Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie introduction

pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
edited November 2014 in Trying to Get Pregnant
Hey everyone, I already introduced myself on the 3T board, but I have a feeling I will spend time on both boards. If you saw my intro already, hi again.
Anyway, My name is Ellie and I'm a 25 year old PCOSer. My DH and I have been trying for a baby for almost 4 long years now, but I finally have an RE so I am optomistic.
A little about my journey: (the short version) I stupidly assumed that an OBGYN would be much cheaper and more reasonable to go see. He gave me clomid without a glance back for several months (I was O'ing but no cigar as far as pregnancy goes) and when I finally got smart and went and saw an RE my lining had thinned almost to nothingness. Please, please, PLEASE if you have to do infertility treatment, go and see an RE and not an OB! I don't care if they are your dearest friend and doctor they will not HELP you the same way...oh and I also learned that they are not any cheaper either. I flushed nearly a grand down the toilet seeing him (money I could have saved for my RE). I would say one of the hardest things for me now is that all the people who were "trying" for a baby at the same time we were all have 3-4 year olds now. 
Other than that, I am a huge film buff, an artsy crafty girl (who spends way too much time on pinterest) with two dogs (an aussie shepherd named Scout and a Pomeranian/poodle mix named Dolly). I hope to get to know some of you on this journey!
Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
The Christmas Story

Re: Newbie introduction

• Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • Welcome and good luck!
    Me: 29 ~ DH: 27
    Married: 04/25/14
    TTC #1 Since September 2014
    BFP 12.13.14 -- EDD 08.28.15

***Siggy Warning***

BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Here's to hoping for some good news to you soon!  I am a HUGE film buff as well.  What are some of your favorite movies?  Did you happen to name your dogs after Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird and Dolly Parton?! I sure hope sooooo, because that would be awesome.  To Kill A Mockingbird is my most favorite book, and well... Dolly Parton is pretty cool.

Anywhoooo, welcome to the board, and I am wishing you lots of luck!

Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
    edited November 2014
    gonetothesea said: Here's to hoping for some good news to you soon!  I am a HUGE film buff as well.  What are some of your favorite movies?  Did you happen to name your dogs after Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird and Dolly Parton?! I sure hope sooooo, because that would be awesome.  To Kill A Mockingbird is my most favorite book, and well... Dolly Parton is pretty cool.Anywhoooo, welcome to the board, and I am wishing you lots of luck!

As a matter of fact YES...to both my dogs! What makes me angry is how people will call her (scout) a "he" and then proceed to tell me Scout's is a boy name. I'm like *Well
    somebody obviously has never read or seen to Kill a Mockingbird*
    As for films, I love David Lynch movies (see profile picture) and one of my all time favorite movies is A Clockwork Orange. I also love Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby (so pretty much dark films). But two of my other faves are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Breakfast Club. I can go on and on and on...what about you?? I love nerding out about movies. :)
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

The Christmas Story

• Welcome and Good Luck! I'm a newbie too and these ladies are very supportive. 
    Sept. 15 January Siggy Challenge ~ Happy Dance
    TTC #1 10/14 ~ BFP 12/20/14 ~ EDD 09/03/2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • gonetotheseagonetothesea member
    edited November 2014

Here's to hoping for some good news to you soon!  I am a HUGE film buff as well.  What are some of your favorite movies?  Did you happen to name your dogs after Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird and Dolly Parton?! I sure hope sooooo, because that would be awesome.  To Kill A Mockingbird is my most favorite book, and well... Dolly Parton is pretty cool.

As a matter of fact YES...to both my dogs! What makes me angry is how people will call her (scout) a "he" and then proceed to tell me Scout's is a boy name. I'm like *Well somebody obviously has never read or seen to Kill a Mockingbird*
    As for films, I love David Lynch movies (see profile picture) and one of my all time favorite movies is A Clockwork Orange. I also love Chinatown and Rosemary's Baby (so pretty much dark films). But two of my other faves are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Breakfast Club. I can go on and on and on...what about you?? I love nerding out about movies. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! That's so wonderful.  I think it's safe to say that we can be best friends now. ;)  I love the name Scout, and really wanted to name my daughter that one day, but my DH's brother's name is Scott, so that sounds too similar to his name, so it looks like it won't happen.  Scout is DEFINITELY a girl's name, so I feel your pain on that! But Atticus will definitely be our son's name if we ever have a boy.  I love Harper too, but, that's becoming too trendy, so that's a bummer. So glad to see that you love To Kill A Mockingbird, too!  I inscribed "You rarely win, but sometimes you do," into my husband's wedding band. So, uhh.. yeah, I'm a big fan.

