Pregnant after IF
Options

Do you worry about the number on your doppler? (High number this morning)

ladyteach0505ladyteach0505 member
edited November 2014 in Pregnant after IF
I know this sounds like a stupid question, but usually I can't get a number to read on my Sonoline. Today I had it on for less than a minute for my biweekly listen (I'm a spaz about using it too much) and it jumped to 168--- which is so much higher than anything I've ever picked up at home. I'm almost 18w. (The only time it was higher was our 8w at 182--- which seriously could have been because I was such a nervous wreck that morning.) I'm still a nervous wreck and so I just suppose I'm wondering if a heart rate that high can be a problem. For what it's worth, I had a glass of OJ about 30 minutes before, but I suppose that seems kind of like a small thing to lead to a higher BPM.

Re: Do you worry about the number on your doppler? (High number this morning)

• Options
    gsanchogsancho member
    edited November 2014
    That number jumps all over the place.  I don't even look at it half the time.  I'm as far along as you and the numbers I've seen lately when we are picking up the HB range from 115 to 160.

ETA: I should note that by "that number" I mean the doppler reading, not the actual HB.  I've always heard to not fret about the reading itself, just to listen.  I wouldn't call you OB unless you are super concerned.  It sounds like a normal reading to me.

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • Options
    This is one of the many reasons I don't have my own doppler.  I'm afraid it would create more questions than answers.

I guess the first question would be, what is the normal HB for your baby?  I believe a normal range at 18 weeks is between 120-160 - that's a pretty broad range, and you're not far off.

I know with my personal BP, I've had a morning reading with a systolic of 100, and then gotten a reading of 124 that same afternoon.  BP and HR can change with nerves, after physical exertion, and maybe even after having a sugary drink (I'm looking at you, OJ).

See if you can sit still and relax for 20 minutes, and try it again.  If you are concerned, call your doctor.  It's always best to get your advice from a medical professional.

*** Ticker Warning ***

Me: 37, DH: 39, TTC 5 yrs

2013 summary: Diagnosed with Hypothyroid; Cervical polyp removed (benign); 
    2 rounds ovidrel with timed intercourse (no result): 3 rounds IUI with clomid + ovidrel (no result)
    2014 summary (to date):
    IVF cycle 1 - ER: 4/17 (28 follicles, 3 fertilized, 2 survived to day 3);
    ET: 4/20 (3rd day, 2 embryos - 1 @ 6 cells & 1 @ 4 cells); Beta 5/1 - BFP!; 
    1st scan 5/13 - development behind, no heartbeat detected; D&C 6/2; WTF 6/13
    IVF cycle 2 - BCP begun 7/12; stims w/ HGH begun 7/26; 
    ER: 8/6, 12 follicles, 7 fertilized w/ ICSI; ET: 8/11, 3 blastocysts left, 2 transferred, 3rd arrested 8/12 - none to freeze :'(
    1st beta 8/19 - BFP! 294; 2nd beta 8/26 - 4976; 1st u/s 9/2; 2nd u/s 9/9 - two little heartbeats at 140 each!!! 
    EDD: 29-April-2015
    Other Meds: Synthroid 100 mcg/daily

imageimageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    When the baby is active, his or her little heartbeat goes up. That's a good thing! If it stays that high, I'd call the doctor to check it out. Usually it's just a bad reading from home equipment, but I have learned if it puts your mind at ease, give them a call.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Options
    I don't have a doppler at home, but I'm 25 weeks and at my appt with my OB last week baby boy's heartbeat was in the 150's-160's and has been the last few appointments.

MC Sept '10, MC Dec '10, DS born 2012

Clomid + TI = BFP #1 March '13, MC April '13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #1 = BFP #2 10/21/13, MC 10/31/13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #2 = BFP #3 1/16/14, ectopic w/ heartbeat & rt salpingectomy 1/29/14

IVF #1 - ER 5/9/14 transfer cx'd due to high P4

FET #1 -  6/26/14 transferred 1 AA blast BFP!! Beta #1 13dp5dt - 1548 Beta #2 15dp5dt - 2748 Beta #3 18dp5dt - 7586

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Saif response

With that number I wouldn't be worried. Dd does have a heart condition that they said had she been born full term it could have been diagnosed in the womb. She has an issue that causes a fast heart beat.

I'm supposed to bring her in if its over 200 BPM. So I'd say you are fine at 168. The heart condition doesn't usually develop till around 35 wks so don't worrk your LO is fine. If take it again in a few hours.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"