TTC After a Loss

*** Multiple Loss Ladies 2014-11-26 ***

Good morning, lady loves! I hope the formatting of todays check-in is okay. As I was booting up my laptop this morning my cat jumped on the table and coffee spilled all over it. Now, Dh has my laptop air drying for 24 hours so I'm using our super old lap top that takes forever. This thing is so slow! BUT, I wanted to make sure the check in was posted today because I didn't get a chance to post it yesterday!

New members: Feel free to join in. Please make sure that you are able to make time to update us weekly. If you have already posted an intro on the main board, just post a short one here to refresh our memories.

Regular Members: If you do not see your name below it is because you missed last weeks (or a few) check ins. Feel free to pop in and give us an update and I will add you back in. If you get a bfp, please pm me so I can add you to our congratulations section. If you do not PM me, I will not list your BFP in this check-in.

-----------------------------------------------

Our Members

Ally1986, Bookishmomma, Buggirl72, CallaLily30, Dawnstar898, Discouraged31, ElleBelle2384, Elliecat17, Eurydicenymph, FrenchTeacherMama, GeorgiaDottie, HoldingOutHope, Jj32, LauraO11, Lav17, LeLoyd,  BunnyBun4, Megrae12, Mlal78, MrsG80inTN, MrsPipp, MyFirstRaspberry, Nikolie93, O2girl, PinkCamino, Rachaeleigh, RG1979, Rocks526, SeaParrot Sunflwra

@ally1986 ~ How are you holding up this week? What's new with you?

@bookishmomma ~ Any news on your MRI? How are you doing this week?

@buggirl72 ~ How are you? I know you had a crazy week last week! Any plans to take it easy? ((hugs))

@bunnybun4 ~ How goes it? What's the plan right now? FX everything is going well and on schedule!

@callalily30 ~ How's your job? How are you handing being away from Dh?

@dawnstar898 ~ ((hugs)) I hope you're doing better this week! Anything new to report?

@Discouraged31 ~ have you had your ER yet? FX for you! How are you holding up this week?

@ellebelle2384 ~ What's new with you this week? Anything planned for the long weekend?

@elliecat17 ~ How are you doing? Anything new to report? Are you still buried in snow?

@eurydicenymph ~ We missed you last week!

@frenchteachermama ~ how your doing with end of term? Make any progress on those papers?

@furrypaws ~ How are you holding up? Did your DHs poison ivy clear up? How's the 2ww treating you?

@GeorgiaDottie ~ How are you doing this week? Anything new to report?

@HoldingOutHope ~ How are you holding up? Any plans for this holiday weekend?

@jj32 ~ did you get your blood test results? What's new with you this week?

@KateLM ~ We missed you last week!

@kyliehopeful ~ Give me details about this ED! How exciting! :)

@laura011 ~ how did things go with your friend? ((hugs)) What's new with you this week?

@lav17 ~ How are you doing? Has your sister left?

@leloyd ~ how's the bleeding? ((hugs)) What's new with you?

@lycih ~ have you started taking your herbs? How is that treating you?

@megrae12 ~ Yay for grad school! Talk to me about the program! I want details!

@mlal78 ~ I'm chart stalking you constantly! How are you holding up with this really long FW?

@mrsg80intn ~ How are you holding up with your in-laws there? What's going on with you this week?

@mrspipp ~ ((hugs)) I'm so sorry about CD1. Do you have any plans for this upcoming cycle?

@myfirstraspberry ~ Thinking of you while you're on break! ((hugs))

@Nikolie93 ~ you are absolutely welcome here ((hugs)) how are you holding up this week?

@o2girl ~ How are you this week? Any fun plans for the holiday weekend?

@PinkCamino ~Hi!

@rachaeleigh ~ How are you holding up? Anything new? ((hugs))

@readinglove ~ have you gotten the results back? ((hugs)) What's new with you this week?

@RG1979 ~ FX for your beta today! ((hugs))

@rocks526 ~ How are you holding up this week? Anything new? ((hugs))

@SeaParrot ~ How are you holding up? Anything new to report?

@sunflwra ~ How's FW treating you? What's new with you? ((hugs))

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

QOTD:

What are you like IRL? We hide behind computer here on TB so often we don't get the opportunity to find out what any particular bumpie is like IRL ya know? If you had to describe your personality - what would it be?

What is your favorite holiday and why?

Re: *** Multiple Loss Ladies 2014-11-26 ***

• BookishMommaBookishMomma member
    edited November 2014
    Naughty kitty! Thanks for the check-in PC. How are YOU doing?

I'm doing better this week, both emotionally and physically. I had a beta draw on Monday and my HCG had dropped to 11, down from 175 a week earlier. So I am hopeful that my body is bouncing back after this last loss, which is a relief after the drawn-out recovery from my May D&C. I have an appointment today with my regular OB to do a post-M/C check-up and also to discuss the potential septum issue. I am hoping she will order the MRI for me, since it is more likely to be covered by my insurance if she orders it, as opposed to my RE. My insurance has a tendency to knee-jerk deny any claim that comes over from the fertility clinic, which is bullshit, but it is what it is. Of course, regardless of who orders the MRI, I will make sure all my doctors get the results and are kept in the loop. I have a feeling this is the sort of thing where I'm going to want a second opinion anyway. 

QOTW: IRL I'm very analytical but also creative. I'm an extrovert who needs her alone time. I wear my heart on my sleeve and speak my mind, which sometimes gets me in trouble.

edit - weird spacing
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• Naughty kitty! Thanks for the check-in PC. How are YOU doing?

I'm doing better this week, both emotionally and physically. I had a beta draw on Monday and my HCG had dropped to 11, down from 175 a week earlier. So I am hopeful that my body is bouncing back after this last loss, which is a relief after the drawn-out recovery from my May D&C. I have an appointment today with my regular OB to do a post-M/C check-up and also to discuss the potential septum issue. I am hoping she will order the MRI for me, since it is more likely to be covered by my insurance if she orders it, as opposed to my RE. My insurance has a tendency to knee-jerk deny any claim that comes over from the fertility clinic, which is bullshit, but it is what it is. Of course, regardless of who orders the MRI, I will make sure all my doctors get the results and are kept in the loop. I have a feeling this is the sort of thing where I'm going to want a second opinion anyway. 

QOTW: IRL I'm very analytical but also creative. I'm an extrovert who needs her alone time. I wear my heart on my sleeve and speak my mind, which sometimes gets me in trouble.

edit - weird spacing
    FX you can get an order to get that MRI through your OB if it means that insurance issues will be easier for you. Like I told you on FB the procedure is painless but *difficult* if you're uncomfortable with confined spaces. The whole thing takes about an hour and half. Let me know what comes of your appointment, hopefullly you can get in to have that MRI before the new year.

AFM: Honestly, not that great. We're using the CBFM this cycle hoping that it will help my husband relax a little and not feel like he needs to perform on command. The situation is much better but last night I could feel his anxiety starting to mount. It's so so hard. It's a viscous circle, the logical part of me says take a break from TTC and just allow things to happen when they happen. Yet, the irrational part of me says NO WAY - we've been trying for too fucking long to chicken out now. I wish there was a solution for us - I honestly do. This cycle I find myself anxious about his anxiety levels which can't be good either.

• Loading the player...
  • jj32 said:
    @PinkCamino Thanks for the check-in. How are you doing? I am sure your notifications are blowing up with all the nomination posts and now the check-in. You have probably been one busy lady!

AFM: Nope, no test results back. I did not think it would take over 3 weeks. I guess getting tested for Factor V and MTHFR is more extensive than I thought. Everyday another claim pops up. Other than being impatient things are good. I have all my stuff to cook for Thanksgiving and my Mom is coming up in the morning for the day. I am baking a pumpkin pie tonight and will be having wine to help assist. 

QOTW: I feel like I fly under the radar here on TB with my humor and my ability to talk. IRL I am sarcastic and pretty witty. I am very outgoing, I like to laugh and make others laugh. I am a good listener and invest a lot in my friendships. Sometimes I feel that I use the F bomb a bit too much and want to cut that back. I enjoy doing things outdoors. I like to catch up with friends over coffee or wine. Oh and I like to sing real loud in the car and I think I sound pretty awesome, but reality is I am sooo tone deaf. I am quirky and like to make up little songs about anything....I think my H and dog get a new song everyday. 
    I think it took over 5 weeks to get my MTHFR results back, so that does sound pretty normal. FX they're in soon. Look at it this way, you're X amount closer to getting the results than you were last week!

Happy Thanksgiving! Have fun making that pie :)
  • Thanks for the check in @Pink Camino! How are you lovey? 

AFM: I am planning to go into a General Counseling program and but want to focus on IF counseling and after loss counseling. There are not resources where I live for that type of thing and going through it all myself, has left me feeling lonely and exasperated. I want to pave the way for future people who have to deal with this. If I can make even a tiny bit easier, then I feel like I have accomplished that. On top of that I want to work PTSD patients, those mostly reeling from a painful loss etc. H says that even though our journey sucks if we can help one person get through it as well, then he says it is all worth it. I feel that way. It's hard to find joy in this journey, I want to be able to help someone find that and keep it. 

QOTD: I am sarcastic and witty IRL. Moslty, I am the same on here and IRL, with the exception of I am nicer here. Not to say that I am bitch, but I dont take crap from people and I do not put up with fake people. I am very outgoing, but like @Bookishmomma I need my alone time. I have a very strong personality, which for some reason, makes people intimidated by me. According those I know and love, I am hard on the outside but soft on the inside. It's really true. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    DX: stage 2 Endo 2012, PCOS 7/2/14,  HSG 6/11/14, Lefty open!!
    BFP#1, EDD: 4/27/14, Missed EP confirmed: 9/23/13, R tube removal: 9/25/13 
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    Clomid/TI#2=BFN, Clomid/TI #3=CP
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15
    On a treatment break: 2 natural cycles. Saving money, sigh*

Goodbye my sweet babies. We miss you so much
    All Welcome

• mrspippmrspipp member
    edited November 2014
    Thanks for the check-in, PC! Big ((hugs)) to you and YH. Do you like the CBFM?

@BookishMomma‌ huge ((hugs)) GL at your appt today. Hopefully you will get some answers soon.

@jj32‌ Hope you get tests results soon! My MTHFR test took a while to come in as well, and I'm sure the holiday isn't helping. Have fun cooking with your mom!

AFM, I'm on CD2, and pretty pissed about it. We are in the car headed to my hometown for the holiday, and I don't even want to talk to anyone. My plan is to drink all the things tonight. And probably the rest of the weekend... I have an appointment with an RE on Dec 3. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go (bc I would be KTFU this cycle) but hopefully he can help where my OB hasn't been able to.

QOTW: I'm logical, analytical and introverted. I have to be outgoing for my job, so it surprises people that I prefer to be alone. I think I'm pretty funny, and sometimes other people agree. I love to get lost in a book, like talking to my dogs a lot-mostly in different voices, and am close to my parents.

Hope everyone in the US has a happy thanksgiving tomorrow!

Eta: clarity
  • AFM: Honestly, not that great. We're using the CBFM this cycle hoping that it will help my husband relax a little and not feel like he needs to perform on command. The situation is much better but last night I could feel his anxiety starting to mount. It's so so hard. It's a viscous circle, the logical part of me says take a break from TTC and just allow things to happen when they happen. Yet, the irrational part of me says NO WAY - we've been trying for too fucking long to chicken out now. I wish there was a solution for us - I honestly do. This cycle I find myself anxious about his anxiety levels which can't be good either.

Yeah, I sensed that you've been having a rough time. You haven't been on a break from temping that long yet, so I'm hoping that as time goes by you and your H will both be able to relax a little more, even if you're still using the CBFM. It really sucks that TTC puts so much pressure on a relationship, month after month and loss after loss. Hang in there, honey. We're here for you. ((Hugs)) 
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• @pinkcamino – Looks like it formatted just fine – I hope that your computer dries out quickly though – EEK!  I’m sorry that even with CBFM it seems like your husband is still getting anxious.  What did he decide to do about the pills?  How does he respond to toys and/or dress up? 

@bookishmomma – I’m glad your body seems to be cooperating this time.  It’s the little things sometimes in the midst of this mess.  I hope you can get the MRI scheduled soon.

@jj32 – Ugh – no test results yet, what a bugger!  Mmmm… wine while baking – sounds like the best plan to me!

@megrae12 – I love that you’re going to try and focus on IF and AL counseling.  You’d be such a help to women/families like us.

@mrspipp – Hugs – sorry about CD2.  I say have a few drinks for sure.  FX for a good RE appointment.

@mrsg80intn ~ How are you holding up with your in-laws there? What's going on with you this week?

AFM… You might be sorry you asked… MIL’s surgery went out, but we were at the hospital for like 10.5 hours.  She’s not the best patient and it was a stressful weekend.  Then FIL had his prostate biopsy on Monday morning and didn’t do very well with the recovery so he wound up having to get a catheter that he has to keep for a week.  He doesn’t feel comfortable driving with it so they are staying until at least Monday (which is when I leave for a week long business trip).  So, needless to say things are a little cray cray in the MrsG house… Might I add that thanksgiving meal just adds a whole host of other issues to the mix.  I’m probably gonna need a little throat punching later today to get it all off my chest. 

QOTW --- Personality – Hmmm… I’m outgoing and love to be around people (unless those people piss me off).  At the same time I like a good book.  I get stressed easily, but seem to thrive under the stress at least when it comes to work.  I’m loyal to a fault and tend to get stepped on because I like to give people multiple chances at things.  I’m creative, but since my losses haven’t felt like expressing that creativity as much.  Need to get back to that.  I also seem to write in run on thoughts… it’s one of the things @megrae12 loves about me J

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    Hashimoto's diagnosis 11/2011 / Endometriosis removal surgery 04/2013
    Other diagnosis: 1 mutation - PAI-1 gene
    BFP#1 9/27/2013  /  EDD 6/4/14  /  MC 10/17/2013
    BFP#2 3/4/14  /  EDD 11/13/14  /  CP
    BFP#3 6/7/14  / EDD 2/16/15  /  CP
    BFP #4 11/7/2014 / EDD 7/17/15  /  CP
    Current  Plan: Waiting to change RE... Appt on 1/16
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• @MrsG80inTN I love everything about you!!

@Bookishmomma GL with your appointment love! I will be thinking about you. 

@mrspipp Sorry about CD2. I say get your drink on, hunny!!

@jj32 FX the test results come soon!!

@PinkCamino All my love, sweetie. I am sorry things are so frustrating. I wish I had a way to help you, but know I am thinking about you. 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15

All Welcome

• @furrypaws - a poison ivy free penis - now that's something to be thankful for!  

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009
    RXs: Metformin, Levothyroxin, Baby Aspirin, CoQ10, Vitamin D, Folic Acid, Pre-natal. Progesterone post O.

imageimage
    ***Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All Welcome

• @megrae12‌ that sounds like such a great program. I wish there were more resources in my area. I know the people you are able to help in the future will be thankful for your dedication and compassion.

@MrsG80inTN‌ good luck during all the thanksgiving craziness!!

