TTC After a Loss

~~~ October Angel Mamas' Check-In 11/25/14 ~~~

Welcome to the October Check-In. This check-in is for anyone who has had a loss with an EDD in October.  

Members, give us an update on how you are doing. If I didn’t tag you with specific questions, it’s only because we didn’t hear from you last week (or for a few weeks) - please jump back in. Please pop in and let us know how you’re doing even if you don’t have time to respond to everyone individually this week! New members, introduce yourself so that we can get to know you.

If you get a BFP, please PM me so everyone can congratulate you!

Quote of the Week:

"Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  

They are consumed in 12 minutes.

Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not coincidence."

~ Erma Bombeck

Question of the Week:

What is your favorite (or favorites if you cannot narrow it down to one) Thanksgiving food?  

Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition (football, games, etc.)?

----------------------

Updates:

@Stephy1221- How are you feeling about the 2WW as it is getting closer to the end?

@Momentomori- Have you and H talked more about where to go from here?

@daystardreams - How are you this week?  Not worrying to much about your O date, I hope?

@mkfish31 - How are the antibiotics going?  Are you almost in your FW?

@vesperlynch - Have you made any progress with your home improvements?

@whitneyandconcep - I am sorry the PCOS is in full swing.  How are you holding up?

@yorkielove83 - I am so very sorry you are back with us.  If you need some time we totally understand, but I wanted you to know we are thinking about you.

Anyone else who missed the last check-in, jump back in with an update!!!

TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart

Re: ~~~ October Angel Mamas' Check-In 11/25/14 ~~~

• Hi All!  I have been a little absent the past week or so due to work and vacation, but I am back in my normal routine now.

I hope all is well with everyone this week as we go into the holiday.  

Happy Thanksgiving!

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Thanks for the check in @meredithcarole. I'm surviving. I've just started spotting, so I'm hoping things goes quickly. We put an offer in on a house and answered the counter offer so we should hear tomorrow if we got it! :) It's pretty perfect and a nice contrast to the shittiness of this week. 

QOTW: Green bean casserole & glorified rice, which is white rice, whipped cream, crushed pineapple with mandarin oranges & maraschino cherries on top.  

Favorite tradition: we set up Christmas the day after Thanksgiving! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • @meredithcarole Thanks for the check in!

@YorkieLove83 I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss but I'm glad that the house is giving you a distraction. I'll be thinking of you as you go through this.

As for me, I haven't been thinking too much about ovulating soon. For the first time in a long time I can't tell you off the top of my head what cycle day I'm on. Since we lost my boss two weeks ago, work has been crazy. I've been worried about so many other people that I haven't had time to worry about TTC. I just got around to ordering OPKs, hopefully they'll arrive quickly so I can start taking them!

QOTW: My favorite foods from thanksgiving is turkey and ham. I never have reason to cook a whole turkey or whole ham except on the holidays and I just think that they taste so much better on Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving!

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• @YorkieLove83‌ I'm so sorry you're back. I'm glad you had something positive to offset your awful week. Fx on the house.

@meredithcarole‌ have you started your new position at work?

Afm, I'm frustrated with my body. I'm at CD39 with no O. I'm torn between just giving up on this cycle and still not wanting to miss it if I do O. I'm going to keep temping so I can show my doc next week, but I feel like I'm just throwing away money (and hope) with all these OPKs.

QOTW: I love stuffing. It's the one thing I don't think I eat the rest of the year that just screams "Thanksgiving". Since this is my first gluten free Thanksgiving and I'm at my dad's house, I'm doing all the cooking. I ordered a gluten free stuffing mix on Amazon, and I'm using my grandma's recipe to fix it up. Since I'm at my dad's house (not my norm) we don't have any traditions. I'm hoping it goes well!
    I'll be at a new place providing support. 

• Thanks for the check in @meredithcarole. I'm surviving. I've just started spotting, so I'm hoping things goes quickly. We put an offer in on a house and answered the counter offer so we should hear tomorrow if we got it! :) It's pretty perfect and a nice contrast to the shittiness of this week. 

QOTW: Green bean casserole & glorified rice, which is white rice, whipped cream, crushed pineapple with mandarin oranges & maraschino cherries on top.  

