Breastfeeding
Options

Safe skin products for nursing mamas...

I used Aveeno positively nourishing antioxidant infused body wash & Palmers unscented cocoa butter with vitamin E and fragrance free Aveeno lotion during my pregnancy and still use them now... Does anyone use certain products that are safe for nursing?? These have low hazard scores on EWG's Skin Deep page, but still aren't in the "0" category.

Re: Safe skin products for nursing mamas...

• Options
    Honestly, it never even crossed my mind. If you have some sort of medicated prescription cream, I'd check lactmed. Otherwise, I just generally look for skin products with few, comprehensible ingredients, but that's more because I'm pretty crunchy anyway. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have never been concerned with this. I wash with the same body wash I've used for years, Dove sensitive. I don't use any lotions or anything like that on my breasts and as far as absorption otherwise, I'm not concerned. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm glad you asked the question. I always wondered it as well. So if most things are not systemically absorbed, why do they recommend staying away from most skin and beauty products when pregnant? 
    imageimage

• Options
    mshukh said:

I'm glad you asked the question. I always wondered it as well. So if most things are not systemically absorbed, why do they recommend staying away from most skin and beauty products when pregnant? 

I've never heard of that before. Who says to stay away from most products while pregnant?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"