July 2013 Moms

Critique my speech?

At my sisters wedding I kind of winged my MOH speech, and it came out way worse than what I had in my head, so I wrote out the one I have planned for my friend tomorrow (Today actually), but I'm getting nervous.

Is this a good length? Too long or short? Is it emotional enough? I feel like it might be kind of dry.

"Megan and I have been friends for over 12 years now. Over the years, I have had a lot of friends come and go, as we grew apart. Megan and I have had just as many reasons to grow apart, especially in the last years as I got married and started having babies.
But Megan and I haven't grown apart. In many ways I feel we are closer than ever as our friendship has lasted so many years.
I give credit to this lasting friendship to Megan. She is a great friend because she is an incredibly caring person, fiercely loyal, and very passionate about the people and things she loves. She is the kind of friend who you can go weeks without seeing, but can always pick up right where you left off.
More than ever these days our friendship is not based on things we have in common, or on convenience, but is a choice we make.
There will be days in your marriage when you don't feel as "in love" as you do today. As long as you remember that love, like friendship, is an active choice, not just an emotion- your marriage will be a strong one.
All the things that make someone a good friend will make them a great wife. So I can assure you Josh, that you are a lucky, lucky man!

To Megan and Josh!"
Married 6/18/11
BFP #1 10/26/12 DS born 6/30/13
BFP #2 10/30/13 MC 11/25/13
BFP #3 1/18/14 DS #2 born 10/7/14
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Critique my speech?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards