Babies on the Brain

TTC, still breastfeeding & No Postpartum Period yet

I'm charting and my hubby and I are TTC, I'm breastfeeding 4x a day and I'm 9 months postpartum with no period. I know women still get pregnant despite all this but how hard is it to conceive with all these factors? And I'm just wondering are you fertile/ do you begin to ovulate only before your period is truly about to come OR is it are you considered fertile and can ovulate anyway even if your period isn't going to come anytime soon?

Also I'm charting and I can tell exactly when I'd be considered supposedly fertile and not fertile (judging by cervical mucus)

Thanks

Re: TTC, still breastfeeding & No Postpartum Period yet

• Ohhh I see thank you @grandiosequestion‌. Do you know how to tell when you are actually ovulating or before your period is about to actually come?

I get cramps and sometimes swear "ok it's going to be here any day" then what do ya know-no period! Which is getting really annoying considering i want to conceive like now-ish :-(
  • Ohhh I see thank you @grandiosequestion‌. Do you know how to tell when you are actually ovulating or before your period is about to actually come? I get cramps and sometimes swear "ok it's going to be here any day" then what do ya know-no period! Which is getting really annoying considering i want to conceive like now-ish :-(
    1.  There's no way to no for sure the day you ovulate unless you have an ultrasound.  You can use OPKs and watch your CM to get a good estimation, but you can get multiple surges in one month and you'd only ovulate on one of them.  You can then confirm you have ovulated by temping throughout your cycle and looking for 3 repeat days of higher temps.

2.  You'll know your period is about to come if you have temped and confirmed ovulation.  Your period will be 10-16 days laters (as PPs have said).  

Everyone else has given great advice.  Check out Fertility Friend and read TCOYF.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you everyone! Great advice, I will be doing ALL that was mentioned above in your replies:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"