@furrypaws Yayyy for a happy and ivy-free peen!
  • @jj32 - don't think I haven't thought about it!!!!!!!!  I need all the wine.

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• @furrypaws Thanks lady, you are makin' me blush  :\">
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15

All Welcome

• megrae12 said:
    Thanks for the check in @Pink Camino! How are you lovey? 

AFM: I am planning to go into a General Counseling program and but want to focus on IF counseling and after loss counseling. There are not resources where I live for that type of thing and going through it all myself, has left me feeling lonely and exasperated. I want to pave the way for future people who have to deal with this. If I can make even a tiny bit easier, then I feel like I have accomplished that. On top of that I want to work PTSD patients, those mostly reeling from a painful loss etc. H says that even though our journey sucks if we can help one person get through it as well, then he says it is all worth it. I feel that way. It's hard to find joy in this journey, I want to be able to help someone find that and keep it. 

QOTD: I am sarcastic and witty IRL. Moslty, I am the same on here and IRL, with the exception of I am nicer here. Not to say that I am bitch, but I dont take crap from people and I do not put up with fake people. I am very outgoing, but like @Bookishmomma I need my alone time. I have a very strong personality, which for some reason, makes people intimidated by me. According those I know and love, I am hard on the outside but soft on the inside. It's really true. 
    This brought tears to my eyes. Best of luck love, what you're planning to do is so incredibly important. ((hugs))

My therapist was actually a loss mom as well. It really helped knowing that she truly understood what I was going through. I know there have been ladies who have had to deal with therapists who hadn't walked down the loss road and it becomes difficult/tricky because empathy is difficult when you just don't get it kwim?

I remember going to a once monthly support group. The facilitator was a women with 3 or 4 LC who had never experienced a loss herself. As much as her kind words were appreciated it almost felt like it was out of place because she wouldn't ever really understand where any of came from. Needless to say I decided not to return. I guess had the woman telling me to take it day by day and try to find joy in life again was someone who had faced that hurtle herself - it may have been more legitimate ya know?

In anycase, best of luck moving forward. I'm so proud of you.
  • mrspipp said:
    Thanks for the check-in, PC! Big ((hugs)) to you and YH. Do you like the CBFM? @BookishMomma‌ huge ((hugs)) GL at your appt today. Hopefully you will get some answers soon. @jj32‌ Hope you get tests results soon! My MTHFR test took a while to come in as well, and I'm sure the holiday isn't helping. Have fun cooking with your mom! AFM, I'm on CD2, and pretty pissed about it. We are in the car headed to my hometown for the holiday, and I don't even want to talk to anyone. My plan is to drink all the things tonight. And probably the rest of the weekend... I have an appointment with an RE on Dec 3. I was hoping I wouldn't have to go (bc I would be KTFU this cycle) but hopefully he can help where my OB hasn't been able to. QOTW: I'm logical, analytical and introverted. I have to be outgoing for my job, so it surprises people that I prefer to be alone. I think I'm pretty funny, and sometimes other people agree. I love to get lost in a book, like talking to my dogs a lot-mostly in different voices, and am close to my parents. Hope everyone in the US has a happy thanksgiving tomorrow! Eta: clarity
    I'm so sorry (((hugs))) Do what you need to do this weekend to cope. Enjoy your drinks and if you need a break from socializing just take it okay?
  • @pinkcamino – Looks like it formatted just fine – I hope that your computer dries out quickly though – EEK!  I’m sorry that even with CBFM it seems like your husband is still getting anxious.  What did he decide to do about the pills?  How does he respond to toys and/or dress up? 

@bookishmomma – I’m glad your body seems to be cooperating this time.  It’s the little things sometimes in the midst of this mess.  I hope you can get the MRI scheduled soon.

@jj32 – Ugh – no test results yet, what a bugger!  Mmmm… wine while baking – sounds like the best plan to me!

@megrae12 – I love that you’re going to try and focus on IF and AL counseling.  You’d be such a help to women/families like us.

@mrspipp – Hugs – sorry about CD2.  I say have a few drinks for sure.  FX for a good RE appointment.

@mrsg80intn ~ How are you holding up with your in-laws there? What's going on with you this week?

AFM… You might be sorry you asked… MIL’s surgery went out, but we were at the hospital for like 10.5 hours.  She’s not the best patient and it was a stressful weekend.  Then FIL had his prostate biopsy on Monday morning and didn’t do very well with the recovery so he wound up having to get a catheter that he has to keep for a week.  He doesn’t feel comfortable driving with it so they are staying until at least Monday (which is when I leave for a week long business trip).  So, needless to say things are a little cray cray in the MrsG house… Might I add that thanksgiving meal just adds a whole host of other issues to the mix.  I’m probably gonna need a little throat punching later today to get it all off my chest. 

