June 2014 Moms

Little Howler!

Just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this--
It seems as if my baby hates everyone but me and my husband haha. Anytime we hand her off to anyone she cries within a minute including all grandparents. We have socialized her since she was born with people around all the time and have travelled lots with her. She is such a happy baby but only if she is held by one of us. I try to leave the room when I give her to someone, because when she sees me she only starts crying harder. I don't want to keep taking her back because it seems as if she knows that's what crying will get her, but it makes some people uncomfortable. I am still on mat leave so she does spend a lot of time with me. She is staying at my SIL's next Sat while we go to my work Xmas party so we will see how that goes.

Any suggestions/can anyone relate?

Re: Little Howler!

• My baby used to do this and it has gotten better but he still prefers me and only me! He has accepted his grandparents since my mom watches him while I work so he is used to her. There are times he even cries when DH holds him. I feel bad about it. This morning I heard them having fun so I let them have some alone time. I'm pretty sure it's a phase that will pass. I'm not going to lie..I love being lO's favorite person right now. But I also know it can be difficult when people get their feelings hurt or whatever, just assure them it's a phase.
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• This sounds the exact same, and I agree it's just a phase! I will just feel horrible if the whole time she's away from us this weekend she howls. It is nice being the one that she wants. She will go from screaming in someone's arms to instantly quiet when one of us takes her.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't remember my DS doing this but my DD definitely does it. It drives my mom nuts and is almost hurting her feelings but she watched both kids for us yesterday and I was worried but since I wasn't there she never cried.
  • Sounds like we're not the only ones in this boat. Hopefully will pass soon. Thanks all!
  • We're in this samw boat. If anyone even says anything to her she starts crying. My father in law said hi to her earlier and walked away and she started crying. She has done the same with my BIL. Today she only wanted me and not my husband.

Its going to make the holidays interesting.
  • My LO is the same way! She'll go to me and h and my mom and that's it. I brought it up at her 4 month appt and the pedi said that it's a phase and she'll outgrow it. I'm a me SAHM so her and I spend every waking minute together. Next week I am going back to the gym and will drop her in their daycare... Planning to start slow with 30 minutes (is we make it that long) and hoping that doing this will help with her being socialized.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"