Dolly is pretty cool, too. Hard Candy Christmas is my go-to Christmas jam.

Nice film choices! The Breakfast Club and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are definitely up there on my favorites list.  I've actually never seen Rosemary's Baby... but I've always wanted to.  I'll have to bump that up on my Netflix list. My favorites are Say Anything, Rushmore, Swingers, It's A Wonderful Life, Psycho, and Back to the Future, among many, many others.  I LOVE talking about movies and movie trivia, so it's so nice to meet you!  

edit: for quote fail

Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• yepitsme215yepitsme215 member
    edited November 2014
    Welcome! I also was going to an OB but the ladies on here talked me out of it. GL and hoping you'll be off here quick!
    Oh btw, I love a Clockwork Orange too (which is part of the reason I am replying) see my pic below ^_^
    Me: 24 
    DH:25
    TTC for over a year with PCOS. We'll see what happens. 
    November 3 2014-finally going to see an RE!

Favorite villain: Alex from A Clockwork Orange
  • Welcome, hope your RE can help you get a sticky bean!
  • Welcome.
    Son: Jackson, 11/02/06, stillborn due to PPROM and IUGR. Over the next ten years we had 9 miscarriages from 8-14 weeks. On May 18, 2016 my daughter, Ridley, was born. We're OADNBC.
  • Welcome and good luck now that you have things in the right plan!
    TB is dead.

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Cha
  • Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I am also a film buff. My favorite movies are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Big Lebowski.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Welcome! My husband has a Springer Spaniel named Scout, also from TKAM!  His sister has an Aussie...they are so cute!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers 

• Welcome and best of luck to you!
    Me: 25 | DH: 31
    Coupledom: 12.5.11 | Married: 10.26.2013
    Pet Mommy of 1 fur baby, Bella (Morkie)
    TTC #1 - December 2014
    Anniversary

• welcome and good luck
  • welcome and GL

Me: 30   DH: 33

TTC #1 since June 2014

Baby #1 coming March 2016

My Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

• Welcome and good luck!

Love: April 2012
    Married: November 23, 2013
    TTC #1 September 2014
    **BFP January 12th 2015  EDD September 22nd 2015**
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

I am also a film buff. My favorite movies are Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and The Big Lebowski.
    Eternal Sunshine  is SUCH a beautiful movie. I have thought getting tattoos of some of their quotes. I have never seen the Big Lebowski, but I need to...everyone says it's amazing. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Here's to hoping for some good news to you soon!  I am a HUGE film buff as well.  What are some of your favorite movies?  Did you happen to name your dogs after Scout Finch from To Kill A Mockingbird and Dolly Parton?! I sure hope sooooo, because that would be awesome.  To Kill A Mockingbird is my most favorite book, and well... Dolly Parton is pretty cool.

As a matter of fact YES...to both my dogs! What makes me angry is how people will call her (scout) a "he" and then proceed to tell me Scout's is a boy name. I'm like *Well somebody obviously has never read or seen to Kill a Mockingbird*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! That's so wonderful.  I think it's safe to say that we can be best friends now. ;)  I love the name Scout, and really wanted to name my daughter that one day, but my DH's brother's name is Scott, so that sounds too similar to his name, so it looks like it won't happen.  Scout is DEFINITELY a girl's name, so I feel your pain on that! But Atticus will definitely be our son's name if we ever have a boy.  I love Harper too, but, that's becoming too trendy, so that's a bummer. So glad to see that you love To Kill A Mockingbird, too!  I inscribed "You rarely win, but sometimes you do," into my husband's wedding band. So, uhh.. yeah, I'm a big fan.

Nice film choices! The Breakfast Club and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind are definitely up there on my favorites list.  I've actually never seen Rosemary's Baby... but I've always wanted to.  I'll have to bump that up on my Netflix list. My favorites are Say Anything, Rushmore, Swingers, It's A Wonderful Life, Psycho, and Back to the Future, among many, many others.  I LOVE talking about movies and movie trivia, so it's so nice to meet you!  