Good luck with the house! Keep us posted.

That "glorified rice" dish sounds almost like dessert! I bet it is good. =P~

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • As for me, I haven't been thinking too much about ovulating soon. For the first time in a long time I can't tell you off the top of my head what cycle day I'm on. Since we lost my boss two weeks ago, work has been crazy. I've been worried about so many other people that I haven't had time to worry about TTC. I just got around to ordering OPKs, hopefully they'll arrive quickly so I can start taking them!

QOTW: My favorite foods from thanksgiving is turkey and ham. I never have reason to cook a whole turkey or whole ham except on the holidays and I just think that they taste so much better on Thanksgiving!

I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving!

Maybe having a break for the holidays from worrying about TTC is a good thing. I hope everyone is doing okay with your boss's passing. I am sure it is particularly difficult this time of year.

I think everything tastes better on a holiday! Happy cooking!

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Afm, I'm frustrated with my body. I'm at CD39 with no O. I'm torn between just giving up on this cycle and still not wanting to miss it if I do O. I'm going to keep temping so I can show my doc next week, but I feel like I'm just throwing away money (and hope) with all these OPKs. QOTW: I love stuffing. It's the one thing I don't think I eat the rest of the year that just screams "Thanksgiving". Since this is my first gluten free Thanksgiving and I'm at my dad's house, I'm doing all the cooking. I ordered a gluten free stuffing mix on Amazon, and I'm using my grandma's recipe to fix it up. Since I'm at my dad's house (not my norm) we don't have any traditions. I'm hoping it goes well!

I am sure you are very frustrated with your body. How long were your cycles before you took the Metmorfin?

In answer to your question, I did start the new job. I have been in the position for 2 weeks, but I am on a week's vacation currently (so it is more like one week on the job).

I am sure your GF stuffing will taste great with your extra touches!

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart

Good luck with the house! Keep us posted.

That "glorified rice" dish sounds almost like dessert! I bet it is good. =P~
    It's delicious! It essentially looks like this:
    but I make it much less chunky!!!!! :)

• AFM:  
    We made some progress!  MH submitted his SA sample.  So we will (anxiously) await those results.  I tried to make an appointment for an SHG, but the RE's office only does them on CD 7-12 and all the appointments were already booked up.  So, I have to call on CD 1 to make the appointment.  Of course, they have limited weekend hours, and the only 2 days they aren't open are Xmas and New Years day.  Well, guess when CD 7-12 is likely to fall (if history serves me right).  Grrr.  
    One pretty cool thing.  I helped MH and his team make a movie in October that we entered into an international film festival. We made it into the top 20 and MH got an honorable mention for acting!  So proud.  
    :x

I am glad you made some progress! Hopefully the timing for your SHG works out okay.

That is really cool about the honorable mention for YH's acting as well as being entered in a film competition! Super impressive!

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • @meredithcarole‌ even before metformin my cycles were about 28-29 days, with a few wonky long cycles thrown in rarely.

@daystardreams‌ I hope work calms down soon.

@momentomori‌ I hope you get your appointment. Maybe they'll be slower on the days they are open around the holidays. And congrats on the film festival! That's awesome!

• @meredithcarole‌ even before metformin my cycles were about 28-29 days, with a few wonky long cycles thrown in rarely. 
    Hmmm.  Well, it is definitely time for the doctor to weigh in then.  I hope she has some answers when you see her next week.  

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • @YorkieLove83‌ I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs. We have the same tradition we get out tree the day after Thanksgiving too.
    momentomori Yay for progress and congrats on the movie.
    whitneyandconcep I am sorry you are frustrated. Hope you get some answers.
    @meredithcarole Thanks for the check in. How was vacation? Hope it was great and that you are enjoying the new job.

As for me I am nearing the end of my 2ww and I can feel AF arriving and I am PISSED. I know it is irrational and I know I am owed nothing but this cycle I am just angry. I am sure it is a mix of turning 37 and facing the holidays not holding the LO who should be here. I think you were right @meredithcarole there was a subconscious reason for me "forgetting" to temp.

QOTW: Pumpkin pie hands down my fave food but I am a Thanksgiving girl, i love everything on the menu. We get our tree the day after Thanksgiving every year. 

