Pregnant after IF

Am I responsible? (R.E Billing)

Every time I went to the RE I paid my co-pay, some things were higher, i.e S.A, tube test, etc.), but regular visits with the vag. wand were my co-pay. So yesterday I receive a bill for the first month I started with the RE, $550. Uh, what? So am I going to receive a bill for the same for every month after that?! (All for regular wand visits) I haven't called them yet, because honestly it's Thanksgiving week, I am going out of town tomorrow for the weekend, and I don't want to ruin my trip. But how the hell can I be responsible for them not coding something correctly & telling me I only owe my co-pay? If I knew it cost that much, honestly I wouldn't have kept going until we saved up more money for each month of treatment.

How do I deal with this? The really sucky part is too, I don't have that insurance anymore, my company changed as of Nov 1st (after I was pregnant)- can I even do anything now?! Help me someone...

My History:
Lots of BFN's & failed IUI's w/clomid and/or femara
Finally BFP with femara & t.i.- son born 6/17/2010
Started TTC again around when DS was 3ish
Lots of BFN's with femara & t.i & ovidrel
Tubes clear, S.A came back low motility but high count
About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.

Re: Am I responsible? (R.E Billing)

• Ugh! Sorry you have to worry about this during Thanksgiving week. Can you view your insurance claims online through the company's website and check out the Explanation of Benefits? You may still have access even though you changed insurance companies. I've gotten bills before after paying my co-pay, but ultimately wasn't responsible for it in the end. Hopefully they just haven't received the insurance portion of the payment. I've had that happen too and by the time I got the next bill, it said $0 owed. That's still the insurance company who covered you for those visits, so yes you can still do something about it with them. Good luck!

MC Sept '10, MC Dec '10, DS born 2012

Clomid + TI = BFP #1 March '13, MC April '13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #1 = BFP #2 10/21/13, MC 10/31/13

Gonal F + trigger + IUI #2 = BFP #3 1/16/14, ectopic w/ heartbeat & rt salpingectomy 1/29/14

IVF #1 - ER 5/9/14 transfer cx'd due to high P4

FET #1 -  6/26/14 transferred 1 AA blast BFP!! Beta #1 13dp5dt - 1548 Beta #2 15dp5dt - 2748 Beta #3 18dp5dt - 7586

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited November 2014
    Step 1: Call your insurance company, figure out if they even billed it (I have received bills they never sent to my insurance), if it was covered or rejected, and what your responsibility is according to the insurance provider agreement. Ask them for a written statement of benefits if they indicate that bill is wrong. Ask them why it was rejected and what would be covered if they rejected it.

Step 2: Call the doctor's office billing people with the info from Step 1. They should either re-bill insurance, adjust the bill, or explain themselves further.

Step 3 depends on how 1 & 2 go. Come back and I will have more info depending on how you've come out of those two steps! I do suggest you call now cuz you'll just worry about it over the weekend regardless, or at least I would.

Hang in there, billing issues REALLY suck but usually there's an explanation or a way to fix things.

ETA: Yes, you can still call the old insurer. All claims filed before you changed over to the new company will be dealt with by them, and you have the right to call and deal with them as you were covered by them at the time of the billing in question.
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies... I will see what happens

My History:
    Lots of BFN's & failed IUI's w/clomid and/or femara
    Finally BFP with femara & t.i.- son born 6/17/2010
    Started TTC again around when DS was 3ish
    Lots of BFN's with femara & t.i & ovidrel
    Tubes clear, S.A came back low motility but high count
    About to switch to injectables w/femara, did one last cycle with just femara & an IUI with ovidrel- stupid motility was fantastic in the sample, but count was 700,000 AFTER wash! Had to sign a paper to even still do IUI- BFFP (big fat freaking positive) Go figure!

1st Beta 13dpiui 54, 2nd beta 48 hours later 115, 3rd beta 48 hours later 310, 4th beta 72 hours later 1748.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"