Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Misdiagnosed Miscarriage?

Has anyone had a misdiagnosed miscarriage? I was told at 8&4 that baby didn't have a heartbeat, but they never offered to check my HCG & the ultrasound seemed very rushed. I'll definitely be getting a 2nd opinion & won't agree to a D&C. Anyone have a story where their doctor was wrong?

Re: Misdiagnosed Miscarriage?

• Options
    I've never experienced this so I'm not help there, sorry. :( I would get a second opinion as soon as possible.

Did this just happen today?

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Nikolie93 said:

I've never experienced this so I'm not help there, sorry. :( I would get a second opinion as soon as possible.

Did this just happen today?

Tuesday.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm. In all my experiences they've alway tracked me to zero with follow up ultra sounds.

Have you been having any bleeding?
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Options
    Nikolie93 said:

Hmm. In all my experiences they've alway tracked me to zero with follow up ultra sounds.

Have you been having any bleeding?

No bleeding. No cramping. No signs at all.
  • Options
    @sammharrison I'm wondering why they never did blood work. Was there a reason you had to go for the ultrasound at 8 weeks?
  • Options
    I'm with @agpjt413‌. Please go see someone as soon as possible.

• Options

@sammharrison I'm wondering why they never did blood work. Was there a reason you had to go for the ultrasound at 8 weeks?

My OB said blood work is usually done for earlier pregnancies, but he said he'd do it tomorrow and Monday to compare if it would make me feel better. I had an ultrasound for dating purposes.
  • Options
    agpjt413 said:

Hi @sammharrison‌ - Any new updates today?

I'm going to get my levels tested in the same office & another ultrasound from a different office
  • Options
    Good luck and keep us posted on the results! I am glad you're going in and getting that done. Hang in there!

• Options
    No heartbeat on 2nd u/s :(
  • Options
    @agpjt413

I'm just waiting to naturally miscarry now. It's awful. I hate everything. My quality of life will never be the same.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but I'm glad you went back go confirm.

It's so very hard now and I felt the same as you with my first loss but you will move on and things do get a bit easier.

If you continue feeling like this for a long period of time I really suggest going to some counseling, it does help many.

*big hug*

• Options
    It seems they rush through it because they don't really want you to see anything.. But I knew.

I'm so sorry for your loss. The waiting period is so miserable.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about your loss. My heart hurts for you. We're all here to support you and help you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"