January 2014 Moms
Options

Baby food

At what age should LO's be done with purées? We do a mixture of finger food and purées and it just seems like some veggies and fruits she will only eat puréed. Curious what age they should really be done with the puréed stuff.

Re: Baby food

• Options

I don't really know the answer to this - but I know that our daycare will give finger foods/real food to DD after she's 1. So that's when I'm really going to give it exclusively at home, too. Right now I offer her different finger foods at each meal and give her purees.

I think the way to get them to take more finger foods is to make the purees chunkier and chunkier...is my guess. we have her on Stage 3 Gerber purees so some of them are pretty chunky.

Married June 2010.
    DD born 1/13 via Csection at 41w5d after 47 hours of labor

• Options
    All I can say for J is that once be was more interested in the texture of the food, he made it very clear that he was not interested in the baby food :)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think your LO will gradually start preferring regularly prepared foods as she gets older. DD is almost to the point where she refuses any kind of purees unless I add other things into it to make it chunky. Like if I give her pureed peas, there better be some regular peas mixed in with it otherwise she will refuse to eat it. I have all these purees leftover from her younger days so I'm trying really hard to use them up. 
  • Options
    I guess it will be like most things and they'll decide on their own when they're ready. Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    My dd doesn't get puree foods anymore. I give her basically what we eat. I do give her the food pouches on occasion, so I guess that's pureed food. But I don't spoon anything to her but yogurt. She is a great eater. All babies are different imo.
    BFP #1 (7/13/12) MC (8/14) 9 weeks. D & C 8/17.
    BFP #2 (5/18/13) due 1/26/14. Grow baby grow!
    Its a surprise! Team green!

• Options
    Daycare also switches to finger foods by 1 year, so I'm kind of leaning towards that too. I kind of weaned him off of purées at home now slowly. The only thing I mix purée fruits with is yogurt.
    I guess what I would do is to keep trying with your LO with veggies and fruits. It might take time, but Eventually they will get use to
  • Options
    Great question. I have noticed that organic baby food Stage 3 has very little options and I have found myself asking the same thing. I use Earths Best. I had planned to wean by 11 months to real food cut up but now I'm stuck in the stage between 10 months and 11 months.

I plan to purée regular food at home in a blender to equal stage 3 foods. Then start with tiny soft pieces of food.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"