Trouble TTC
Options

Kind-of Newbie Introduction

Hi everyone!
I'm a newbie but not a newbie. I was on a few years ago, but I don't remember my screen name or password. 
First of all, I'm sorry to everyone that has to be on this board. Being a 3-Ter is the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with. Anyway here's a bit about my TTC background...
I have PCOS, diagnosed when I was 17 or 18 after years of not getting my period. I knew even then that there was something wrong with me, but I didn't want to admit it. I was fat, covered in greasy zits and felt pretty gross all the time. 
I met my husband, got married, and decided to have a baby. When I look back now, I feel so stupid because I thought it would be easy. 
I started taking metformin prescribed by my family doctor after six months (SIX MONTHS) of not having a period after getting off birth control. She didn't seem concerned with me not having a period for that long, so neither was I (as I'm sure you all know, YOU SHOULD NEVER GO THAT LONG WITHOUT A PERIOD.)
Anyway the metformin did nothing to help me get my periods. So after 6 more months of not having a period (so I went one whole year without a period under docotr supervision) I wisened up and...went to a gynocologist for my fertility treatment...
So the doctor gave me clomid. Unmonitered, clomid. When 50 mg didn't work, he bumped it to 100, then 150 then 200. Becuase I was ovulating, just not getting pregnant. I had convinced myself for some reason that going to him would be much cheaper and more reasonable than going to an RE. When I got my bill  from my first visit, it was 700 dollars. One ultrasound, and a consultation was 700 freaking dollars (our insurance doesn't cover infertility.) I thought that was everything, but then I got the bill for my blood draw and it was another 400 dollars!!! This perhaps isn't much compared to what some people have spent, but for what I was getting, it was too much. OBGYNs will save you nothing and won't help you get pregnant like an RE.
So we had to take a break for awhile because my husband lost his job. I decided that maybe we weren't ready. So we waited a while. Almost a year. And finally we went to an RE.
So when I had my first consultation ultrasound,the RE informed me that my lining was thinned almost to non existance. I couldn't believe it, and I wish I could go back in time and slap myself over and over again until I understood what I was doing. We were wasting money and hurting my body going to a gynocologist without monitering. He handed me clomid like a hot dog vendor hands out hot dogs. Without a second look.
I was warned (on here) not to go to OBGYN for fertility. And so here I am now, still struggling. 
Anyway, my name is Ellie, and I am going on 26 next year. I feel sort of strange looking back and realizing how long its been for me. People who were "trying" around the same time I was ALL have 3-4 year olds now. My 42 year old aunt just announced she was pregnant with her 4th. I know I'm still young, but I feel like it's too late for some reason, and I will never get to be a mom.
Hope my introduction wasn't too long, and I hope someone out there will read about my experience and learn something from it! It was painful to write out but also sort of refreshing :)
Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
The Christmas Story

Re: Kind-of Newbie Introduction

• Options
    Welcome to 3T. I hope you have a short stay!

****Loss in Sig****
    3T Sig Challenge: New Year's Resolutions

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Marie Curie

Married 2010, together since 2006. TTC for #1 since March 2012, actively charting since November 2013
    March 2014 - HSG left tube blocked, right tube partially blocked bilaterial partial obstruction; onward to the RE in April
    May 1, 2014 - Lap surgery and chromopertubation; Dr removed a bit of endo, but everything looks healthy & tubes are clear!
    May 2014- First medicated cycle, 2.5mg femara+TI; BFN
    June 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI
    on 6/18= BFP on 6/28!; C/P on 7/3
    July 2014- 2.5mg femara + IUI #2 on 7/18. Starting progesterone 7/23, bfn
    August 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI # 3 on 8/15. BFN
    Tx break
    IVF #1 -
    12/1 - TOT & SIS- RE found a polyp
    12/15 - Hysterscopic surgery to remove the polyp; additional polyps found and removed

12/29- Good baseline u/s, 12 antral follies
    12/30- Started stimming
    1/10 - ER: 17 retrieved, 14 fertilized!
      My Ovulation Chart - No data,  just meds
  • Options
    Welcome.  I'm very sorry you find yourself here (and after such a rough journey), but hopefully your stay will be short.  Good luck!
    Me: 31 (PCOS) possible right tube issues DH: 36 (SA normal) 
    Started dating in 2006, Married 2012 
    TTC since November 2013 
    First RE visit due to irregular periods: June 2014
    Lap/Hysto to remove polyps, cyst and tube blockage 11/6
    Cycle 1 (Dec. 2014) TI with Clomid, Trigger, & Progesterone CX due to no response
    Impatiently Waiting CD1 to try again with Fermara Back on the bench due to giant cyst,
    who know I'd ovulate on my own after a cancelled cycle and end up with a mega cyst :(
    All Welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome. I too had a Dr. tell me 6 months without a period really wasn't an issue (how can doctors do this after all their years of training?). Glad you found us and that you are seeing an RE.
    That's what I wonder too. People who aren't even doctors were telling me that's not okay. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

The Christmas Story

• Options
    I'm sorry you have to be here and for all you've been through, but welcome and good luck!
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    Welcome. I'm sorry that you are dealing with the aftermath of unmonitored Clomid. I, too, was warned on here about taking it unmonitored, didn't listen, wound up in the hospital with a ruptured cyst and, as a result, have only had the chance to do a total of 2 (including the one that caused the cyst) treatment cycles in the last 6 months. I risked my reproductive health  and cost myself so much time because I was an idiot impatient. 

