Formula Feeding
Options

cluster feeding

Do newborns cluster feed on formula? My LO is three weeks and wanted to eat all night last night. How do you handle cluster feeding? Do you try only an ounce at a time or do you offer a regular bottle? She drinks 3 ounces on demand throughout the day.

Re: cluster feeding

• Options
    Sounds like our LO's have similar appetites :) We went through the same thing last week and were doing the same as you at the time (3 oz. on demand). At first we offered 3 oz. and then 1-2 oz. at a time until she seemed satisfied. But after the first night (she ate almost 10 oz. over the course of about 2 hours) I would offer 3 oz. followed by another 3 oz. if she wanted more. After that I would offer 1-2 oz. at a time until she seemed satisfied. It seems to have evened out this week, though we are offering 4 oz. right from the start now. GL!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thank you! I think I will start offering her 4 oz now, she completely finishes off 3 Oz without a problem. I'm wondering if she is going through a growth spirt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    leela02leela02 member
    edited November 2014
    My LO has been doing this at 6 wks. But she would eat less at a time so she wants to eat constantly! Usually she'll drink 3-4oz at once and maybe another 1oz. Yesterday during the day she would take 2-3oz, stop eating, then 20 mins later fuss like she hasn't eaten for a week. So each time we were offering her 2oz at first then another 1-2oz if she didn't seem satisfied.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"