Infertility
Options

IUI - Success and Failure Stories (please share)

Dear All-

I am having my first IUI tomorrow and wanted to hear everyone's feedback... Doctors are mostly positive so I would like to hear real stories.  Can everyone share the following:

1) Was IUI successful for you or not?
2) How many IUIs did you do before were successful or tried something else?
3) What fertility drugs were you on?
4) How many follicles did you have going into IUI?
5) What day was your IUI on (cycle day)?
6) What day was your BFP?
7) how many babies?
8) anything else you are willing to share?

Thanks!

Re: IUI - Success and Failure Stories (please share)

• Options
    You won't find success stories here. The women here are mostly trying for #1 and have generally moved onto IVF. Try PAIF/SAIF for success stories. You can generally read about people's experiences (drugs, number of tries, etc) in their signatures. Try lurking and reading some more posts to get a sense of everyone's histories. I would particularly recommend the Trouble Trying to Conceive board, as those women are mostly doing IUIs. GL with your IUI.

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    emmuffy said:
    You won't find success stories here. The women here are mostly trying for #1 and have generally moved onto IVF. Try PAIF/SAIF for success stories. You can generally read about people's experiences (drugs, number of tries, etc) in their signatures. Try lurking and reading some more posts to get a sense of everyone's histories. I would particularly recommend the Trouble Trying to Conceive board, as those women are mostly doing IUIs. GL with your IUI.
    This response is waaaaaaay nicer than what I had in mind. I'm always so surprised to see people do drive by posts without lurking first, or reading the 'READ ME FIRST' post pinned at the top. 

I WISH I had luck with IUIs, but even my RE was pretty blunt in saying there was only a 17% chance it would work, and we'd most likely have to move onto IVF. Which is why I'm here now, and now I'm sad. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha you're on the wrong board. Most on this board are doing IVF. #6 & 7 are straight up inappropriate questions to post here, why would you ask that on a board for infertility?

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

• Options

I try to be nice. The last time I responded to one of these the woman called me rude (and I thought  was being relatively nice!).

Official diagnosis: Unexplained IF. I am 32. I have low ovarian reserve (low AMH), and poor egg quality. I've also been diagnosed with mild glandular developmental arrest (lining problems, detected with EFT).

We are using open ID donor sperm. IUIs #1-7=BFN. IVF September 2014 antagonist protocol, 8R,5M,3F, 5 day transfer of 1 morula = BFN. IVF#2 planned for January 2015 (antagonist protocol + HGH).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options
    I posted this question yesterday and I feel as if I should respond.  First of all, I am new to blogging and posting and was looking to other people in a similar situation to share experiences and support (based on recommendation from doc).  I am not new to infertility.  I DID read the read me first post and just read it again, and there is nothing in the announcement that my post contradicts.  There very may well be people who follow this post with success stories and obviously there are people with failure stories (which is why I posted, as I am interested in hearing both).  As women with a common issue, we should be here to support each other and not tear each other down.  I have been following a similar board on fertility.org and someone asked a very similar question (but the last post was from 2013, hence why I asked it again since newer drugs are now available, etc.) and no one on that site was offended or posted mean responses.  Believe me, I do understand the pain and hardship of the situation, but that is not an excuse to be rude to people.  But I appreciate the guidance from those who are not.
  • Options
    Again, as I did say in my prior post.  I am sorry if I offended anyone.  That was clearly not my intention.  I was not clear from the description in the READ ME FIRST that this was IVF only section - perhaps the title of the page should be more clear.  In any event, you can remove my post if you find it so irritating.  I was just trying to find information as I took the first step into treatment with an RE after years of trying on my own.  
  • Options
    I feel the need to respond. First, I am disappointed that we as a group would be so quick to be negative toward someone innocently looking for information. We have all been in jenbren9's shoes as we were starting our journey and needed help and more importantly SUPPORT!

Jenbren9, I have done IUI and the first time took but I miscarried. I was incredibly sad and disappointed. I was in letrezol which worked the first time to help me ovulate but not since.

I wish you luck as you start your journey.
  • Options
    @kamartinek‌ please put a loss mentioned warning in your posts. You obviously don't get it either, there are different boards for pp at different stages of their journey, pp were trying to move her towards a board that would be of better support, if she wants success stories she will not find them here. Actually not all of us have been in her shoes, my issue is severe MFI, I don't even quality for an IUI so think before you post.

TTC #1

Me: AMA, DH: MFI

Official DX - MFI due to Hemochromatosis

IVF #1 Nov. 2014 - ER 11/10 (10R 6M 6F) - ET 11/13 

3DT of 3 embies - no frosties - CP = BFFN!!!!

****All Welcome****

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"