QOTW --- Personality – Hmmm… I’m outgoing and love to be around people (unless those people piss me off).  At the same time I like a good book.  I get stressed easily, but seem to thrive under the stress at least when it comes to work.  I’m loyal to a fault and tend to get stepped on because I like to give people multiple chances at things.  I’m creative, but since my losses haven’t felt like expressing that creativity as much.  Need to get back to that.  I also seem to write in run on thoughts… it’s one of the things @megrae12 loves about me J

ACK! I'm so sorry they're still there! FX things improve quickly and they return home and you can get your "normal" life back. ((hugs)) In-laws are a treat hunh? ;)

Our situation is just so complicated :( We talked about it last night and it looks like he's basically unsure of his sexual triggers at this point. His reasoning is that he's afraid not to be able to perform so it's easier for him to not initiate sex unless he's 100% sure he's in the mood and ready to go. We've had a conversation about the need to use each other for arousal and he does agree that having sex isn't necessarily about being 100% aroused from the get go. But, he gets so anxious that even if I try to arouse him he gets awkward and sorta shuts me out. He's clearly there in the moment but I think he becomes so consumed with having to perform he's unable to relax, enjoy the moment and allow things to escalate.

• furrypaws said:

Hey lady!! @pinkcamino Thanks for the checkin!

So, DH's poison ivy penis has cleared up...thankfully!! Yay for happy peeper!!image

I had a rough weekend because I was upset we missed our chance this cycle. And I'm probably a little more emotional around the holidays in general anyway. Holidays tend to get the brain thinking... :( So just a wait for AF now and next O.

What am I like in real life...uhhh...errrr....I dunno...I just asked my coworker and the first thing that came to his mind was 'smart ass'...yeah, I'd buy that. He also said I have my moments of kindness and thoughtfulness. Oh, he also said 'fucked up'...yeah, it's probably true. ;)  Thank goodness for shrinks!!!!! I used to be the quietest/shy person EVER growing up. It wasn't until mid college until I started opening up more. I think I'm at a point now where I don't really give many fucks about other people and what they think. But I am still somewhat of a hermit...I NEED my alone time at home w/ my furrys and DH...I do not like to be bothered...don't really like going out around fuckers if I don't have to! And fuck the phone...I hate the phone!!! ...so, I'm really a quite lovely lady...heheheeheh!!!! ;)) ;))

Celebrities Jenna Marbles animated GIF

Fav Holiday...Christmas! I LOVE winter, snow, lights - all of it! Presents aren't bad either! ;) And time limited time w/ family is nice too.

Christmas Christmas Tree animated GIF

Happy Gobble Gobble Day Loveies!!! xoxo

Barbie Thanksgiving animated GIF

I'm so sorry you didn't get the best timing this cycle. I'm glad the poison ivy cleared up though ((hugs)) FX for a better cycle next month!

so many hugs, I can only imagine how frustrated you feel. :(
  • megrae12 said:
    Thanks for the check in @Pink Camino! How are you lovey? 

This brought tears to my eyes. Best of luck love, what you're planning to do is so incredibly important. ((hugs))

My therapist was actually a loss mom as well. It really helped knowing that she truly understood what I was going through. I know there have been ladies who have had to deal with therapists who hadn't walked down the loss road and it becomes difficult/tricky because empathy is difficult when you just don't get it kwim?

I remember going to a once monthly support group. The facilitator was a women with 3 or 4 LC who had never experienced a loss herself. As much as her kind words were appreciated it almost felt like it was out of place because she wouldn't ever really understand where any of came from. Needless to say I decided not to return. I guess had the woman telling me to take it day by day and try to find joy in life again was someone who had faced that hurtle herself - it may have been more legitimate ya know?

In anycase, best of luck moving forward. I'm so proud of you.
    Gosh, this brought tears to my eyes!! Thank you for those kind words, I really needed them. You are amazing, lady, don't you ever forget that!! 
    Multiple TTCAL 1IF 3
    imageimage
    Clomid/TI #1=BFN, 
    BFP #2 CP, EDD 7/12/15

All Welcome

• @PinkCamino‌ thanks for the checkin!
    And I'm doing well, thanks. H and I are headed camping tomorrow for thanksgiving, so that should be fun!

QOTD:
    Hmmmmm...... I'm a pretty reserved person. I don't have a lot to say usually until I get to know someone. I am a fun, albeit a bit obnoxious drunk, and I like silly shenanigans. People usually have a first impression of my being a bitch.........but then if they stick with me they find that I'm actually just pretty shy.

Favorite holiday.....Christmas. Why? Not really sure.
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• jj32 said:

@pinkcamino – Looks like it formatted just fine – I hope that your computer dries out quickly though – EEK!  I’m sorry that even with CBFM it seems like your husband is still getting anxious.  What did he decide to do about the pills?  How does he respond to toys and/or dress up? 

ACK! I'm so sorry they're still there! FX things improve quickly and they return home and you can get your "normal" life back. ((hugs)) In-laws are a treat hunh? ;)

Our situation is just so complicated :( We talked about it last night and it looks like he's basically unsure of his sexual triggers at this point. His reasoning is that he's afraid not to be able to perform so it's easier for him to not initiate sex unless he's 100% sure he's in the mood and ready to go. We've had a conversation about the need to use each other for arousal and he does agree that having sex isn't necessarily about being 100% aroused from the get go. But, he gets so anxious that even if I try to arouse him he gets awkward and sorta shuts me out. He's clearly there in the moment but I think he becomes so consumed with having to perform he's unable to relax, enjoy the moment and allow things to escalate.

