1st Trimester

Cramping

charlie+7charlie+7 member
edited November 2014 in 1st Trimester
I know I'm just a worrier but having a lot of cervical cramps lately at 9 weeks. Any doctor I've seen previously doesn't seem concerned unless there's bleeding but I can't help worrying. Last scan was at 5 weeks so waiting until 13 weeks for my next scan :-(.

Re: Cramping

• Do you mean like menstrual type cramping?  If so it's quite common and nothing to be concerned about unless you are doubled over in pain or bleeding.
  • I have had the same thing, my doctor says it is normal. Your baby is growing, and all the stretching your body is doing is making you cramp! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker    

• Loading the player...
  • Completely normal. I had it will all pregnancies. With DD it lasted almost until 12 weeks and then the wonderful RLP kicked in. Unless your cramps are debilitating or come with bleeding I wouldn't panic. It's all normal. Welcome to pregnancy.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• What PP said plus make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
  • I'm 5 weeks right now and I've had severe cramping ever since my missed period. I've been extremely concerned about this too, so it's good to see I'm not alone in my panicking. There has been no bleeding, but I've been cramping almost every hour for days now.
  • Thanks for the advice ladies. I think I may need more water too!
  • flibis15 said:
    I'm 5 weeks right now and I've had severe cramping ever since my missed period. I've been extremely concerned about this too, so it's good to see I'm not alone in my panicking. There has been no bleeding, but I've been cramping almost every hour for days now.
    @flibis15 if the pain is severe as you seem to be indicating you need to call your doc/mw.
  • Cramping is a normal thing that some experience in the beginning of pregnancy. I cramped a ton with my son.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"