June 2013 Moms
Options

Just curious....can your lo do???

1) run
2) walk up stairs vs climb
3) walk over door threshold vs crawl over by themselves

One of my bitchy SIL insinuated that A should be doing these things easily by now. She can almost run or walk pretty damn quick but she got me thinking....
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Just curious....can your lo do???

• Options
    Every baby develops these skills at different rates. So I'll echo previous sentiments and say that your SIL is out of line here.

1) he doesn't run much, but definitely gets some speed up when we chase him.

2) as long as there is a railing or a hand to hold he's good with walking. Otherwise it's climbing.

3) mastered this one early out of necessity. Our baby gates have a bar across the bottom along the floor even when open, so he figured out quick how to get over that obstacle to just get around the house.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options
    Grayson can run...and it's so much fun chasing him...haha

He can walk up stairs if he's holding someone's hand but I was say he's more of a climber.

And he can walk over door thresholds.

But he doesn't talk like at all. He clearly said uh oh last night but that's it. I'm not too worried about any of it.
    image imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Echoing everyone's opinion of your SIL. 

1) He often self-narrates "run!run!run!" while he runs laps around the entire downstairs. 
    2) He can walk up stairs with support. 
    3) walk over door threshold - I don't think we have any thresholds except at the exterior doors. He seems to do fine with those, and with walking over the threshold of the baby gate at the top of the stairs.

These all seem to be things he's doing instead of popping out teeth.

Anniversary

• Options
    1) run--yes
    2) walk up steps--if the steps aren't too steep and he has either a railing or our hands to hold for support, otherwise he resorts to crawling up them
    3) door threshold--depends on how high it is; he can do the one at daycare on his own, but he needs us to hold his hand at home to do it because there is a big step.

Your SIL sounds like a bitch; just ignore her!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. Because A has always been behind in crawling and walking, I always worry a little about her and if she is behind in other things. I can't help but compare and get a benchmark compared to other babies but I'm glad to see that A is right there with other kiddos.

SIL is not a childcare expert. She has two kids and one of them that just turned 2. She's always been a know it all type of person. We've never really gotten along. A few years ago, her H and I got into it bc he's an ignorant racist and I refused to have to sit around and her his racist comments. But she was a bitch before that too.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    B can run. I wish he couldn't. ...

He can do stairs with help. Like needs to hold our hand- not railing help. And he likes to get a few up and the lean back trust fall style. So he obviously doesn't really understand how stairs work.

He still has to kinda crawl to get through the door in to our house. It is quite a step.

And your SIL sounds lovely. A real peach.
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    cynthia2007cynthia2007 member
    edited November 2014
    @mcbush, we were in PT but not since Sep And I didn't ask her for a comparison, she was asking and I responded and then she offered her bitchiness
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Every kid is different. KJ will be 17 months on the 1st and has always been advanced physically. She started walking at 9 months. There's lots of things she can't do though.
    1) run- yes. Just started running all the time in the last week or two.
    2) walk up stairs vs climb- yes but only holding onto the rails. She's tall but not tall enough to keep her balance alone.
    3) walk over door threshold vs crawl over by themselves - yes but she holds onto the doorway some of the time or loses balance

~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Thanks for that link @mcbush! A is 17mo today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"