Trouble TTC
Options

trying to conceive anybody ever use clomid?

I have pcos ...Well I have been TTC for a year now so I was put on metformin 1000mg and clomid 100 mg.

Started clomid on Nov 5 finished Nov 10

I believe I definitely ovulated however the ovulation test had showed positives for 8 days straight... Weird I don't know why.....

I believe I'm 10dpo around there I'm new to all this..

So as of two days ago November 22
I have so far got a yeast infection
Severe lower back pain
Cramping
Very sore nipples
Swollen breast
Weird bumps on my areolas
Diarrhea everyday
Nauseous every time I eat
And also my veins are getting very noticeable every where especially around the girls.

Did clomid cause all of this?
I honestly just don't believe that I could be pregnant being this is my first round of clomid.

Please any body who knows anything please let me know....

BTW..I did not temp at all during this

Re: trying to conceive anybody ever use clomid?

• Options
    I've never been on it, but I hear clomid is a bitch. It can cause a bunch of crappy symptoms.

Are you being monitored by an RE? You should know if you have ovulated by ultrasound, not just using OPK's. After TTC for a year, you should be referred to an RE. I would def ask for a referral ASAP.

GL with your journey!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Every one of those side effects sounds like my normal post-ovulation (except for the yeast infection - but Clomid dries up mucous so perhaps it makes you more prone?).

Lots of OPK+'s are common with PCOS.

Clomid can be very dangerous to your health and reproductive goals (bursting cysts, thinned lining that embryos could never implant on, multiple follies creating a dangerous number of fetuses, or even not ovulating and not even  knowing it).

It is essential that you stop taking unmonitored Clomid and work with an RE who will take good care of you, test everything to make sure that PCOS is not the only cause of IF, and protect you.

Also, the only way to know if Clomid worked for you (and what DPO you are, and when to expect a period, and if it's safe to TTC with the number of mature follies you have, and whether you lining is thick enough to allow pregnancy, etc.) is to monitor your follicle development by ultrasound.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My symptoms with both Clomid and Femara cleared up within a day or two of finishing them up. No, these are not caused by the drugs.

You would know if and when you ovulated if you were being monitored by an RE through ultrasounds and blood work. 

Agree with everyone else, see an RE and stop taking fertility drugs unmonitored. You won't have so many unanswered questions or be so misinformed if you were under an RE's care.

Diagnosed PCOS 2013
    7th Round of Fertility treatment (Femara + Ovidrel + IUI) 12/14 = BFP. DS born Sept.15 
    Natural BFP Feb 2017. DD born Oct. 2017
    Natural BFP Aug. 2019, EDD April 2020

• Options

Here's the deal: we are not your personal google. If you plan to hang around here, cool. Do a proper intro instead of just rattling off symptoms and hoping to be told you are KU. Because that is exactly what this seems like, to me. A round about way of asking if we think you're KU by asking if pregnancy-like symptoms could be a result of a fertility medication you took weeks ago. The only thing that will be able to tell you if the symptoms you are experiencing are the result of you being KU is a pregnancy test. If you have enough hCG in your system to cause symptoms, the test should be positive. Please don't let us know if it is. Head over to 1st Tri or your BMB.
    I only scanned the OP and thought the same thing.
    OP- listen to Ketchup and other pp about seeing an RE. Also, get a copy of "Taking Charge Of Your Fertility." Medicated cycles can cause issues with regard to temping, etc., but knowledge is power. Having a basic understanding of your fertility will help you immensly.

****Loss in Sig****
    3T Sig Challenge: New Year's Resolutions

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less."

Marie Curie

Married 2010, together since 2006. TTC for #1 since March 2012, actively charting since November 2013
    March 2014 - HSG left tube blocked, right tube partially blocked bilaterial partial obstruction; onward to the RE in April
    May 1, 2014 - Lap surgery and chromopertubation; Dr removed a bit of endo, but everything looks healthy & tubes are clear!
    May 2014- First medicated cycle, 2.5mg femara+TI; BFN
    June 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI
    on 6/18= BFP on 6/28!; C/P on 7/3
    July 2014- 2.5mg femara + IUI #2 on 7/18. Starting progesterone 7/23, bfn
    August 2014- 2.5mg femara + hCG + IUI # 3 on 8/15. BFN
    Tx break
    IVF #1 -
    12/1 - TOT & SIS- RE found a polyp
    12/15 - Hysterscopic surgery to remove the polyp; additional polyps found and removed