I'm sorry PC.  Did you guys try out the Viagra yet? I am sure you have tried it all, but does having a few drinks and then you initiating help at all?
    We have tried the viagra and it has worked well. But, we used it on CD6 and 7 which he knew were not "important" days.

Having a few drinks totally does the trick. What I fear though is getting him dependent on needing something to perform whether that be alcohol or viagra. :(
  • @pinkcamino – I’m curious (and if I’m prying tell me to just shut the heck up)… Did your husband have the same concerns before your losses?  I’m just thinking that losses have a tendency to change both spouses if that makes sense?  I’ll admit that I’m not the one that presses for sex in our relationship the most.  My DH has been super patient with me and we’ve come up with things like just watching a movie while in just a robe or playing strip poker and none of those with the intention of having sex… just with the intention of being near each other.  If it leads to sex fine, but if it just leads to sex tomorrow night that’s fine too.  I’m not sure if that would be of help to you all but maybe since he’s feeling like he has to perform having some non-sex based sexy time might help?  

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• @readinglove - yeah - I'm doing all the cooking.  If I'm up to my neck in dishes for the next few days ya'll will understand why!

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• Nikolie93Nikolie93 member
    edited November 2014
    Hey everyone! I really want to respond to everyone and I hope to be back but I am a bit behind with work due to a Dr's appointment today. 

@PinkCamino, thanks for the welcome :) I am sorry that you're frustrated. *hug* I have that fear that once we start TTC again, MH will feel so under pressure that he will have issues as well. I am having a love/hate relationship with TTA right now. 

AFM: I am doing ok this week (outside of this nasty cold) and am starting to feel like my old self. I still have triggers that get me upset but they seem to be less and less. I am excited yet nervous about my upcoming RE appointment on Dec 17th. I am scared they are not going to find anything wrong yet scared they are. This whole thing is such a mind fuck. I have been pretty diligent about the temping so now I am just trying to learn all I can from the lessons that FF is sending me :) 

QOTD: I tend to over share, I am an open book (people know my mood with just one look), I can be a bit raunchy at times, I am very wordy (it's hard for me to type a simple sentence, I always feel the need to say more), I am overly sensitive sometimes, I worry way too much, I over analyze (EVERYTHING), I genuinely care about people (to the point where people don't think I am being genuine and that really irks me), I am always smiling (I love making others smile as well), I am a good listener to whoever needs it, I tend to put others before myself (which has caused me to be walked all over my entire life but I never learn), and I seem to be the butt of the joke with all my friends (usually because stupid, embarrassing stuff happens to me...often). I am also a pessimist when it comes to situations in my life. Not because I honestly believe bad will always happen but because I have the attitude that if you think things will be shit you won't be as disappointed when they ARE shit. I would love to change that about me :) 

I tend to think I am very similar here as I am IRL..maybe. I don't know. I never really thought about it, I am just myself. 

ETA: my gawd that's long. See? WORDY! lol 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• @pinkcamino – I’m curious (and if I’m prying tell me to just shut the heck up)… Did your husband have the same concerns before your losses?  I’m just thinking that losses have a tendency to change both spouses if that makes sense?  I’ll admit that I’m not the one that presses for sex in our relationship the most.  My DH has been super patient with me and we’ve come up with things like just watching a movie while in just a robe or playing strip poker and none of those with the intention of having sex… just with the intention of being near each other.  If it leads to sex fine, but if it just leads to sex tomorrow night that’s fine too.  I’m not sure if that would be of help to you all but maybe since he’s feeling like he has to perform having some non-sex based sexy time might help?  

It was fine before our losses. It got particularly bad after my 2nd loss. We were benched nearly 18 months from my second loss until 2 months after my septum surgery so I think the pressure to get shit done sorta built up over that time.

Sex wasn't really an issue before this TTCAL - we've tried EOD which usually fails because he still feels pressured when the second day rolls around. I've tried massage (which works most of the time), we've tried naked cuddling (which worked too but now it's sort of old new ya know?).

Honestly, what works best for us is actually trying for ED. With ED sex he doesn't feel as pressured to perform right this minute like he does with EOD. EOD seems to make him feeling like BDing is that much more important because we skipped a day.

YET, with ED BDing there are days when he gets totally freaked out and can't perform at all.

It's just a fucking huge ass fucking mess.
  • @pinkcamino - Hugs.  I'm sorry.  It's hard to add this on top of everything else.  Just know we're here for you and thinking of you.  I'm just glad that you're so willing to work on things and try different things with your H.  It just shows how awesome you are and how understanding you are.  I know, even if he's anxious, he has to appreciate that.  And, well, if ED is what does it for him, then ED it is :-)  

Me 35 / DH 36
    TTC since 09/2009

imageimage

All Welcome

• @PinkCamino thanks for the check in, and I'm sorry things are stressful/difficult right now... I hope you and YH can come up with a way to lessen the anxiety.  ((hugs))

@megrae12 I think your plan sounds amazing, and I'm sure you'll make a wonderfully compassionate counselor

@furrypaws yay for no more poison ivy!!

@jj32 I hope you get your results soon

@bookishmama, I'm glad your numbers are coming down more "normally" ((hugs))

@mrspipp sorry about AF... :(

@mrsg80intn  wow that's so much going on! I hope you can catch a break to catch your breath soon

@readinglove, I hope you get the rest of your results soon!

