Baby Names
Options

Girls Name Clicky Poll

edited November 2014 in Baby Names
We are in the 3rd trimester with our first LO and team green. Girls names are so much harder for us. Last name is one syllable, similar to Rhett. All middle names are family names that we'd love to honor.

I worry Amelia is too popular and Vera is hard to say with our last name. I know Lorene gets jumbled up with Rhett, but the meaning ultimately trumps flow for us. Opinions appreciated! :)
BabyFetus Ticker

Girls Name Clicky Poll 128 votes

Iris Faye Rhett
35% 45 votes
Vera Sylvia Rhett
7% 9 votes
Ellen Izola Rhett
13% 17 votes
Amelia Lorene Rhett "Millie"
31% 40 votes
Winifred Lorene Rhett "Winnie"
13% 17 votes

Re: Girls Name Clicky Poll

• Options
    Love
    Amelia Lorene Rhett "Millie"!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Love Amelia Lorene Rhett, Millie for a nickname is very cute!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @joy2611 - Thanks! We love Iris, it's definitely our favorite but we want to go into the birth with a few options.

For me Iris Sylvia runs together because of the back to back "s". When I say it out loud it's not too bad and I agree that Sylvia is a prettier name than Faye. Just something about Iris Faye feels so sweet to me!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I've been crushing on Iris lately so that wins for me. I think Sylvia or Faye works well.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I love the way Iris Faye sounds, but really, you can't go wrong.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    You have a lot of great choices but I really like Ellen.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Options
    I voted Iris Faye.  I'm guessing Lorene is the most meaningful middle name - Iris Lorene is a decent combination too.  Iris is a clear winner for your first name options.
    DS born 12/2012
    Little Squeaker due 6/2015
  • Options
    I actually like Amelia much better than Millie
    Natural m/c Oct. 2005

Dx: balanced translocation and LPD

TTC since Oct 2011

BPF 02/19/12, EDD 10/31/12, natural m/c 02/28/12 (4w6d)

IVF (BCPs starting 10/30/12, ER 11/18/12, 5dt of 1 beautiful, healthy embryo 11/23/12)
    BFP 12/02/12, u/s @ 6w,5d showed 2 HBs! Identical twins!!
    Bed rest from 21w-35w due to short cervix, hospital bed rest from 23w-32w due to PTL
    Our rainbows were born 07/19/13 (36w, 5d)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ladymouse - thanks! Good observation - Lorene and Izola are both names of my great grandma who was very special to me and DH. We would love to honor her, I just wish I loved her names more. Sylvia is my grandma who practically raised me and we both adore her, too. But she is still living and actually doesn't like her name, so it's the least likely option. Then Faye is DH's great grandma who I never met and he didn't know very well. She was a great person and it would mean a lot to his family, but has less personal meaning to us than using any of the other names. I love the name Faye, especially with Iris, and the baby is due around her birth day so that's an added bonus.

Iris Lorene Rhett is not so bad; however, our last name actually starts with the "ree" sound and Lorene feels really R-heavy with it. Iris Izola feels sort of zany, but Iris Faye just feel "right". I think we will go into the birth with a few different options and then after we settle on a first name we will go with whichever of the 4 middle names seems to sound the best. We plan to have more children so if this baby gets a middle name honoring his family, the next will honor mine for sure. No one in our families are expecting it though, most people on both sides don't use any family names at all. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I'm actually surprised that so many seem to love Amelia. I think it's a beautiful name but it is DH's least favorite choice at this point. It is also the most common/popular of our choices by a landslide. I really wanted Alice but he just couldn't get on board with it. The initials ALR also have personal meaning so I have looked far and wide for a great first name starting with A. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"