12/29- Good baseline u/s, 12 antral follies
    12/30- Started stimming
    1/10 - ER: 17 retrieved, 14 fertilized!
      My Ovulation Chart - No data,  just meds
  • Options
    Exactly it was giving by obgyn
  • Options

Exactly it was giving by obgyn

Use the quote button. We are aware it was an OBGYN, because an RE wouldn't be this negligent. Stop trying to be the next octomom and look out for your health....which starts with not asking a group of infertile strangers if you could be pregnant.
    Love 2010 | Marriage 2011 | TTC #1 since 2012
    PCOS | Anovulatory | Metformin + Letrozole
  • Options
    See  a RE. I am so tired of seeing post after post about unmonitored fertility meds from strangers to this board. Come on.. if you can google your "pregnancy symptoms" then google taking fertility meds without monitoring and see what comes up. Stop posting crap about wondering if you are KU.
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Hi, you shouldn't be taking clomid without being monitored. That's all I can really say. As for your symptoms, they could be caused by clomid, but they might not as well. An RE would answer these questions for you. GL. 
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    First of all your wrong I wasn't asking you if I could be pregnant obiously I took a test and know I'm not pregnant I was asking for peoples in site who have used this medicine before so why don't you get a life and stop responding so rudely if you haven't used it don't respond at all OK point blank its not your concern I didn't ask you directly nor do I know you or care to know your ignorant personality so with that said go get laid ms uptight
  • Options
    Not really one sided I'm new on here and haven't really spoken to anyone cause no one generally has anything nice to say first off yes I'm taking clomid prescribed by my gyn yes the ladies are right I have not seen a re but bare with me I'm new I simply went to my doctor had a bunch of blood work and ultrasounds and in the end she prescribed me clomid and metformin and set me a appt for dec 1st that was all I thought it was just to produce ovulation which I don't do on my own didn't know all the other stuff that came with it nor did she tell me these things she made it seem simple and yes shame on me for not researching but I guess I put my judgement in my doctors hands ..I know better next time.
  • Options
    OK I understand what your saying,however I am new to this and I was worried like I said on the other comment shame on me for not researching a med giving to me I know better next time. Its just been a horrible experience for me and every time I call the gyn all the nurse says is your fine we will follow up on your next appt Dec 1st. But I don't feel fine and I just wanted to know if anyone experienced this as well to put my mnlind at ease without feeling so worried. I went to the ER once since this started cause I was feeling terrible the only info I was giving was a dominate follicle in my right ovary I guess this is a cyst. But otherwise they say nothing is wrong.
  • Options
    Listen get a fucking life I posted from my phone as I'm not home and I'm at work and I text fast please sweat heart go fucking kill yourself. Really your hype cause you corrected pronunciation get a life I feel bad for you I hope you find a hobby to make up for your retardation.
  • Options
    pinkdoggiepinkdoggie member
    edited November 2014
    "First of all your wrong I wasn't asking you if I could be pregnant obiously I took a test and know I'm not pregnant I was asking for peoples in site who have used this medicine before so why don't you get a life and stop responding so rudely if you haven't used it don't respond at all OK point blank its not your concern I didn't ask you directly nor do I know you or care to know your ignorant personality so with that said go get laid ms uptight"
    (sorry my quote button isn't working on my phone)

Unfortunately you can't ask questions like this and then not expect people to get irritated. Also, you can't tell people how to respond to your question, rudely or not. And I have a life, thank you for your concern.
    Me: 25 Dh: 25 Married since July, 2011
    Diagnosed with PCOS 2010
    TTC since December, 2011 (SA is Normal)
    2012-tried natural w/Metformin 1500 mg
    11/12 -Saw an OB, bloodwork revealed everything normal except for highish blood sugar levels
    1/13: Clomid 50 mg - No response
    2/13: Clomid 100 mg O'd BFN
    3/13: Clomid 100 MG O'd BFN
    4/13-6/13: Clomid 150/200 mg O'd BFN 
    Stopped treatment because of money issues and began to try naturally again from June-October 2013
    Benched until November 2014 - Started seeing RE, discovered that lining was very thin
    November 2014: Started Femera 5 mg -No response BFN >:(
    December 2014: Upping Femera, injectables are the next step if I respond 
    Also: Changed RE, first appointment on Friday, so treatment is subject to change this month

3T December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Holiday movie scene
    The Christmas Story

