Working Moms
Options

Fav Thanksgiving veggie recipes?

Every year I do one new veggie side dish. So on the standing menu are turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli rice casserole. We've rotated Brussels sprouts, green beans, and carrots the last three years. Sooo.... What's your favorite veggie side recipe I can steal this year??

Re: Fav Thanksgiving veggie recipes?

• Options

Boston Market Sweet Potatoes

But I sort of hesitate to even call them a veggie....they are more like pie filling.

DD makes macaroni and cheese from scratch and adds broccoli - it's like comfort food gone green.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I love roasted brussel sprouts with shallots and bacon. There is a good one in cooking light if you google.  I also like mashed sweet potatos with marshmallows on top :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We always have green bean casserole. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vvvvvfeevvvvvfee member
    edited November 2014
    Sagaponack Corn Pudding (rich, but really good. i use trader joe's frozen roasted corn instead of fresh)

p.s. if you don't mind a cold veggie side, i also love fennel, orange, and onion salad
  • Options
    We always do a spinach casserole for holidays but just tried this recipe last year and it was a BIG hit.  Barefoot Contessa can do no wrong in my book :)

We're also considering doing roasted root vegetables (squash, parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc).  I haven't made this recipe yet but it sounds like it could be yummy

• Options
    I second corn pudding.  I started making this a few years back and it's really been a hit.  That's if we're all agreeing that corn is a veggie.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

I agree corn is a veggie, but get stuck with pudding.  =)

Kind of like whipped sweet potatoes....still a veggie?

• Options
    I make roasted Brussels sprouts every year. I use a little sugar to Caramelize them and then top with balsamic vinegar. Yum!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    My side of the family generally doesn't eat this way normally but our tgiving sides are heavy...corn pudding, creamed onions, creamed spinach (and then non creamed plain old green beans). But my husband is not a fan of most of it so we have dropped some of them and make asparagus sometimes and might do some sweet potatoes this year in the hopes the kids will eat them.
  • Options
    Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and a light maple drizzle.

Carrot, fennel and beet salad in a vinaigrette. (Roast beets lightly. Shave all veggies. Slice into strips. Toss in a vinaigrette of your choice - I like apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, a teeny bit of lemon juice and olive oil).

Roasted broccoli with sea salt. Yum.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"