July 2014 Moms
Options

Day Off

I came back from maternity leave with about double the days off left than I had expected.  I purposefully didn't use them during my unpaid time of leave so I could take some time around the holidays and now have 7 days instead of my expected 3.  I can roll over up to 5 and already have some days in January accounted for, but because of the extra unexpected days, I'm going to use one next Friday for a personal day.  I'm sending the kids into DC and getting a day to myself (minus the breaks I'll need to take for pumping)!  Now, I can't decide what I want to use the day for.  Do I spend it holiday shopping?  Do I finally start a scrapbook for DS (who's now 2 and I've got nothing started for him)?  Do I give myself a spa day?  Do I do any combination of these, or anything else you can recommend?

So, what would J14 do?  If you had a child free day to yourself, what would you be doing with it?

Re: Day Off

• Options
    SPA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I might throw in some shopping also, depending on the crowds.  Also, drinking..I'd do that too. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Holiday shopping.  I think most of mine is going to have to be from Santa Amazon this year.  Fridays will still be busy, but nowhere near the mess that's weekend holiday shopping!  Treat yo' self to some spa relaxation too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sleep in, lunch and drinks with some girl friends, nap and get a massage.
    image.
  • Options
    I'd do some holiday shopping, lunch with a friend, and then end the day with a pedicure!

• Options
    I'd sleep all day long.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Spa & Shopping. And go see the new Hunger Games with DH. We are currently trying to coordinate this.
  • Options
    Sleeping in may be a challenge since I'll have to get up to nurse DD anyway and DC is closer to my work than DH's, so I figured I'd just take them in as usual, but then figure out my day from there.  I'm liking the spa idea more and more.  Just have to figure out what's best to do with a broken foot.  And I will probably do some shopping because I can't remember the last time I went shopping anywhere without a kid in tow.

Ah the possibilities!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"