October 2013 Moms

Paint fumes and LO

Last post today, I promise. Anyone paint a room with LO around. Did you sleep somewhere else for a few days? Buy special paint? We're painting a bedroom directly across from DDs.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Franco Paul born 6/4/15 at 39 weeks.  Mila Francesca born 10/19/13 at 37 weeks.  Both born via C-Section after 6 years of fertility treatments, disappointments and losses. Love them!!

Re: Paint fumes and LO

• When we did the nursery we used that low voc paint, but we didn't have another little one around.  I think if you paint the room, close the door and open the windows you'll be okay.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I agree they have some paint that is better with fumes. I would open windows for sure!! And I think if you keep doors shut you should be ok. Maybe as a pro caution don't have LO in the house while you are doing actual painting.
  • Loading the player...
  • We painted the new addition this summer. We opened the windows to paint. The paint was low fumes and it was ok to sleep in that room the same night. No issues.

We did make sure to keep the kids out while we were paiting and until the paint dried. 
    DS1 - 6/07
    DS2 - 8/08
    DS3- 9/09
    DD1 - 11/11
    DD2 - 10/13
    DD3 - Csection Scheduled November 29th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"