September 2014 Moms

Favorite gift

HorseLover11HorseLover11 member
edited November 2014 in September 2014 Moms
Just curious what everyone's favorite gifts were that they didn't register for (I know that everyone didn't have a shower esp if it wasn't their first child, but I think you all get the gist of what I'm saying) - reason I ask is im always looking for fun gift ideas for my friends who are expecting.

my favorite thing was these terry cloth burp cloths that slip over the kids head. It's really big so i am always sure to use it when she's got a cute outfit on, I also love that it's monogrammed with her name and there are no buttons or snaps to secure it.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Favorite gift

• My kids got their infant play gyms from my MIL. It helps me keep them occupied. DS's got damaged from leaky batteries so I ordered a new one for DD and my MIL gave me the money for it yesterday. So it will be shipped tomorrow. :-)
  • I think it's a tie between our boppy pillow and diaper bag.

We use the boppy every single day. It makes feedings and naps more comfortable. My diaper bag is a utility bag from 31. But my mom picked it out and had LO's name stitched on it "so that when's she's bigger she can pack her toys in it and stay at Gram's house." I can also pack a ton of stuff in it and I love the outside pockets perfectly hold bottles.
  • Loading the player...
  • edited November 2014
    We were given a newborn photo shoot from some friends and it was so unique and unexpected. We were so thankful! It's more of an extravagant gift (around $200) but photographers in our area are always offering mini sessions for around $75 so something to think about!
    Eta words
  • Closet organizer I loved and thought was a great idea and I love our muslin receiving blankets
  • What I would recommend giving would be a "wetbag"! I never received one or knew about them until I started cloth diapering but its great to have for anyone cloth diapering or not! When my son had explosive poop one day I had to strip him down into his change of clothes but didn't have a bag to put the dirty poop clothes in so I had to ask a relative for a plastic bag. Now that I cloth diaper I always keep a travel sized "wetbag" in my diaper bag which would've been a lifesaver during a blowout & clothing change!

I also have my friend a keepsake picture frame with her child's name, birthdate and stAts engraved in it.. Granted that's an after delivery gift but I love those types of things!
  • I did not have a registry or shower this time around but my favorite & most unexpected gift was matching cribs for the twins given to us from my parents . Words cannot express how much that helped! Also my best friend brought to the hospital a "posh" little hat for each baby which they took their newborn pics in and practically still wear all the time.
  • My favorite gift was the mamaroo swing we got. Lo slept in that for awhile and it was awesome. And my Boopy. I use it everyday. DS gets so heavy when I try to feed him without it.
    BFP #1 7/23/12: EDD 4/1/13.  MMC discovered on 9/4/12 @ 10w1d
    BFP# 2 3/9/13:  EDD 11/12/13 m/c 3/15/13 @ 5w3d
    RPL testing shows one copy of MTHFR gene mutation. 
     BFP#3 12/24/13: EDD 9/5/14 Beta #1 13 DPO 168! Beta #2 16 DPO 895!
     First US 1/9/14 @ 5w6d Strong HB!
    2nd US 1/23/14 @ 7w6d baby is still doing great! 3rd US 1/31/14  9w0d: Beautiful wiggly baby! Keep growing baby!
    3/17/14 US @ 15w3d:Its a BOY!

My rainbow baby Isaac has arrived! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Miracle Blanket!
  • Love these ideas!! Thank you!! I forgot to add my other favorite. https://www.patemm.com - it's an awesome large changing pad you can store diapers, cream, wipes etc so it makes it so much easier to have it all next to the baby and not searching thru your diaper bag.

Off BC, NTNP since June 2011

Started acupuncture/herbs July 2012 

First BFP 9-8-2012,EDD 5-15-2013, heartbeat of 175 at 8w2d, mmc discovered on 10-26-12 (11w6d) Cytotec on 10/26/12

8/23/13 DX with non-IR PCOS

Second BFP 9.12.13, EDD 5.29.14, heartbeat of 114 at 6w1d, mmc discovered on 10-18-13, D&C on 10/23/13 (baby girl/Trisomy 10) 

Third BFP (surprise at Beta draw after d&c) on 1/10/14 (15dpo), EDD 9.20.14 Please be our RAINBOW!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I hadn't registered for a swing or Boppy but got both as hammies. We use them every day.

imageimage

• Definitely the leg warmers.

• bf43005 said:

DH's cousin got us a Rock a Bye Baby Metallica CD. I'm pretty sure that's what it is called but it is in the car. But it's Metallica songs played as a lullaby. It actually does help if DS is cranky in the car.

Shut. The. Front. Door. I'm totally searching for this on Amazon. Because DH is obsessed with Metallica!

My favorite gift is a whole mesh of things that makes up his nursery: crib and mattress from my dad; bedding set and mobile from my sister and rocking chair with handmade covers on the cushion and pillows from my mom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"