High-Risk Pregnancy

Lamictal (or lamotrigine) and breast feeding

I have epilepsy and take 400 MG of lamotrigine a day. Had anyone taken this and breast fed?

Re: Lamictal (or lamotrigine) and breast feeding

• I take it. From what I've gathered and my husband did research on and the dr. It should be fine. Somehow the meds don't transfer into the milk. If I can find more info for you I'll share. But that's what I recall from a few months ago.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Are you taking it while pregnant? I was told I couldn't take it pregnant or breastfeeding. Would LOVE more info!
  • Loading the player...
  • @Latham12‌ I am currently on 200 mg lamotrogine xr twice a day. (Up from 300 once a day). It's one of the safest meds. Practically on par with "normal" women. There are only a couple meds that they're really against you taking while pregnant, like dilantan (I'm sure I totally misspelled that...). Anyway I will try to find out the studies or whatever that my husband found and get back to you. He's a pharmacist and has been very watchful over what I take and has been consulting with my ob on all of it as well. I'm confused as to why you were told you couldn't be on lamotrogine or lamictal.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"