Nikolie93  good luck at your upcoming RE appointment!

AFM, I have started taking my herbs again, and I'm actually feeling much better and less... hormonally effed up.  So I'm taking that as a positive.  I decided to start temping again this cycle, so there's that.  I also keep having this stupidly optimistic glimmer that there's a (decent) chance that I'd be 13dpo on xmas morning and I could test.  But then the glass half full side of me is saying "for the love... DO NOT test on xmas morning..."  :P

The QOTW is a tough one... I'm very sarcastic in real life.  I have an extremely long fuse, but once it's burned, it's burned forever and there's no going back.  I'm nearly 50% very pragmatic/rational and 50% creative and idealist.  I blame being left-handed and coming from a family of engineers ;)  I don't really like talking about myself, and I would rather respond to most personal questions with humor instead. 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Good afternoon & thank you for the check-in, PC. You are such a rock star; I have no idea how you're managing everything that you are - both on the board and IRL. It is very much appreciated! :x

@HoldingOutHope ~ How are you holding up? Any plans for this holiday weekend?

I'm doing well! Had a lot of fun on our trip last weekend, but it is SO good to be home and back to our routines. I find that I am becoming more and more of a homebody the older I get. And I don't mind! :) We're hosting my sis, BIL and nephew at our house for the weekend, and we will be spending the holiday tomorrow at my parents' place (they're about 30 mins away from me). I've got a good deal of cooking to do tomorrow morning! I technically have to work Friday, but it should be dead. The boys are planning a brewery tour for Saturday, while my sis and I may go see Mockingjay. There will definitely be some drunken "Just Dance" matches on the Wii as well! ;)

QOTD: I am a typical introvert. I am a little standoffish when I first meet people; not because I don't like them, but because small talk exhausts me. I seem rather quiet to people until they get to know me. Once I feel comfortable with a person or group, though - watch out! I can be quite the instigator. ;) Friends usually refer to me as "thoughtful" and an "old soul."

@HoldingOutHope‌
    We are introvert twinsies! image
    Me: 38
    DX:  Adenomyosis, Compounded MTHFR, PAI-1 4G variant

DH: 34
    MFI due to Testicular Cancer

Married March 2012 <3
    IVF w/ICSI #1
    10 little polar bears
    FET #1 with 2 polar bears ~Nov 6, 2013 BFN :(
    FET # 2 with 2 more polar bears ~March 19, 2014 BFP!!!
    Beta 1= 276
    Beta 2= 662
    4/19/14 ~ baby A became an angel
    5/02/14 ~ baby B became an angel
    5/3/14 ~ D&C
    FET #3 with 1 male polar bear ~October 3, 2014
    October 13, 2014 ~ BFN
    Fur Children:  Memphis 3y, Dutch 3y, Marcel 2y, Meadow 1y

January 2015 Siggy Challenge TTCAL
    Animals Interacting with Snow

• @holdingouthope I am glad someone appreciates my personality because it typically drives people crazy :D 

I will send you the RE I am going to!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Thanks for the check in @PinkCamino‌ , and I'm sorry your DH is having some performance anxiety :( my DH has it was well (whenever we come off the bench), and it causes stress in our relationship. I now know and expect that EOD is at best, and that he can usually give me three attempts during our fertile window. It's such a balance between communicating, or over communicating and causing anxiety. Sigh.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• As for me, I'm starting to get prett dang nervous about my surgery. It's in 20 days, and I am trying to keep the crazy out, but it hasn't been going so well. I melted down a couple of nights ago, just out of fear and sadness. I know the risks of complication are low, but it just feels like I've defied the odds this year, and it's never been in my favour :( luckily I'm pretty busy, both at work and home so I don't have too much time to overthink it.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Hi all! I had my egg retrieval Sun and we got 34 eggs, 30 fertilized. But for us the struggle is the genetic testing so we have to wait a few weeks to find out if we have any normal embryos.. hoping for at least a couple!! The waiting is stressing me out and I am already super frustrated because we can't transfer till end of Jan due to the lab being closed in Dec :( It sucks because now I am not in the holiday spirit at all (between having to wait and knowing we had planned on having our baby for the holidays) and I just want Dec to hurry up and be over!!
  • I'm into exam season now, so my posting time has been almost non-existent. I've finished two courses, have three more to wrap up this semester and then I need to start pre-studying for next semester since I have a pretty intense course load coming up.

TTCALR - I have no clue what is going on with me. My temp is still way up above last cycle's coverline (I'm CD18!) which is really odd and it's driving me nuts. My boobs hurt so my progesterone is definitely still up, but I don't have any pain like I get with CL cysts. Definitely not pregnant, even though I am having a lot of similar physical effects, which is really fucking cruel of my body. Stupid body.

Husband and I are weighing our options. I'm not ready to keep trying right at the moment after two consecutive CPs, but I'm not ready to get that IUD put in so we're in temporary limbo.

~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
    Ectopic dx and MTX 2015-01-02.
  • Thanks for the check in @PinkCamino‌! Sorry for the post and run but my in laws are here driving me CRAZY!!

