Trouble TTC
Options

IUI#2 today :-/

So we had our 2nd round of IUI this morning and DH was able to produce at the office this time so I figured it would make our chances even better...I guess we were wrong.

When we were called in a nurse who I never met before starts going over our numbers and she was really cold about it. She showed us the paper and pre wash he was at 40%motility and 6milion count After wash he was at 50% motility but only 25000count...wtf?

Last IUI we had the opposite issue low motility and high count before and after wash.

Do we want motility to be higher than the count? We had a different dr today so he contacted my dr and he gave the ok but even so I am concerned about it. my dr said he thought my cycle was good enough to go through with the IUI so we did but now I am home and in tears bc the nurse and doctor I had today acted so cold towards us about such a sensitive topic...I guess I just really missed our dr and nurse who are so sweet yet get the point across with out me leaving in tears!!

Sorry I am feeling really down right now needed to vent! Thank god for these boards. If any of you have any experience with this please share I am trying to relax and stop crying..hopefully we still have a chance..:-)

Re: IUI#2 today :-/

• Options
    Sorry that you are upset. I don't have any advice about the IUI part or numbers. But wanted to say I know how much not seeing your normal doctor affects you especially when they are colder and less optimistic than your own doctor. I know I just had the same issue. My RE and the other RE had completely different expectations and it resulted in a ton of tears and worry. I am requesting to only see my normal RE. Maybe you could as well? Sorry you are having a rough day. I'll keep my FX for you!
    Married: 12/15/2012    TTC: 08/2014
    Husband: 26 SA: normal
    Me: 23 Low AMH and damaged ovaries due to chemotherapy.
    No AF or O in 3 years. HSG showed a slight T shaped uterus.

High Risk OB 9/29- got the ok to get pregnant.
    RE Appt:  10/28/ U/S showed follicles, but also small damaged ovaries.
    B/W results CD0: all normal except low AMH at 1.3
    Cycle 1-November (TI)- Femera 2.5mg, 2mg Estradoil, and Trigger=BFN
    Cycle 2-December (TI)- Femera 2.5 mg ,4mg Estradoil, and Trigger= No O
    Cycle 3-January (TI)- Femera 5 mg, 2mg Estra
    doil, and Trigger=

• Options
    Thank you SND. I am happy someone could relate. I also feel so bad for dh...his face went from so hopeful to crushed..broke my heart seeing that. keeping my fx for you too :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. :( That's sad news and the least they could do is share it with you gently and kindly. 

It's hard to imagine why he would lose most of the count in the wash...I guess I would hold onto hope that there was some mistake with the count/measurement, it just doesn't make any sense, unless they screwed up the wash procedure? I'd call and ask for my own doctor to explain how that could have happened. You deserve to know if this is just a random thing or if something can be done about it to help next time.
    January 3T Siggy Challenge - New Year's Resolutions
    imageimage

Me (29), DH (30) TTC actively 54 55+ cycles | All BFNs
    MFI (low everything) | Endo Stage 1 & Stenotic Cervix (treated) | PCO
    Married - July 2008 | Started TTC - Jan 2009RE Visit #1 - Mar 2014 
    IUI #1 ICI #1 - June | IUI #1.1 Laparoscopy - Aug
    IUIs #1.2, 2, 3 - Sept, Oct, Nov (Letrozole) - BFNs 
    IUI #4 - Dec (Bravelle) | IUI #5 - Dec/Jan (Bravelle) - 5 follies + TI - BFNs
    IUI #5.1 - Jan (Bravelle) Cancelled 
    Planning to start IVF in March!
    ***All Welcome***
  • Options
    Thank you. That's what I was thinking too why would his count be so low after unless there was a mess up? I am going to call tomorrow...the worst part is that our insurance doesn't cover the IUI or ovidrel so on top of getting hit with the news we had to pay $$$out of pocket

I'm so sorry. :( That's sad news and the least they could do is share it with you gently and kindly. 

It's hard to imagine why he would lose most of the count in the wash...I guess I would hold onto hope that there was some mistake with the count/measurement, it just doesn't make any sense, unless they screwed up the wash procedure? I'd call and ask for my own doctor to explain how that could have happened. You deserve to know if this is just a random thing or if something can be done about it to help next time.
  • Options

I'm so sorry you felt like they were being cold to you. Some doctors/nurses just don't have the greatest bedside manner, but when it comes to things like fertility, I really wish they'd realize that they need to be more sensitive.

TTC since July 2012 
    BFP 5/22/13. Lap. to remove ectopic and dx with endo. 6/16/13

RE consult: June 2014

DX: FVL, endo, hypothyroidism, blocked left tube

Oct. 2014: First treatment cycle: Clomid+trigger+IUI=BFN

November 2014: Clomid+trigger+IUI again=BFP!

BFP 11/28/14 MC discovered 1/14/15

Blogging to stay sane

• Options
    I am so sorry that this IUI didn't get off to a good start. I agree with @BunnyBerry, I don't understand how the counts could have dropped that much unless there was an error somewhere. I would check into it.

Also, I absolutely hate it when doctors or nurses are cold and inconsiderate. I have had my fair share of interactions like this, and it is the worse. When you are already feeling unsure, worried and stressed the last thing you need is someone with bad bedside manner. I am sorry you had to deal with that.

My fingers are crossed that despite all of this, things work out for you this time.
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

TTC since May 2013

Me: 31, blocked tube
    DH: 35, azoospermia :(
    IUI #1 (50 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 9/7/2014: BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel) on 10/3/2014:
    BFN
    IUI #3 (100 mg Clomid, Ovidrel, Estradiol) on 11/1/2014: BFN
    First RE appt. on 11/11/2014
    November 2014: Benched due to cyst :(
    IUI #4 (5 mg Letrozole, Follistim, Ovidrel, Crinone) on 12/26/2014: BFP!!!
    Beta 1 (1/9/2015): 292     Beta 2 (1/12/2015): 843

• Options
    No advice for you regarding the motility/counts, just wanted to send some hugs and support! And hoping the 2ww goes speedy for you with a positive result!
    ****SIGGY WARNING****

Me: 28, PCOS 
    DH:29 (SA normal)
    Married June 2012
    TTC since Nov. 2013 
    Met with OBGYN to discuss lack of AF....

May 2014: Metformin 500mg
    July 2014: Clomid 50mg, never O'd
    Sept 2014: Clomid 100mg, O'd (yay!) CD21, BFN - Discovered OB sucks, made appt with RE
    Oct/Nov 2014: 1st appt with RE, Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFN
    Nov/Dec 2014: HSG(all clear), Femera 7.5mg + Trigger + TI = BFP!! EDD 8/29/15
    Beta #1 = 755
    Beta #2 = 1208

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry you had that experience. I don't have any advice as I'm still new to the process, but I have my FX that everything works for you this cycle.
  • Options
    Big hugs lady! This stuff is hard enough without insensitive medical professionals.
    Me: 34 | He: 40
    TTC since 08/2012
    DX: DOR

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"