December 2013 Moms

Christmas Tree

Just wondering what everyone's plans are to keep LO from tearing it down! I think Im going to go in stages. First put tree up. A few days later add lights. Then a few days after that the actual ornaments.

Re: Christmas Tree

• edited November 2014
    It's going in the study behind glass French doors. Ben will just have to admire from afar ;) I do put up a smaller, fake one with kid safe ornaments in the playroom. The older boys enjoy decorating and undecorating it over and over. Well have to wait and see how Ben does with it, he might just continually knock it over....
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KMKaiser07KMKaiser07 member
    edited November 2014
    I thought it would be an issue but LO hasn't touched ours. Prior to finding out he didn't really care about it, I made sure to put non breakable ornaments on the bottom. I also got a little 3 ft tree for his room that has kid friendly ornaments that he can't hurt. That one he has touched a little bit, but still not as much as I thought.

BabyFetus Ticker

Me: 25, DH: 28
    Married: July 2012
    DS: December 2013 
    TTC #2 since July 2014 
    M/C: March 2015 
    My Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • You read my mind. Was just going to post the same question! No idea what we are going to do with ours. Space is limited in our wee house.
  • We opted for a fake tree to avoid the needles and put the gate around it. She has no interest in it at all.

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Forgot pic

image Lilypie - (zGBv)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MaryBB77 said:

You read my mind. Was just going to post the same question! No idea what we are going to do with ours. Space is limited in our wee house.

Our house is tiny too and even more so now with all the baby gear. I was thinking it wouldn't be too bad since he is in daycare most days but I'm off for winter break so I'll probably have to gate it off somewhere. Can you put a tree in a closet or is that too weird? Kidding... But not really!
  • We just put ours up tonight after DD went to bed. It's a fake one and we only put the non breakable ones on the lower parts of it. We'll see how she feels about it tomorrow! 
  • Doing it in stages sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm not worried about him taking stuff off as much as I am him pulling the whole thing down. I'm
    Hoping DH can find a way to secure it to the wall.
  • What I did for #1 was to not decorate the bottom two feet of the tree. It worked, so we'll do the same thing this year for this guy. He is a heck of a lot busier though, so here's hoping.

• We're putting ours up this weekend.  Because most of our ornaments are glass, we bought a bunch of cheap unbreakable ornaments on clearance after Christmas last year to use for a few years when she's little.  So I'm not concerned with her playing with the ornaments.  I'm most concerned about her trying to use the tree to pull up, because she tries to pull up on everything.  If she does, we'll just put it behind the play yard. 
  • We skipped one when DS1 was this age because it was too much trouble. This year we're going to put it in the dining room instead of the living room so we can limit the amount of time DS2 will have access to it. We'll also put nonbreakable ornaments at the bottom. I may also tie it to the wall, using those command hooks and some ribbon, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

• MissyC979 said:
    We skipped one when DS1 was this age because it was too much trouble. This year we're going to put it in the dining room instead of the living room so we can limit the amount of time DS2 will have access to it. We'll also put nonbreakable ornaments at the bottom. I may also tie it to the wall, using those command hooks and some ribbon, but I haven't gotten that far yet.
    Good idea!  I have a bunch of those hooks in a drawer so I think I may steal this idea.  I was against putting holes in the wall to anchor it since it's only temporary but those command hooks may work.
  • We have a landing/ hall at the top of the stairs, so we're just putting the tree up there. Still visible from the main living area, but behind the baby gate. We tie the tree to the wall with fishing line anyways, because my cat is...fun.
  • Haven't even thought about this yet... I think we had a small tree on top of our coffee table back when I last had to think about this with DS1. Not sure what I'll do this time around. We're not putting it up until after DS1's birthday on the 10th anyway, & DH is one to insist it comes down the day after Xmas pretty much, so luckily it won't be a worry for too long. LOL

My 2 December boys

• We have a landing/ hall at the top of the stairs, so we're just putting the tree up there. Still visible from the main living area, but behind the baby gate. We tie the tree to the wall with fishing line anyways, because my cat is...fun.
    We did this last year because our tree was so tall and lopsided, it kept falling over. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"