• Options
    OK I understand what your saying,however I am new to this and I was worried like I said on the other comment shame on me for not researching a med giving to me I know better next time. Its just been a horrible experience for me and every time I call the gyn all the nurse says is your fine we will follow up on your next appt Dec 1st. But I don't feel fine and I just wanted to know if anyone experienced this as well to put my mnlind at ease without feeling so worried. I went to the ER once since this started cause I was feeling terrible the only info I was giving was a dominate follicle in my right ovary I guess this is a cyst. But otherwise they say nothing is wrong.
    Honestly, you need to get to an RE. Forget those idiots. They are not properly taking care of you. Use the next appointment to ask for a referral. Yes, you may have to pay out of pocket, but it's not worth risking your health over. Seriously.
  • Options
    Thank you finally a comment from a decent person who is respectful yes I will ask for a referral and be done with this gyn.
  • Options
    Listen get a fucking life I posted from my phone as I'm not home and I'm at work and I text fast please sweat heart go fucking kill yourself. Really your hype cause you corrected pronunciation get a life I feel bad for you I hope you find a hobby to make up for your retardation.

***Stuk in box***

I believe those are TOU violations @nariadreaming? @Rumbera28?
  • Options
    What's a matter ladies.....have a sense of humor isn't that what you just told me :)) :)) :)) :-h
  • Options

BlueJoan said:
    You may want to use the quote button or tag whoever seems to be irritating you the most.  We're a very supportive community to those who lurk, introduce themselves and become a part of it.  Visiting three different forums on three different occasions isn't cool when you don't actively participate.  

All of us have full lives and hobbies so no need to worry about that.  I'm also pretty sure you can't tell someone to kill themselves without violating The Bump's TOU. 

@Nariadreaming - Am I correct?
    Pretty sure it's directed at me. I gave her a little snark. I also gave her some advice. OP, this is pretty distasteful. The 'R' word is never okay and suicide is not a joke.
  • Options

Listen "sweat heart" ALL of this is beyond unacceptable!! If you are really having as hard a time as you are saying you should understand that everyone here has been through something equally bad (if not MUCH worse) than you! It is never ok to use the R word. And as someone who has lost both my brother and mother to suicide I find your "insult" heartbreaking! Shame on you!

Married DH 11/10/2012
    Started TTC journey 12/1/2012
    Basic Testing began 10/2013
    dx PCOS 11/2013 (hormones normal but ultrasound showed polycystic ovaries)
    Clomid cycle #1 11/2013 BFN
    Clomid cycle #2 12/2013 BFN (caused large cyst that burst, OUCH!)
    Referred to RE 1/2014
    HSG test 2/2014.....clear highways ;-)
    DH SA, low motility
    BFP 3/2014 ended as CP
    trying naturally ever since
    will be going back to RE January of 2015 
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    This is not appropriate. In fact it is sick. I was happy with being funny and brush off the mild rudeness because you are "new".  What you need to understand is your audience. What happens in situations like this is you basically walked into a room of people and you were insensitive. That is pretty much it. Insensitivity sucks and we don't like it. We don't like it when it comes to our safe place.

This is our safe place and you kind of barged in here and made it a little less safe.

You can chose to learn from this or you can not. It is up to you.

Only you can prevent yourself from being a douche canoe.

Good luck.
    Me 36 Hypothyroid DH 35 Low T, treatment Clomid
    NTNP 1/2013
    SA Results: nothing to count...
    MFI RE 2/14/2014 Rx Clomid
    TTC 4/26/2014
    6/25/2014 DH Low T 132 Switched to Chorionic Gonadotropin hCG injections 2x wk
    7/15/2014 DH Testosterone check 607!
    8/15/2014 DH new SA 1 MILLION!!!!!!
    11/20/2014 DH new SA 2 Million
    DH continues treatment while moving towards Foster to Adopt

Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Let it go, @wishuponachild .. OP was banned. While what she said in response to PPs was disturbing and hurtful, there is no sense in getting yourself worked up at this point. Take off your heels and go pour yourself a glass of wine. Another troll down. 

I'm stuck in here.... I saw she got banned after I posted. Computer is lagging and doing odd things. I think it is fixed. Thanks Ketchup :)
    Me 36 Hypothyroid DH 35 Low T, treatment Clomid
    NTNP 1/2013
    SA Results: nothing to count...
    MFI RE 2/14/2014 Rx Clomid
    TTC 4/26/2014
    6/25/2014 DH Low T 132 Switched to Chorionic Gonadotropin hCG injections 2x wk
    7/15/2014 DH Testosterone check 607!
    8/15/2014 DH new SA 1 MILLION!!!!!!
    11/20/2014 DH new SA 2 Million
    DH continues treatment while moving towards Foster to Adopt

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"