Trouble TTC

***Weight Loss Check In***

Hello Ladies:

My parents are in town for Thanksgiving so I wanted to post this check in before I forgot!

Please feel free to provide an update on where you are in your weight loss journey, what is working and what is not. Tips, recipes, apps and workout ideas would be awesome to share as well!

If you are new to the check in, answer these questions so we can get to know you: 
1) What is your weight loss and/or getting healthy goal? 
2) What methods are you using to reach your goal? 
3) What is your biggest weakness that you cannot resist? 

QOTW: Since Thanksgiving is this week, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? 

Me: 33, DH: 32

TTC: 2 years
Fertility blood tests all normal
Tilted uterus
3 day ultrasound 17 follicles
HSG: 11/13/13- tubes open
DH SA: SUPER sperm (145 million, 84% motility, 22% morphology)
All infection disease and immunity blood tests NORMAL

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd cycle benched due to cysts - TI with OPK tests -  BFN

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

JANUARY SIGGY CHALLENGE...This is so me!

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

Never thought I would like long hair....

Re: ***Weight Loss Check In***

• Hi ladies! I would love to join your thread!

1) What is your weight loss and/or getting healthy goal? To get to 28% or below body weight, that is the guideline to do IVF so if we get to that point I can be ready. I have a long way to go so I might as well start now!

2) What methods are you using to reach your goal? Working out (doing Piyo) and eating right (following weight watchers)

3) What is your biggest weakness that you cannot resist? Salty foods such as chips!!!

QOTW: Since Thanksgiving is this week, what is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?

I love sweet potatoes and marshmallows! For traditions we always have early dinner/lunch at my moms house, and then go to my in-laws house for dinner. After dinner me and my SIL look through the Black Friday ads and decide where we want to go shopping. We are not the kind of shoppers to go stand in line waiting for stores to open or will change our thanksgiving plans, but after dinner we usually go shopping.
    Me: 30   DH:31 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    9/2016-transferred two donor embies
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
    BabyGaga BabyFruit Ticker
  • @rainbowbridge14-How frustrating! Is there no way you could meet with a nurse just to do the weigh-in part? I hope you can get in soon so that you can have satisfaction for a job well done! 

@lindy04aggie-Congrats on being coke free for so long! That is a huge accomplishment! 
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    RE Help from 10/2014-10/2016 (11 failed IUIs, a corrective surgery, and a donor embryo cycle)
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • Loading the player...
  • @cateyes543 I had no idea the IVF bodyfat requirement was 28% OMG I'll never get there! When I was in amazing shape I was having issues getting to 26% and I looked amazing...I'm really freaking out right now. I'm seriously looking into mini-IVF starting next year because it is cheaper than traditional IVF so I better get my shit together for real and lose some weight. 

I've been able to keep the 8 pounds off that I gained from my infertility treatments, but haven't been able to get below what my body likes to stay at and I bet my body fat is 33% right now so I def need to get that down.

lindy04aggie good job on the coke! My BFF from high school came to visit two weekend ago and told me diet coke and red wine was good....so we tried it and I didn't really like it mixed with wine, but now have a 12 pack of diet coke in my fridge and I have been drinking half a can every few days I feel so bad, but it tastes so damn good! So congrats on all those days without coke!

QOTW: I love, love, love garlic mashed potatoes! My only tradition is that I make vanilla bean poached pears every Thanksgiving. 

Tilted uterus

FIRST IUI May 2014: 100 mg Clomid days 5-9, third ultrasound CD 13 revealed four follicles 27, 24 and 20 and 13mm. Trigger shot May 28 with IUI May 29 and 30 (fingers crossed) - BFN started spotting 11DPO :(

IUI #2 B2B 6/23 and 6/24, three mature eggs and 130 million sperm! FX this is the month!  BFN 7/8

3rd mediated cycle: Clomid+Trigger+TI  (three follies left side, one on right as usual....what the hell right ovary get it together and produce some damn follicles!) 7DPO progesterone level 43 with NO suppositories YAY for a natural strong ovulation. Beta canceled started spotting 13DPO - Third time is not a CHARM! 14 day cycle WTF! Everything looks normal - RE wants to start injectables next cycle so this cycle I'm benched

Officially benched until March....but still plan on trying the baking soda douche due to my excessive and thick CM

Love this man....he was so before his time in his thoughts and ideas about the world....been obsessed about him lately bringing it back to the early 90s.

• @Tiko99‌-I don't know if that is standard for IVF, it is just my clinic's rules because they do shared risk so they want "perfect" candidates.

What is mini-IVF?
    Married 9/2010
    TTC 10/2013
    BFP 9/29/26 EDD June 11
  • @cateyes543 mini IVF is when they use something like clomid instead of injectables to stimulate the ovaries for follicles to retrieve. You have less eggs and most likely none to freeze, but it is much, much cheaper. I respond really well to clomid....producing 3-4 mature eggs so I think we will try at least one round of mini IVF as opposed to injectables and IUI. I'm still doing a lot of research and will make a decision in January if we will move forward with this method. 

@murrt I'm so happy to hear such a low body fat percentage is not the norm! Thanks for the info.

Tilted uterus

• @rainbowbridge14 I personally wouldn't exercise after having so much blood taken because I'm very sensitive to having large amounts of blood removed. Can you take a day off and run the day after or two days after? I would be concerned your body might react to the blood loss and exercise. 

BTW you are such an inspiration to me with your running schedule! I wish I had the motivation to run like you :)

Tilted uterus

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"