March 2014 Moms

BF MONDAY 11/24

Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

Re: BF MONDAY 11/24

• Firstly it's Monday. You all know I fucking hate Mondays....
    anyways... my BF is that my DS1 woke hubs and I both Saturday and Sunday at 5:30AM....oh and this morning too.... 

• Teething baby.

Plus my brothers wife had a baby sometime overnight and he didn't even send us a text announcing it. My mom texted me inviting us to drive up north with them to visit, so that's how I found out.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I said something to H yesterday while we were driving about not getting all worked up about what other stupid drivers are doing because you can't control other people's stupidity. Half an hour after I said this, we are pulling out of a cluster-f*ck of a parking lot and some woman tried to cut a few cars off and is blocking traffic. H is paying attention to her and drives into the car in front of us. UGH another $500 deductible that we don't have right now...
  • @NewMomma8‌ that would not fly in my house! She needs to learn to respect adults for her own good, as well as yours. Definitely stand up for yourself!

@jcoffeebeans‌ sorry about the wreck! I hit a bear in May and haven't fixed my car bc I can't afford the $1000 deductible. Sucks.

My Bfest, eating healthy sucks. I've been supposed to be improving my diet for a personal trainer. I eat healthy for most of the day, but dinner is so hard to do when you're cooking for others too, and trying to keep the grocery bill down.
  • @NewMomma8‌ that would not fly in my house! She needs to learn to respect adults for her own good, as well as yours. Definitely stand up for yourself! @jcoffeebeans‌ sorry about the wreck! I hit a bear in May and haven't fixed my car bc I can't afford the $1000 deductible. Sucks. My Bfest, eating healthy sucks. I've been supposed to be improving my diet for a personal trainer. I eat healthy for most of the day, but dinner is so hard to do when you're cooking for others too, and trying to keep the grocery bill down.

Quote Box Fail:

Let's talk about this for a moment. Firstly.... did the bear die? And, secondly... you don't hear about this everyday!

• Agreed @laurenann89 eating healthy is so expensive!!  what bothers me most is I eat right, exercise at least 3-4 times a week and I have yet to lose any weight!!  so frustrating,  just want t pint of ice cream now!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I got my hair cut & I hate it. And we have baptism on Saturday...so I'm probably going to hate the pictures :(

I should know better. I usually only like hair cuts about a month after I get them.

I never change my hair immediately before any planned event. At LeAsT a month ahead of time. (It's been over a year since my hair was cut but its had a bit of colour since).
    I've known too many people that changed their hairstyle tight before a wedding or vacation and they regretted it because they couldn't get it to do what they envisioned.
  • My BF: it's raining out yet again. I want to get outside to let DS1 play, but I don't like playing in the rain. :(
    Not to mention LO would probably hate it.
  • @newmomma8 That sucks about your SD. My niece, who is almost 11 has a horrible attitude with her mom! She constantly uses her dad against her mom to get what she wants. My SIL is at a loss. :( 

My bitch is pretty long, so apologies in advance. 

Backstory: FIL tried giving DS pecan pie when he was 6 months old, I asked him NOT to do that, he questioned me why, and I explained that we are just now introducing solid food, and that's not something I want him having yet. MIL was sitting right there when this exchange happened. 
    A couple of weeks ago, MIL called DH to ask if I was mad at her b/c I never ask her to keep DS. Well, the answer to that is I don't ask ANYONE to keep him! I don't go anywhere without him, and I want it that way, it has nothing to do with you. 

Fast-forward to yesterday. We had a birthday lunch for DH's grandmother. DS had eaten before we left, and so I didn't feed him anything while we were eating lunch, even though everyone was commenting how we "should give him this" or, "let him try that" I'm like no thanks, and brushed it off. Well, DH's uncle is holding DS and his grandpa tries to give him a bite of icing from the cake. I was like "no, please don't do that' He said, "oh, he hasn't had this yet? I'm sorry" and put the spoon down. I was a little annoyed, but not that bad. Well, a little while later, MIL gets DS. They are sitting further down the table from us, but I was trying to keep and eye out. I see him holding a metal spoon, and thought that was weird, and then I see her put icing on the spoon, and put it up to his face. I said "oh no, no, no" don't do that" She looked at me and said, "oh, a little won't hurt" and FED IT TO HIM!!!!! Right in front of me, and everyone else after I told her no!! I was livid!!! I grabbed our stuff, grabbed Luke, told DH's grandmother by and left! And, I'm sure she so selfish, she probably doesn't even know I'm REALLY upset with her!! I was ugly crying! It wasn't so much that she fed him icing (which that's an issue) but the fact I told her no, and she did it anyways!! How can I trust her now? How do I know what she's giving him/doing when I'm not there? DH was really upset as well, and we still aren't sure how we are going to go about dealing with this, but it will NOT be swept under the rug!! Ugh, I'm still so upset about it this morning. 

Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• @newmomma8 That sucks about your SD. My niece, who is almost 11 has a horrible attitude with her mom! She constantly uses her dad against her mom to get what she wants. My SIL is at a loss. :( 

My bitch is pretty long, so apologies in advance. 

