February 2014 Moms

Any play kitchen experts?

I had my eye on the Ikea play kitchen for LO's birthday, but a Step 2 one popped up on Kohl's today for $60, plus an extra 15% off and Kohls cash with free shipping. I don't know that I love plastic (vs wood), but for pretty significant savings, I might pull the trigger. 

Is this a good enough deal to go ahead and bite, or do you think that there will be similar deals closer to/after Christmas? I'm not sure what a great price on one of these bad boys is!
Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
TTC #1 since 9/2012
BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
BFP #2 6/2/13
Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day

Re: Any play kitchen experts?

• That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. But if you really want a wood one would you regret buying the plastic one to save a few dollars?

It's $85 on Amazon right now. It's fairly sturdy. I really like it, but DD barely ever plays with it. My favorite is probably the IKEA one, but that one was a little too expensive for us.
    Abigail Grace 9/7/10
    Nathaniel Willis born sleeping 2/6/14
    Felicity Hope 4/6/15

• dadalou said:
    That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. But if you really want a wood one would you regret buying the plastic one to save a few dollars?

It's $85 on Amazon right now. It's fairly sturdy. I really like it, but DD barely ever plays with it. My favorite is probably the IKEA one, but that one was a little too expensive for us.
    Great question. I like the LOOK of the wood one more, but I'm thinking for durability, plastic might make the most sense. It will also likely be used in our basement, so I'm actually thinking that plastic might be better for an area that can be damp (no water or anything, but it is underground).
    Suzy & Brian November 3, 2007 "...this one time, at band camp..." ;-)
    TTC #1 since 9/2012
    BFP #1 2/16/13, EDD 10/13/13, CP 2/21/13
    BFP #2 6/2/13
    Baby J-Bug 2/8/14 My Wedding Bio from back in the day
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a Step 2 kitchen that has held up really well, and it's not a huge eyesore like some plastic ones. Plus, that sounds like a great deal. As long as you won't regret not getting the wood one, I'd go for it.
  • I have the ikea kitchen. My friend has one with her in home day care and it still looks great after 5 years of being well loved. It's light weight enough that we move it around as needed, and I love that it has the adjustable hight option as LO grows.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have this one and I really love it. Dd is 5 and still plays with it. I liked that it wasn't as deep as some of the plastic ones.
    I hope to create a real siggy but first I need some sleep!

Mom to Lily and Colin!
  • We have the Melissa and Doug kitchen. We got it for DS for Christmas right after he turned 2 and he still plays with it all the time. It has held up really well. What I liked about it at the time was that it's small enough to fit where we had space for it and not take up the whole room and that it was pretty simple to allow him to use his imagination a lot. I paid about $80 on Amazon for it. If I'd been able to find a plastic one that fit my needs and was significantly cheaper, I probably would've gone for it. That said, I really do like the look of the wood one and I'm glad we got it.
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Melissa and Doug wood corner kitchen, too, and really like it.
    BFP #1 9/2010 (lost our baby at 21 weeks) BFP #2 8/2011 (ectopic pregnancy) BFP #3 10/2011 (chemical pregnancy) BFP #4 12/2011 (Abigail born 8/15/12) BFP #5 5/2013 (Griffin born 1/23/14 with heart defects, now repaired!)

photo 72ec2e97-1e39-4650-8caa-7a40c9ac500b.jpg imagephoto 929c6b58-8824-44a8-a8a6-68330306a3a9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"