AFM: Trucking along with my papers I just can't wait for the semester to be over!!! Still no freaking AF and whatever they gave me doesn't seem to be inducing it. That would be classic for a delayed AF to push back my surgery.

QOTW: I'm a really good friend and a lot of fun to be around (if I do say so myself)!

imageimageimage
    My FF Chart:
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/490dd7
    TTC #3 since June 2013
    BFP #1 7/21/2013--EDD 3/30/14--D&C 9/24/13
    BFP #2 1/28/14--MC 2/7/14

IUI #1 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #2 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IUI #3 5mg Femara + trigger = BFN
    IVF #1, Stimmed for 12 days, ER 8/22/14, 9 retrieved, 7M, 7F!!  Freeze all due to fluid in uterus.
    FET end of October 2014 cancelled due to fluid in uterus due to possible c-scar defect
    Surgery scheduled 12/12/14 to fix possible isthmocele
    3/26/15 transferred one 8 cell grade 4 embryo and one 6 cell grade 3 embryo = slow rising betas for 2+ weeks = ectopic MTX shot 4/29/15
    Repeat c-scar surgery June 2015
    2nd and last IVF cycle August 2015, stimmed for 12 days, 2 egg retrieved, both mature and both fertilized.  Transferred both 8-cell embryos on Day 3, beta 9/5/15 = BFFN
    MOVING TO ADOPTION!  

•  Sorry for the late reply and not being able to personalize any responses this week.  We are at my parents for Thanksgiving so I'm only getting a few minutes here and there to get online.  We're hanging in there.  DH admitted to me over the weekend that he has been extremely depressed so I've been trying to spend a lot more time with him doing leisure activities and just bonding.  A lot of this year has been so connected to TTC that we are just trying to enjoy TTA until our RE appt. on the 17th.  I think it will be a good break for us.  Not like we could TTC right now anyway because I got a questionable AF 6 days after my CP bleeding stopped.  At least the RE's office thinks it's a new AF but I don't know if it's just spotting.  I would love for my body to just be normal for once.  It's very frustrating.  I will most likely be asking for a HSG at our appt. on the 17th because this is not normal for me.

QOTW: I think that I'm a very loyal, thoughtful, and kind person.  Unless someone is being hurtful towards one of my friends and then I do a complete 180.  ;)
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Hey PC! I love the retro-font of your old laptop - I hope your good one survives the soaking it received.

@buggirl72 ~ How are you? I know you had a crazy week last week! Any plans to take it easy? ((hugs))

Crazy week one is down and I'm finishing up crazy week two. The assignment I have is for just over two weeks and has a hard deadline. They really, really, need people to work this weekend and since my work is so hit and miss, I'll be working tomorrow and probably Saturday. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with 50 hours the next week also and then I'll be off for who knows how long.

Mr. Bug and I are super excited because our order from IKEA came in. We've spent all day building our media cabinet and storage. It's all stuff for our bonus room and my office area. We also ordered our couch for up there (thank you Black Friday deals) which means our actual living room will finally have furniture in it because we can take our old couch and move it back downstairs!

QOTD - In real life I'm pretty quiet until I get to know someone - then I don't shut up :-*

I also have a reputation of being smart, reliable, and nice. :-B

The day the Bump died - Jasper is wise
  • @PinkCamino- Thanks for running the check in. 

I had my HSG on Tuesday and everything was fine.  My left side isn't block, and my RE is baffled am dealing with IF. Sorry I haven't been a good bumpie lately and responding to everyone. I have been feeling depressed. The holidays are a difficult time of year.

QOTW- IRL I am quiet, but I am sarcastic and sometimes act goofy. I usually keep my feelings to myself. I have a soft spot for all animals and wish that I could take them all home.

My favorite holiday is Christmas. My extended family has a huge party.  It's always fun to spend time with my aunts, uncles, and cousins.  It reminds me of when we were all kids.
  • Thanks for the check in @PinkCamino‌ . I'm sorry that you're having a tough time

I'm not going to say much, still wrapping my head around my IVF consult. Nothing major related to my health or state of IF happened, just some stuff that I don't feel comfortable putting out there for everyone to read

Long story short, we're seeking a 2nd opinion

Sorry for being so vague, ladies

(((Hugs))) to whoever needs them

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome

• @dawnstar898‌ I'm so sorry about your father. Mental illness is definitley a bitch. I'm not sure how long he's been dealing with it but if you ever want to talk don't hesitate to reach out to me. My father suffers from bipolar/manic depression and I've been taking care of him since I was 15. It's a rough thing to go through and so hard for people to understand. *hug*

I was actually able to get my dad out of the house to come over for Thanksgiving and he was pretty much a wreck the whole time. Sad to see for sure.

• Hi girls! Random question but I was curious if anyone had heard of the vitamin Inositol? A friend was recommended it after her diagnosis with PCOS and it seemed to help (hey she has a newborn after 2 miscarriages so something worked!)  What I've read about it seems positive not just for those with PCOS as it is supposed to help regulate hormones and ovulation.

I was just curious if anyone knew anything about it? I figured it can't hurt to add in another vitamin!

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"