think were going to give our parents onesies that say grandma/ grandpa loves me.. can't wait to see their faces when they figure it out :)
    So cute! :) I can't wait to see reactions too...I'm sure there will be a lot of tears!
  • We are telling DH's immediate family over Thanksgiving, we already told my family over the phone because we won't see them.  We had a small cake made from our favorite bakery that reads, "To my grandparents to be, see you July 22" it is decorated with 3 balloons purple and blue for our first two and green for our third. We have to wait until the kids go to bed though because we aren't going to tell them until after we hear the heartbeat.  My first appointment is 12/24 so if all goes well, we are going to wrap up a 'big sister' and 'big brother' book and give it to our LOs on Christmas Eve. 
  • JGERWERT said:
    We are announcing at Thanksgiving. We both got shirts to wear. :)

What do the shirts say?!

My Ovulation Chart

Removed Mirena 11/4/14
    DD 6/27/2011
    SO's DD 5/30/2009

• Love the cake idea!! I'll be 8 weeks on the nose on Thanksgiving Day so I was planning to announce at Thanksgiving dinner. We always go around the table before eating to say what we are thankful for. I was going to say that I was thankful for making it to 8 weeks so I could share the news with my family. Unfortunately, my DH spilled the beans to his whole family last week (he was just too excited.) News spreads fast in our families so everyone knows now. I still want to do something fun though to celebrate! However at the rate I am going (severe MS...all day, nausea from every smell, extreme fatigue) I don't think I will even be able smell thanksgiving dinner let alone eat it and watch everyone else eat it. We still haven't told friends, might wait til 12 weeks for that...so perhaps a Christmas announcement to friends?? I'm not very creative but love everyone's ideas :)
  • RayRayy86 said:
    Love the cake idea!! I'll be 8 weeks on the nose on Thanksgiving Day so I was planning to announce at Thanksgiving dinner. We always go around the table before eating to say what we are thankful for. I was going to say that I was thankful for making it to 8 weeks so I could share the news with my family. Unfortunately, my DH spilled the beans to his whole family last week (he was just too excited.) News spreads fast in our families so everyone knows now. I still want to do something fun though to celebrate! However at the rate I am going (severe MS...all day, nausea from every smell, extreme fatigue) I don't think I will even be able smell thanksgiving dinner let alone eat it and watch everyone else eat it. We still haven't told friends, might wait til 12 weeks for that...so perhaps a Christmas announcement to friends?? I'm not very creative but love everyone's ideas :)
    I remember seeing a cute idea on here once, where MTB told her family she wanted to take a group picture then her husband said, "Everyone smile and say, "MTB is pregnant!" The picture was priceless to see the looks of surprise on everyone's faces. 
  • We are celebrating Christmas with my family. My parents already know but I am going to put a big brother shirt on my dog and see how long it takes for people to figure it out.
  • frig05frig05 member
    edited November 2014
    We already told DH immediately family since we are going to Disney World Saturday with FIL and he will wonder why I'm not riding rides. I want to tell my family when they are celebrating Christmas. My brother will be out of town so they are celebrating Dec 13. They live in another state. I'm going to send onesies with "My ___loves me" that say Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle. I'm hoping to be able FaceTime so I can see them open them. I'll only be 8weeks but it's already killing me to not be able to talk to my mom about everything.
  • I'm telling my mom on Christmas day. We live far apart so it will be over the phone. I wish I could be with her in person but it just didn't work out this year. Anyway, I think she has resigned herself to the idea of us not having kids and she will be totally shocked! I can't wait!

Unfortunately for her she will have to keep it a secret because we're not telling anyone else until 12 weeks (in January).
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @JuneBugMommy627‌ My shirt says " I'm eating Turkey for two" and his says " she's eating for two, I'm drinking for three " lol! I got them on cafepress.com they have super cute ones!
  • When I was pregnant with my DS, we announced at Christmas. For DHs parents, we got mugs that said grandma and grandpa. For my family, we gave everyone a little box with a baby thing and a note. Example: my mom got a binkie with a note " dear grandma, please keep this at your house for when I come to visit and mommy forgets one. I can't wait to meet you! Love, Baby B" My dad got safety outlet plugs, my brother got a ball so they could play, etc. it was fun!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our families already know, but DH and I usually send "Happy Thanksgiving" texts to our friends (we're not big facebook people)  This year they'll say "Happy Thanksgiving from Blu, Mr. Blu, LBB, and our newest little turkey coming June 2015."
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having DD tell DH's parents at Thankskgiving. She is very excited to have a job to do and I think the grandparents will love hearing sweet little DD say, "I'm going to be a big sister!" We told my parents right after the BFP because I won't see them til late January and needed my mom's prayers and support. (1st tri is never fun for me.)

For my grandmother we sent her a homemade Thanksgiving card where we made a mama turkey with my handprint and two baby turkeys with DD's handprint. We labeled one of the babies "DD" and the other "Baby due July 19." We will follow up with a Thanskgiving call (if she doesn't call first upon receiving it and figuring it out!).

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm thinking of announcing it in my Christmas card this year.  The immediate family already knows, but I most likely won't see extended family or friends for the holidays, so this is the easiest way to get the news out without being bombarded with questions right away.
  • If you do Christmas time, I saw these super cute frames out shopping today and there are imprint of like a cartoon girl with a baby bump and you stick a photo of the sonogram in and t shows in the baby bump. That's a really bad explanation but it was cute and if we hadn't already gotten shirts I would have bought those frames to wrap And give as gifts to announce!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"