Trouble TTC

successes with Chlomid??

stephhpetsstephhpets member
edited November 2014 in Trouble TTC

Re: successes with Chlomid??

• edited November 2014
    Hi @Stephasuasu, first off welcome.  Secondly, the ladies here more than likely wouldn't have had a successful cycle on chlomid Clomid (because I don't know how to spell) which is why this is called "Trouble trying to Conceive".  Last, take a look at the second post that says "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING" as many of these questions would have already been answered.  I'll let someone with more time educate you on the chlomid/obgyn pitfalls.  

GL

ETA: Sorry this came off bitchier than I would have liked.
  • As PP said you won't find any success stories here.  We are all still trying to conceive.  You could try to PAIF (pregnant after infertility) or SAIF (success after infertility) boards, but I would caution against posting a question without a proper introduction.

Judging by the fact that you're temping while on Clomid to detect ovulation I assume you are taking this potentially dangerous medication unmonitored, most likely by an OB.  If that is the case, I implore you to get yourself to a reproductive endocrinologist immediately.  There is a lot of testing you should have before being given fertility medications, such as Clomid, while monitored to ensure you ovulated, do not over respond, and do not develop cysts.

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Anyone on 1tri and TTGP will all say the same thing about monitoring.  Please heed all their advice even if you do DD.
  • Seriously OP? And I was so nice and mellow in my response, consider it thanksgiving kindness...

She posted the same thing on the TTGP and 1st Tri boards.  You should see her response to people's advice on the TTGP post about being monitored.  I believe she says that being monitored is so much time away from work, is it really needed, or something like that...

Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
    edited November 2014
    DaydreamSam said:
    Observation: When a random poster spells Clomid as "Chlomid" I automatically think trolly troll troll. Cause really? You can't read your prescription bottle?
    @shafwilson - (insert sarcasm font here) Oh yeah, cause work is way more important than worrying about your reproductive health. 

I came on here to say the same thing. Who really thinks clomid is spelled like that, espcially an adult woman struggling to have a baby? Surely she would have done some research. 
    Anyway, I didn't see the actual posting (just the title) so I can't say much more than that.
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"