Obviously I know my shit now, but I feel ya on the looking back and wanting to slap yourself over and over again. All you can do is learn from your mistake and push forward. Trust us, we know what we're talking about. ;) FX that the lining issue isn't permanent and that your stay here is short and sweet.
    I'm glad I am not alone in dealing this kind of experience. Thanks and FX to you as well!
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Options
    Welcome to 3T and I hope your stay with us is a short one. Good Luck
    3T January Siggy Challenge: New Years Resolutions 
    TTC since 10/2010 (Rhythm method since 2007)

Me (33) Sept 2012 - DX Low ovulation/progesterone, Luteal Phase Defect. HSG 5/2012: both tubes are open, cervix and lining look good;
    September 2014 DX Hashimoto's; November 2014: PCOS IR

DH (37) Sept 2012 SA Normal; October 2014 Mild MFI count 42 Million, Motility 36%, Morphology 2%. Clomid 50mg,
    2004 Cyrosurgery, LEEP
    May 2012 - HSG Clear; June 2012 - Appointment with RE
    July 2012 - October 2012 - Clomid 50mg W/ TI & Progesterone 3 mature follicles- BFN
    January 2013 IUI #1 (900,000 post wash) Clomid 50mg, TI & Progesterone 2 mature follicles - BFN
    February 2013 IUI #2 (1.3 Mil post wash) Clomid 50mg, TI & Progesterone 4 mature follicles - BFN
    March 2013 IUI #1-3 (2.5 mil post wash) Clomid 50mg, Baby Aspirin (lining thinned) TI & Progesterone - 2 mature follicles BFN
    April 2013 Benched due to cyst, May 2013 WTF appointment
    June 2013 DH SA mild MFI break for 2 months to re-test; August 2013 - DH SA 36 Mil count, 36% Motility, Morp 2%
    September - December 2013 - Mental sanity Break
    January 2014 - IUI #4 switches to natural due to scheduling conflict Femara TI & Progesterone - 1 mature follicle - BFN
    May 2014-June 2014 - DH Appointment w/ Urologist to check Bi-lateral Varicocele; 2nd opinion w/ another urologist - bi-lateral varicocele dx is slight no surgery
    July 2014 DH starts clomid 25mg daily SA 53.8 Mil count, Motility 37%, Morph 3%;
    September 2014 DH Repeat SA after being on clomid for 3 months 42 Mil Count, Motility 36%, Morph 2%
    October 2014 Me: Hashimoto's DX, DH taken off clomid;
    November 2014 Me: new RE PCOS IR Diagnosis
    December 2014: IUI #4 Follitism 75iu 7 days, TI, IUI & Progesterone, BFMFN

January 2015: IUI #5
    Gonal-F 75iu 7 days, TI, IUI & Progesterone, Another BFMFN onto IUI #6

• Options
    Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Welcome. Hope your stay is short and sweet. I am going on three years without AF. Mine was due to different circumstances but I understand where you are coming from!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Welcome and GL! As someone who has PCOS, and has been through some bad Clomid experiences I can relate! I've only been on here a few days but I have to say the ladies here are insanely knowledgeable, helpful and fun.

Married DH 11/10/2012
    Started TTC journey 12/1/2012
    Basic Testing began 10/2013
    dx PCOS 11/2013 (hormones normal but ultrasound showed polycystic ovaries)
    Clomid cycle #1 11/2013 BFN
    Clomid cycle #2 12/2013 BFN (caused large cyst that burst, OUCH!)
    Referred to RE 1/2014
    HSG test 2/2014.....clear highways ;-)
    DH SA, low motility
    BFP 3/2014 ended as CP
    trying naturally ever since
    will be going back to RE January of 2015 
  • Options
    Welcome! Good luck! :)
    ***pregnancy and loss mentioned***

Me: 31 DH: 31
    Dx: unexplained IF
    TTC since March 2013 
    IUI#1 with OB: BFN (April 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#2 with OB: BFN (June 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#3 with OB: BFN (July 2014 - clomid 50mg)
    IUI#4 with RE: BFN (August 2014 - clomid 50mg, ovidrel 250mcg, Crinone 8%)
    IVF #1 with pICSI in November
    ER 11/13 - 14R, 13M, 11F
    ET 11/19 - 2 grade AA hatched blasts transferred
    Beta #1: 58 - BFP!!, Beta #2: 140, Beta #3: 347, Beta #4: 931
    First u/s 12/19 - baby measuring 6w4d with HR of 116
    Second u/s 12/29 - baby measuring only 7 weeks, no heart beat detected
    01/02/15 - misoprostol administered vaginally

• Options
    Welcome! I am so sorry for what you have gone through. It's so frustrating that doctors (GPs, and even OBs!) don't understand how to take care of a woman's body and health.

