October 2014 Moms

C-Section Recovery Check-In **Nov. 24**

How far out are you from your surgery? How are you doing in general?

What challenges did you face this past week? What did you accomplish that made you feel great? What do you hope to accomplish this week?

Are you buying any new clothes for the post-partum stage?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: C-Section Recovery Check-In **Nov. 24**

• 7 1/2 weeks. Feeling good.

Challenge: We drove over six hours to the in-laws' for Thanksgiving week. That was a long time strapped into the car for both me and the baby.

Accomplishment: This week I started working out a little. I've mostly been doing some basic rehab-level exercises for my core and body weight squats and push-ups, but today I did a couple of moves with real weights, so that was fun! I hope to do more this week.

I'm super tempted to buy a pair of jeans that fit, even if they're only good for a few weeks. I have been able to get one pair on, but I feel like a stuffed sausage in them. It makes me feel great to wear real jeans, though.
  • I'm just over 5 weeks. Went out for a nice walk today with DS and the Ergo since the weather was nice but in general I haven't been active given the weather. The main challenge is the significant burning sensation on the skin above the incision. Anything lightly touching the skin lightly or even feeling cold is very uncomfortable. Also feeling cold all the time even when it's not. Bought some new clothes from lululemon to get back into the mindset of being active. The pants have a nice compression and a higher waistband that help everything feel "put together" and helps minimize the burning sensation. I hope to get confirmation from my dr next week that healing is going well and the confidence and motivation to work out.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 7 weeks and a few days out. Feeling really good overall.

My main challenge is post partum sex. We have tried twice unsuccessfully. I don't get why it's so uncomfortable, it's like stuff's all moved around down there and it's too tight.

As for successes, I completed Week One of Couch to 5k and am feeling really good with that. I also make sure to do planks a few times a day.

I went for a nice long walk today because it was gorgeous out, but I hope to complete Week Two this week. Not sure if it will happen with the holiday though.

I have bought a couple of cute nursing shirts but that's really it. I bought a size up pair of jeans after DS1 was born so I've been wearing those out anytime I need to get dressed. Otherwise I'm still in sweats and leggings around the house.
    PM me for blog link!

Lilypie - (oGcT)Lilypie - (iEmQ)  
  • I'm about 5.5weeks out. Feeling pretty good.

Challenge is that since my incision and everything up front feels good, I'm overdoing it and now my back hurts. I think it's from overcompensating for the lack of core muscles.

Accomplishment is DD and I went out for 6hrs today. I wore her in the ergo most of it and got a lot of walking in. Looking forward to being cleared for real exercise on Monday.

I have some larger pants from 2nd tri that I needed to get so those fit. Plus I will wear a couple of maternity pants to work for the few days I go back before the holidays. I have bought some nursing tanks. I also bought a couple of sweaters with button fronts to make NIP easier.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married 11/5/11
  • I am 4 weeks out and doing pretty good, as long as I don't over do it.

My challenge has been restricting what I do, when I feel ok. But I know as soon as I do too much, it can get ugly quick.

My accomplishment was getting out and walking a few miles around the mall once this week. I haven't been cleared for exercise, but walking has to be good...right?

I put on a pair of pre pregnancy jeans last weekend and they fit fine standing up but we're a little uncomfortable to sit in. I am plus size so I was really careful with weight gain, and I am actually down about 10 lbs from before I got pregnant but my core is just so loose and floppy that most clothes aren't that flattering.
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far out are you from your surgery? How are you doing in general?
    I'm 7 weeks. Doing ok. Still gave some pain and bleeding. Random bruising on my upper leg but don't know if it's related. Called Dr about bleeding and they want to do a sonogram tomorrow. I'll mention the bruising then too.

What challenges did you face this past week? What did you accomplish that made you feel great? What do you hope to accomplish this week?
    No real challenges related to the surgery but still having issues with bf. Seeing a lc tomorrow. I was able to bf in the truck without my pillow today which was a win.

Are you buying any new clothes for the post-partum stage? Not yet. I should soon though. Will probably just go to goodwill as I plan on eventually fitting into my previous pregnancy clothes.
  • I'm almost 16 weeks out (preemie baby) and I feel pretty good except .. I thought I was far enough out too e furniture and it was a reality check that I need to take it easy still , next day was very sore .
    Just started working out again that's an accomplishment for me :)
    7 weeks - feeling a little better about the scar some days.

DH and I DTD now that my doc cleared me. While it wasn't the most earth shattering sex we've ever had, it was nice to see that he wasn't phased by the scar at all and wasn't repulsed like I was (stupidly) afraid he would be. Doc also said I'm clear to start slowly getting back into working out once I get to 8 weeks PP!

Not planning on it. I have limited my wardrobe to basically yoga pants and leggings so they don't rib on and irritate my scar. If need be I can get away with jeans for a couple of hours. I'm finding that the hardest thing is finding shirts that I can comfortably NIP. For me the boob has to come out of the neck line because I'm not comfortable pulling my shirt up and over the boob.
    Almost 6 weeks. Some days I feel normal, except for a heaviness in my lower abdomen, which might happen with women who gave birth vaginally, I'm not sure. I'm able to run a very, very slow 3.5 miles now. 

After running on Sunday, I almost felt like I had a bladder infection or something. Pain was really low in my pelvis. It went away in a day, so I guess it was just something weird. The weird pain is back when I pee--of feeling like I'm ok when my bladder is full, but as I pee, everything shifts down and it hurts, sort of like cramps. Just a general soreness that really just feels like I'm about to start my period. I lost 4 pounds last week. I had hoped for more, but. It is what it is. I still have a long way to go. Upcoming challenge is thanksgiving. 

Absolutely not. I think there's something to be said for the "dress for the size you are" mentality. However, I'm of the mindset that if I buy clothes that fit me now, I will have no reason to lose weight to get into the old clothes. If I literally have nothing that fits, I have no choice. 
  • About 5.5 weeks since my c section. Doing well overall. Been getting some deep shooting pains in my pelvic area, thinking it may be nerves reconnecting but it comes and goes.

Biggest challenge is trying to work with my hubby to find a good balance in carring for lo

Yes I did buy 3 new pieces 2 shirts and a dress for some upcoming holiday events. Tried to get jeans but I still have to much if a stomach to find any that fit well so I am staying in mat jeans for now
  • meagpt22 said:

@starla487‌ take strips off in shower..the longer they are on the increase risk of smell/infection. I was afraid too but the shower helped it and my skin still being numb also helped. I had no pain.

@meagpt22‌ I am 4 weeks post CS and I still have some strips...but I was told to just let them fall off when they fall off...
    July Siggy Challenge: Fireworks Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"