Funny story. Every year we go to Lowes for our tree. One year for whatever reason I got it in to my head to go to a tree farm. That tree was 1/2 dead by Christmas but H wouldn't let me get a new one. I mean you went anywhere near it an needles were falling. We put it out in the yard after Christmas and I was talking on the phone with a girlfriend and watched that 1/2 dead tree start rolling down the road (windy day) then a police offcer went by and pulled over to chase it down. I was mortified. I totally ducked so he wouldn't see me watching out the window and he tossed it in my neighbors yard. Yup, now we stick with Lowes. 
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers        Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Oct Angel*BFP 1/25/14 * EDD 10/6/14 * US#1 2/26/14 *US#2 3/3/14 no heartbeat*d&c 3/12/14*

BFP 1/17/15 * EDD 9/30/15

• @stephy1221‌ I'm sorry you're having a rough tww. I feel the same way about facing the holidays. ((Big hugs)) I loved your Christmas tree story. We currently have a little fake tree, but one day I want a real one!

• @YorkieLove83‌ I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs. We have the same tradition we get out tree the day after Thanksgiving too.
    momentomori Yay for progress and congrats on the movie.
    whitneyandconcep I am sorry you are frustrated. Hope you get some answers.
    @meredithcarole Thanks for the check in. How was vacation? Hope it was great and that you are enjoying the new job.

As for me I am nearing the end of my 2ww and I can feel AF arriving and I am PISSED. I know it is irrational and I know I am owed nothing but this cycle I am just angry. I am sure it is a mix of turning 37 and facing the holidays not holding the LO who should be here. I think you were right @meredithcarole there was a subconscious reason for me "forgetting" to temp.

QOTW: Pumpkin pie hands down my fave food but I am a Thanksgiving girl, i love everything on the menu. We get our tree the day after Thanksgiving every year. 

Funny story. Every year we go to Lowes for our tree. One year for whatever reason I got it in to my head to go to a tree farm. That tree was 1/2 dead by Christmas but H wouldn't let me get a new one. I mean you went anywhere near it an needles were falling. We put it out in the yard after Christmas and I was talking on the phone with a girlfriend and watched that 1/2 dead tree start rolling down the road (windy day) then a police offcer went by and pulled over to chase it down. I was mortified. I totally ducked so he wouldn't see me watching out the window and he tossed it in my neighbors yard. Yup, now we stick with Lowes. 

Lol. Your story made me laugh.

I am so sorry that it seems AF is on the way. Even if you subconsciously didn't want the pressure of temping it doesn't mean you didn't want the result of good timing and the alignment of stars (because we all know timing is only half the battle). ((Hugs))

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • Hey ladies! Happy thanksgiving! Hope everyone had a great day! My husband and I finished our antibiotics. Just in time because I got a + opk today. Husband and I are out of town with his family at the mountains. Of course I forgot my thermometer at home so I will have to go get one today at the store. Oh well. Thankful for this group of ladies. Have a good weekend.
    Married since Dec 2010. TTC since Feb of 2014. 

**BFP#1 Feb 20th. EDD October 28th, 2014. MC March 20th (7.5 wks) D&C.

**BFP #2 May 22nd. EDD Feb 8th, 2015.   MC  July 1st, 2014 (6.5 weeks) D&C

Heard both babies heartbeats @6w3d, 122bpm and 100bpm. Will never forget that sound!

**BFP #3 EDD 8/21/15  Please, please be our rainbow!!

imageimage

• @mkfish31‌ sounds like perfect timing. Good luck!

• mkfish31 said:
    Hey ladies! Happy thanksgiving! Hope everyone had a great day! My husband and I finished our antibiotics. Just in time because I got a + opk today. Husband and I are out of town with his family at the mountains. Of course I forgot my thermometer at home so I will have to go get one today at the store. Oh well. Thankful for this group of ladies. Have a good weekend.

Good timing on the antibiotics! HIO, girl ;)

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
  • @stephy1221‌ @whitneyandconcep @daystardreams‌ @VesperLynch‌ @mkfish31‌ @YorkieLove83‌ @momentomori‌ I am slightly disorganized this week. I will post the check in tomorrow evening. I hope everyone is doing well.

About Me: 

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"