I am so glad you are in the hands of an RE now. I am sure he/she will take good care of you, get your lining back up to snuff, and keep you safe. After so many years, I also have the feeling that we will never get a BFP. But I keep "going through the motions" because inside, I know that many people do have success with treatment. :)

And if it helps - women with a dx of PCOS tend to have the highest levels of success with treatment compared with couples with other diagnoses. 
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Welcome! I am so sorry for what you have gone through. It's so frustrating that doctors (GPs, and even OBs!) don't understand how to take care of a woman's body and health.

I am so glad you are in the hands of an RE now. I am sure he/she will take good care of you, get your lining back up to snuff, and keep you safe. After so many years, I also have the feeling that we will never get a BFP. But I keep "going through the motions" because inside, I know that many people do have success with treatment. :)

And if it helps - women with a dx of PCOS tend to have the highest levels of success with treatment compared with couples with other diagnoses. 
    Thank you, and good luck to you as well. Yes I have heard that PCOS is easier to treat which does make me feel better!!
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Options
    Hi and welcome. I too have PCOS. Hope you're stay is short and sweet :)

***SIGGY WARNING***

Me (26) & DH (26)
    Dog Momma to 2 amazing furbabies
    Started dating: May 6, 2005 & Married: August 4, 2012
    Diagnosis: PCOS

September 2013 - January 2014: Not trying but not preventing
    February 2014:
    Officially TTC (BBT, OPKs, etc)
    February-August 2014: Irregular Cycles, U/S showed Fibroids/Cysts, Provera required to get AF, BFNs
    September & October 2014: Testing Months with Reproductive Endocrinologist!
    DH's SA: Normal (116.4 million sperm, 97% motility, 36% morphology) - WHO criteria
    DH's Repeat SA: Poss. Low Morph. (138 million sperm, 73% motility, 8% morphology) - Kruger criteria
    HSG and SIS: Normal (tubes clear)

Medicated Cycle:
     5mg Letrozole + Trigger Injection + TI = BFP!!

ESTIMATED DUE DATE: AUGUST 13, 2015

Beta #1: 12/8 - 1,040 Beta #2: 12/10 - 2,902 Beta #3: 12/16 - 19,321
    Ultrasound #1: 12/12 (5 weeks 1 day) - Gestational sac and yolk sac present
    Ultrasound #2: 12/18 (6 weeks 0 days) - Measuring good, heart rate 99
    Ultrasound #3: 12/26 (7 weeks 1 day) - Measuring good, heart rate 150

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the support. Hope all YOU won't be here much longer, either. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010

The Christmas Story

• Options
    Welcome! Glad you are back! 

I totally agree with everyone else that OBs suck at infertility issues! When I hadn't had a period in 6 months, my OB just shrugged it off and said, no problem, we can fix that with clomid! She did have me to an US, DH do a SA, and blood work before actually prescribing the clomid, but it was unmonitored except for a P4 test at CD 21... When she saw I ovulated on 100mg, her nurse, not even the doctor, just said "okay, take this for the next 4 cycles and call us when you're pregnant!" Saw that as a huge red flag, and I literally hung up the phone and made an appointment with a RE.

I really hope you have a positive experience, and we are all here for you when you need someone to listen! 
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

Me: 28, PCOS 
    DH:29 (SA normal)
    Married June 2012
    TTC since Nov. 2013 
    Met with OBGYN to discuss lack of AF....

May 2014: Metformin 500mg
    July 2014: Clomid 50mg, never O'd
    Sept 2014: Clomid 100mg, O'd (yay!) CD21, BFN - Discovered OB sucks, made appt with RE
    Oct/Nov 2014: 1st appt with RE, Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Nov/Dec 2014: HSG(all clear), Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFP!! EDD 8/29/15
    Beta #1 = 755
    Beta #2 = 1208

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome! Glad you found us but hope you don't have to stick around long :)
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    Welcome. Is it easy to build your lining? What about acupuncture or other alternative nourishing treatments?
    TTC#1 since Aug 2013, I'm 37, DH 41.  
    Maya Arvigo Abdominal massage (daily self care), plus TTC meditations.
    I'm very sensitive to diet (gluten, avoid processed foods) and environment. Have a history of inflammation and tendinitis before going off gluten in 2009.  
    July 2014 - RE Visit #1: Eggs look good, Endometrioma on R ovary, HSG showed blocked R tube close to ovary. DH SA normal 
    DX: Endometriosis probably the IF cause and gunking up tubes.  Since egg reserve is high, RE says I can wait a couple months and then get laproscopic surgery to remove endo & clear tube.  If that doesn't help then move to IVF. 
    Dec 2014 - Saw new RE - does not recommend surgery on tube as it isn't likely to help.  Doubts I have endometriosis.  My endometrioma shrunk to neglible size (yay!) 
    Seriously considering IVF in March/April
    12/17/14 - Natural BFP! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"