*I'm not sure why the quotes aren't working on here, but it's driving me a little crazy*
    I love the name Scout for a girl too. Atticus is a great boys name and yes I have noticed that Harper has become increasingly popular (being a preschool teacher I generally know what names are "hot"....Isabelle and Mia are some others). 
    Are you into classic movies too? If so have you seen All About Eve? That's another of my favories. Rushmore is an AMAZING movie, and I actually had the pleasure of meeting Jason Schwartzman because he was performing in his band, he is so nice! 
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Welcome and good luck!
  • Welcome! So sorry for your previous troubles.
    Married to DH (aka the love of my life) since June 17th, 2006

*I'm not sure why the quotes aren't working on here, but it's driving me a little crazy*
    I love the name Scout for a girl too. Atticus is a great boys name and yes I have noticed that Harper has become increasingly popular (being a preschool teacher I generally know what names are "hot"....Isabelle and Mia are some others). 
    Are you into classic movies too? If so have you seen All About Eve? That's another of my favories. Rushmore is an AMAZING movie, and I actually had the pleasure of meeting Jason Schwartzman because he was performing in his band, he is so nice! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yes, I LOVE classic movies!  All About Eve is wonderful.  I also love Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rebel Without A Cause, and Imitation of Life.  And any Alfred Hitchcock.  He's awesome.  I'm so jealous that you met Jason Schwartzman! Did you see him when he was with Phantom Planet or with Coconut Records? Do you like Wes Anderson films? I love everything he does.

These are O.R. Scrubs.
    O.R. They?
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

• Welcome.
    Me: 31   DH: 34
    Married: 5/12/07
    DD: 7/28/10
    TTC#2: 10/2014

• Yes, I LOVE classic movies!  All About Eve is wonderful.  I also love Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rebel Without A Cause, and Imitation of Life.  And any Alfred Hitchcock.  He's awesome.  I'm so jealous that you met Jason Schwartzman! Did you see him when he was with Phantom Planet or with Coconut Records? Do you like Wes Anderson films? I love everything he does.

These are O.R. Scrubs.
    O.R. They?
    I adore Alfred Hitchcock. Have you watch Alfred Hitchcock Presents? Such a good show. Another of my faves is Rear Window. Grace Kelly is such a babe in that. 
    We were in California and he was performing Coconut Records. I don't think he has done many "tours" so we were really lucky to get to see him. That was several years ago.  :/ And yes, I do like Wes Anderson. Rushmore is my favorite of all the movies he has done, but the Life Aquatic and Royal Tenanbaums are pretty rad, too. 
    And literally, everytime someone says they are an OR nurse, I am so tempted to say O R you?? And then laugh, presumably by myself. :) 
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Hi and welcome. Glad you have an RE on board. Good luck!
    Me: 29 DH: 34 Married 9/8/12 Started TTC 10/01/12
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea by RE in 2/2013
          Provera + Ovidrel trigger = BFP #1 3/24/13
    DD born 11/12/13
    TTC #2 since 9/01/14
    Tamoxifen + Ovidrel trigger = CP (cycle 3)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Suess

TTGP January Siggy Challenge: Workout Fails

• Yes, I LOVE classic movies!  All About Eve is wonderful.  I also love Breakfast at Tiffany's, Rebel Without A Cause, and Imitation of Life.  And any Alfred Hitchcock.  He's awesome.  I'm so jealous that you met Jason Schwartzman! Did you see him when he was with Phantom Planet or with Coconut Records? Do you like Wes Anderson films? I love everything he does.

These are O.R. Scrubs.
    O.R. They?
    I adore Alfred Hitchcock. Have you watch Alfred Hitchcock Presents? Such a good show. Another of my faves is Rear Window. Grace Kelly is such a babe in that. 
    We were in California and he was performing Coconut Records. I don't think he has done many "tours" so we were really lucky to get to see him. That was several years ago.  :/ And yes, I do like Wes Anderson. Rushmore is my favorite of all the movies he has done, but the Life Aquatic and Royal Tenanbaums are pretty rad, too. 
    And literally, everytime someone says they are an OR nurse, I am so tempted to say O R you?? And then laugh, presumably by myself. :) 
    Haha, that OR line is one of my most favorites.  I will pull it up on YouTube sometimes when I need a pick-me-up. :)  Yes, I have watched many of Alfred Hitchcock's Presents.  Grace Kelly IS a babe in Rear Window, but I am more of an Audrey Hepburn kind of gal.  I have a picture hanging up of her in my living room. Haha.

That's so cool you saw Jason Schwartzman when he was touring for Coconut Records. Every time I hear "Night Timing," I can't help but dance a little bit.

Wes Anderson is the man!  I drag my husband to see his movies every time they come into theaters.  He pretends to hate them, but I think he's coming around.  I am trying to get him to broaden his horizons! (his favorite movie is Die Hard, if that's any indication. haha)

Sorry to talk your ear off, but if you ever want to talk movies, or anything else for that matter (we seem to have lots in common!), please feel free to message me!
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"