July 2013 Moms

Toddler hair recommendation

Until now, I have been the one responsible for Feli's hairdo (usually the whale spout. Quick'n easy). If we don't do her hair, she looks like this:
I have been pushing for a haircut but BF has this visceral reaction to bowl cuts (in his world, everything with straight bangs) and so far, no luck. Easy for him to say, as he's not doing her hair every morning. And the times I gently suggested to him to perform morning hairstylist duties I was sorry I did. Anemic cactus comes to mind in describing whatever that thing on Feli's head was supposed to be.

So. Ladies of J13, halp! Please show me haircuts that will pass the "Daughter's hair is sacred" committee!
She will tolerate hair clips. For one minute if she catches me putting them in and 10 if I distract her immediately afterwards. (And 12 if they're adorable crocodiles...you know who you are).
I was thinking of something like these (see below) but am open to suggestions. We're on a timeline here because I'll be OOT for a week soon. And I dread to think what will greet me upon my return.

imageimage

The original: Aug2013
The remix: Feb2017
The encore: coming Oct2019

Re: Toddler hair recommendation

• @sparkymcgee: how do you get her to sit still for that? the side braid just might work....maybe? if she doesn't try to run off.

• Loading the player...
  • @sparkymcgee: how do you get her to sit still for that? the side braid just might work....maybe? if she doesn't try to run off.

We use distraction. It's easier now that she's 3 but it's still needed. We watch our favorite tv show. We do it during breakfast. We let her use the ipad. I also let her pick the colors in her hair or her hairstyle. You have to learn to be fast but if she starts getting used to it then it tends to go quicker. Like if I go a week without doing much to her hair it takes longer than just a minute or two but if I do it everyday she knows to expect it and it's more routine so she puts up with it better. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Yet another reason I'm glad I have a boy. :P He just had his FIFTH haircut a couple of weeks ago because his bangs were in his eyes yet again.

I like the idea of the angled bangs. Then it's not really a bowl cut, but more styled.
    There are pros to both. With Eliza all I have to do is brush it and do a quick pony (that doesn't even need distraction). With Isaac I need to get his hair trimmed all the time. We have to go at least once a month. I still style it some as well because he looks like a little man and it's adorable. So I spend more money on him but a bit more time with her. There are pros to both. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • :-h :D
    I haven't had G's hair cut yet because I also hate straight across bangs but I'm going to get over it soon and have it done.
    With you going oot for a week, will he be doing these hairdo's?

• edited November 2014
    Bald faction over here, too, but I saw a pixie cut on a toddler the other day that was incredibly cute. Will google around and see if I can find anything like it...

ETA: there are some cute ones here: https://www.pinterest.com/esfletcher/little-girl-haircuts/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are team Pebbles. Everyday. Whoops. Wrong pic.

Us too!
    Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • @econmama‌ Nooooo. Don't cut the curls! Messy, curly hair is the best!!
  • I'm in the minority here with straight bangs....her hair is really long though so doesn't look like a bowl cut. I'm going to try out these side ponies you guys have posted though, they're super cute!!

Karen - 36      DH - 39

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @alicia0817 - we tried a few months ago. Emphatically not a success. Maybe it's time to try again.

• I think her hair is so pretty. I wouldn't cut it :)
  • I have been trying to figure out what to do with this too. I am so not a hair and make up person so I'm very lost. I don't want to cut her hair yet because I'm traumatized by own childhood of having Prince Valiant hair.

She won't leave barrettes in her hair anymore so I've been experimenting with pigtails. I can do 2 on the sides with one in the back, but anytime I put her in the car she pulls them out. If I can just get through this phase long enough for her front hair to grow past her ears!
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • She's so cute! Love her. What kind of clips do you use? Have you tried these? There's not a bow sticking out so it's harder to grab on...image

Alexa keeps the bow clips in, but pulls her headbands down a lot more often these days. I love Feli's hair!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My little love was born July 20th, 2013!

BFP 11.11.12

TTC #1 Since March 2012

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"