Backstory: FIL tried giving DS pecan pie when he was 6 months old, I asked him NOT to do that, he questioned me why, and I explained that we are just now introducing solid food, and that's not something I want him having yet. MIL was sitting right there when this exchange happened. 
    A couple of weeks ago, MIL called DH to ask if I was mad at her b/c I never ask her to keep DS. Well, the answer to that is I don't ask ANYONE to keep him! I don't go anywhere without him, and I want it that way, it has nothing to do with you. 

Fast-forward to yesterday. We had a birthday lunch for DH's grandmother. DS had eaten before we left, and so I didn't feed him anything while we were eating lunch, even though everyone was commenting how we "should give him this" or, "let him try that" I'm like no thanks, and brushed it off. Well, DH's uncle is holding DS and his grandpa tries to give him a bite of icing from the cake. I was like "no, please don't do that' He said, "oh, he hasn't had this yet? I'm sorry" and put the spoon down. I was a little annoyed, but not that bad. Well, a little while later, MIL gets DS. They are sitting further down the table from us, but I was trying to keep and eye out. I see him holding a metal spoon, and thought that was weird, and then I see her put icing on the spoon, and put it up to his face. I said "oh no, no, no" don't do that" She looked at me and said, "oh, a little won't hurt" and FED IT TO HIM!!!!! Right in front of me, and everyone else after I told her no!! I was livid!!! I grabbed our stuff, grabbed Luke, told DH's grandmother by and left! And, I'm sure she so selfish, she probably doesn't even know I'm REALLY upset with her!! I was ugly crying! It wasn't so much that she fed him icing (which that's an issue) but the fact I told her no, and she did it anyways!! How can I trust her now? How do I know what she's giving him/doing when I'm not there? DH was really upset as well, and we still aren't sure how we are going to go about dealing with this, but it will NOT be swept under the rug!! Ugh, I'm still so upset about it this morning. 

I'm mad for you!! Your posts about your crazy in laws are the same and I feel so bad for you! They are being so disrespectful to you and the foods they are trying to feed your baby are dangerous! History continues to repeat itself despite your polite warnings, so now I would keep your distance from your in laws for a while. Once you are ready to be around them, they owe you an apology. I wouldn't let them hold LO for a looooong time, or ever, because I really can't deal with ignorant, disrespectful people around my child. And I wouldn't ever let them babysit...ever. You also don't want your child learning bad habits from your in laws, like totally ignoring your requests.

What does your husband think of all of this? I hope he sticks up for you and sets his parents straight.
  • @fish8412 Thanks. and yes, unfortunately, there has been a trend, which I totally don't understand! MIL is a health-freak, supposedly. She won't drink store bought cow's milk, she's stopped putting powdered creamer in her foods b/c of "chemicals," she and FIL have done the HCG diet twice, she tries to eat gluten free, etc. She knows I've only been making his foods and his diet has been very limited thus far. 

My DH is very upset for me. He asked me several time if I wanted him to call her yesterday, and I said no. I was too upset, but now I'm wishing he would have. I'm going to talk to him at lunch. I seriously couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking about it. 

What sucks even more is that now, instead of really getting to enjoy my first Thanksgiving with a child, I'll now be policing everyone. I'll probably wear him the whole time, and not let anyone hold him!! My trust is completely broken with her, and therefore everyone else. :(

@Rad&co I will definitely keep you all updated! 
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• laurenann89laurenann89 member
    edited November 2014
    @yalllow‌ and @Rad&Co‌ it was awful. It was a black bear which are really common where I live. People leave their trash out in the spring and summer and they get into it, especially at night. This means they're crossing roads and in people's yards frequently.

I was leaving my inlaws on Mother's Day with LO and DH and one ran straight into my passenger side. LO started screaming bc it woke him up and he was scared and I started crying because I thought it was a dog. DH went to check it out and it was actually a bear. It was last years cub, so it was close to a year old, and not fully grown, but not a cub. My car is dented pretty bad on the passenger door and it busted a light, but the damage really wasn't all that bad.

It killed the poor bear and the worse part was that his momma had run into the woods ahead of him, so he was following his mom. I cried so hard for the poor guy.

ETA that I forgot Rad&Co won't tag so I've inadvertently tagged whoever Rad is. Oops haha
  • Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

• More BF-ing:
    I went on a 4 hour road trip with my parents & LO today. My baby has refused to nap all day, even in the vehicle! because she can see me when I'm sitting right next to her!! So she's in a piss poor mood, I've had a headache all day.

I'm ready to be home in my own bed.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Update on my bitch:
    So, I talked to MH, and he's going to talk to his mom tomorrow. He said he couldn't do it today because he was still too upset.

He did tell me that he went to lunch with his uncle and was like, "so has your mom recovered?" DH was like huh? He said, "you know, after all those daggers and death stares Monica was sending her." Lol.

I'll update again after he talks to her, and then after she calls me, because I know she will.

• Do they tug their ears with teething too?

They can. Some kids do, some don't.
    It's like fevers and rashes and crankiness and red cheeks...kids aren't all the same when teething.
  • All 4 wisdom teeth out yesterday and AF is in full swing. That is all.

You win.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• NanaCook said:
    All 4 wisdom teeth out yesterday and AF is in full swing. That is all.
    You win.
    Winning BF is a mixed blessing. Feel better soon @disneyaddict1!
  • I feel bad having bitched after reading some of these other ladies. Feel better all of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"