High-Risk Pregnancy

Intro! (LONG)

It looks like I may just be joining you all. This would be Baby #3 for us -- I have twin girls who just turned two a couple of weeks ago. EDD July 29th (I can't change my ticker for the life of me, but I'm just a mere 4 weeks along). 

A little background -- it took us nearly 2 years to conceive our twins. I was annovulatory after coming of nearly a decade on BC. We underwent 18 months/8 rounds of IF treatments, and were one cycle away from moving to IVF when I finally conceived the girls. While it was a 'low-risk', di-di twin pregnancy on paper, it was a really tough one -- I started having non-stop BH contractions at 22w, was on MBR by 26w, pPROM at 28w, and delivered at just over 29 weeks. 81 day NICU stay, DD2 came home on o2, and they both came home with NG tubes. While the NICU stay was long, we have been so lucky to have few lingering impacts of prematurity, and today -- you'd never know they were born at 2.5lbs a piece. 

Fast forward two years -- I finally weaned myself from the pump, and lo and behold, AF arrived. On her own, for the first time without medical intervention in nearly 5 years. COMPLETELY unexpected. I had a list as long as they come as to why this isn't the right time, etc, etc -- but we also didn't know how long we'd have this window of opportunity. We knew if needed IF treatments, we'd be going straight to IVF, only transferring a single embryo at a time, etc -- given we wanted to rule out as much controllable risk of multiples. After a lot of prayer and discussion, we decided to play ball. 

...and here I am. Still a little shocked. 

Given my delivery history with the girls, I will be absolutely high risk this time around. And, given the premature birth, I had to have an emergency classical c/s, which means I will not be allowed to go beyond 36-37 weeks due to risk of rupture (and am not allowed to try for a VBAC). Ironically, we met with my MFM on Friday (just two days before I knew we were pregnant!) to talk through what a hypothetical pregnancy would look like in our case. 

He believes I delivered due to an IC (given the shortening I experienced ~24-26w with the girls). He also believes there's no reason I can't make it to the 36-37w mark (as my fundal height would have been right around there at the point at which the girls were born). 

So, protocol will look like this:

- Cerclage at 13w

- P17 shots starting at 16w (with weekly monitoring & cervical length checks)

- A series of steroid shots st 33/34w (moving to bi weekly monitoring)

....and, god-willing, he believes I could stay off bedrest entirely. First dating u/s on the Monday after Thanksgiving.

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Intro! (LONG)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"