Stay at Home Moms

If you live in a cold climate?

I'm in need of a new winter jacket. I went shopping the other day and noticed that most are all quite thin, but have a reflective material in them. Just kind of curious if anyone has one of these and if they are actually that warm? Or what kind of jacket do you have and is it super warm?

Re: If you live in a cold climate?

• I have one that I really like from Eddie Bauer. It goes to mid-thigh or so. Even though all the synthetics are supposed to be just as warm, I still think that there's nothing quite like down. I also like to have the sweater cuffs inside the jacket sleeves. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have a variety of winter jackets.  When I want absolute warmth I wear my down filled parka.  I do have one of those thin shiny ones(from Eddie Bauer) and it's warm but not as warm as my down filled ones.  I usually buy my coats from Eddie Bauer.

• Loading the player...
  • caybehcaybeh member
    edited November 2014
    I have a Columbia coat that I love. It has two layers, so then I have a spring, fall, and winter coat all in one! I have had a down coat before and they are also warm.

I'm in ND, so yeah, it's cold here....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• In MN. I have a Columbia coat, a down filled parka, and a Carhartt for doing chores.

• @vettymama, do you own Muck Boots for doing chores? If you don't, be sure to consider them for the next pair you buy. Love them.
  • @jag101 I do! I love them!

• I have a North Face down parka.  It was expensive but well worth it.  I only wear it when it's below 15* F.  Which was a lot last year.  It has a buckle at the waist so some shape to it. Only bummer is that I will be outgrowing it in a few weeks I'm sure since LO is due April.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have, or have had and love Columbia. 
    I bought a Helly Hansen this weekend.  I really like it, but only because I have only worn it out of the house once so far.
  • vettymama said:
    In MN. I have a Columbia coat, a down filled parka, and a Carhartt for doing chores.

Agreed!!!  It's all about which section of winter we're discussing...  I have my pea coat for dressy occasions, Carhartt when I flat-out need to be warm, fleece for the in-between and long car trips, vest when I need to layer, and a few more from there...

Start with what you like and have something for each range of "cold"...  There's cold, there's "SH** it's cold" and "Why do I live somewhere that the air hurts my face?!?!?! (as your eyeballs are starting to freeze)" cold...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MesmrEwe said:
    vettymama said:
    In MN. I have a Columbia coat, a down filled parka, and a Carhartt for doing chores.

Agreed!!!  It's all about which section of winter we're discussing...  I have my pea coat for dressy occasions, Carhartt when I flat-out need to be warm, fleece for the in-between and long car trips, vest when I need to layer, and a few more from there...

Start with what you like and have something for each range of "cold"...  There's cold, there's "SH** it's cold" and "Why do I live somewhere that the air hurts my face?!?!?! (as your eyeballs are starting to freeze)" cold...

I do live where it's so cold that the air hurts your face. I'm thinking I'm not going to spend the money on a jacket and spend it on relocating instead.
  • jag101 said:
    MesmrEwe said:
    vettymama said:

I do live where it's so cold that the air hurts your face. I'm thinking I'm not going to spend the money on a jacket and spend it on relocating instead.
    LOL - key is you need enough layers to safely make the trek out of here without getting frostbite!  Function over fashion up here... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"